BP 16 Grande Rue, Mont-St-Michel, 50170, France

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Auberge Saint-Pierre

Normandy Country Hotel

by europeadventure

We are traveling to Paris and then taking the train to where ever we stay for two nights but I'm having a hard time finding a place because I want it to be out of the city and in a pretty location but within distance of a city that offers tours or buses to the Mont. St. Michele and D-Day beaches.

RE: Normandy Country Hotel

by zoommedix

your best bet for tours would be to stay near either Bayeux or Caen.
Try the following link or Google Bed and breakfast france.

www.pour-les-vacances.com/bed-breakfast-france.html

Good luck

Oh as far as D-day tours I ended up doing my own because none of the companies had an itinery that matched what i wanted to do on the day i was there. grab a good map and Normandie is easy enough to get around. I rented a car from Versailles and drove out from there.

for tours try

www.battlebus.fr/

regards

zoommedix

zoomer71@shaw.ca

RE: Normandy Country Hotel

by judela

I am planning a similiar trip in July 2006. We are Taking the train from Paris to Bayeaux and staying at the Churchill Hotel (www.hotel-churchill.fr). During our stay we will tour Normandy with either www.overlordtour.com or www.battlebus.com. Both have tours with 8 people max and pick up behind the hotel. We are then taking the train for one night on Mont. St. Michel and will stay at the Auberge Saint-Pierre (www.auberge-saintpierre.fr).There are only two hotels on Mont. St. Michel. We want to avoid the tourists. After Mont. St. Michel we will train to Rennes and rent a car from there. It seemed silly to rent a car only to have it parked in the hotel parking lot.
have fun and report back.
Judela

Driving and Parking at Mont Saint Michel

by lseeger

We are staying at La Mere Poulard Hotel on the Mont in November and are arriving in the evening by car. Where are the parking lots? How do you get onto the island? Is the new bridge open?
Just curious as I have heard horror stories of the parking lots which are submerged at high tides.
Thank you for your reply and advice.

by dnwitte

The parking lots are on the right side of the causeway approaching the mountain. Huge. Can't miss'em. Depending on how close you can get to the mount, you could have anything from a ten minute walk to almost no distance at all. The lots where I parked in September were clearly marked "Not submerged at high tide". There is a fee for parking. There was no new bridge anywhere in evidence.

by nbodyhome

We just stayed at the Auberge St. Pierre again. You park in the hotel parking lot (as we did last year too), and there isn't a problem. Really! :) I have some photos of Mont St. Michel (starting at page 3, I think) at www.neesie.org - I don't remember at the moment if I have photos of the parking lot. But it's a great place to stay, and don't worry about the tides! Hopefully you are there for the high tides, we missed them last year and nearly missed them this year (I changed our trip around so we got to see it). I thought they were supposed to gallop in, but it didn't make much noise. :)

Denise

by Beausoleil

We've never managed to be there at the highest tides either. I guess they are at Spring and Fall equinoxes. You could leave your car at Mere Poulard and walk if you enjoy walking. If not, just drive straight over toward the Mont and as stated above, the parking lot is on the right. The part that is not submerged at high tide is clearly marked. Also while you are on the Mont, they make high tide warnings regularly so you will have notice well before the tide comes in. Tide tables should also be posted so you can check for yourself if you are nervous. The tour buses park on the tidal side of the road (left as you face the Mont) and the drivers all know the tide schedules. We've noticed they cut it pretty close sometimes!

We've never gotten wet if that's any consolation. LOL

Comments