Relais St Michel

siliconbruin's Profile Photo

Beautiful view of Mont St. Michel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2006

Le Mont Saint Michel is an important pilgrimage site and tourist destination, but you can easily see all of it in 3-4 hours. I got my chocolate-covered waffle outside of La Mere Poulard (yum!), climbed to the abbey, and walked around the outside walls at low tide. (Beware, the sand is really slippery.) Then I just got tired of the endless crowds. I was glad to have a hotel nearby.

The Relais St. Michel is rated as a 4-star hotel, and is definitely very nice. There's a patio outside of the restaurant that has a phenomenal night view of the Mont. The hotel is also the nearest accomodations to the causeway and the island portion of Mont St. Michel. I walked to and from the abbey without problem. In fact, I walked faster than the car traffic.

My room was spacious, comfortable, and relaxing. The staff was courteous and spoke English when my French failed me.

I just wish they had a business center with computers and internet access.

Goner's Profile Photo

What a view!

by written on May 31, 2004

I didn't stay at this hotel, but wish I could have. It faces Mont Saint Michel - what a fabulous view it must have in the evenings.

Unique Quality: This hotel faces Mont Saint Michel only a few hundred meters away, and it offers a spectaular panoramic view of the Mont. There is also a restaurant with the same exceptional views.

Directions: On the mainland.

Nearby Relais St Michel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Mont Saint Michel Travel Forum

Need advice about Mont Saint Michel, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Mont Saint Michel and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mont Saint Michel hotel reviews