Boulevard Aristide Briand 11 - Quartier, Trouville
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Residence Maeva Orion Trouville

Say "cheese" (or rather "fromage")

by b1bob

Most meals served every day in France are at least 3 courses. They start with a type of salad, then there is the entree, and then there is the cheese course. In France, there are as many types of cheese as a dog has fleas. When I stayed with Luc's family in the summers of 1989 and 1990 and on my return in 2000, they had brie, camembert, roquefort, and some type of hard cheese. It makes sense to have a cheese course because it cleanses your pallette in transition to dessert or as a last course of the meal.

The Flea Markets

by Freddiexpat

While here one of the best things to do other than visiting all the well trodden tourist sights is to take in one of the flea markets. There are several markets of this nature and each tends to lean towards one area of speciality. The flea market of Vanves has always been an enjoyable experiance for me since it takes place in the street. The are cafe's to relax and enjoy the atmosphere after having "Done the Rounds"
Then another place that is worth a visit is the Book Market at Parc George Brassens.

Shopping, Les Halles, paris...

by linda_hurst

Shopping, Les Halles, paris FRance, and the flea markets...nowhere is bad...just be patient with the sales clerks, they are really nasty to Americans
You could shop non stop for days, I had a hard time wasting my time sleeping at night.

island excursion from cannes

by liquidkitty1

there is a quaint flea market in cannes on saturday mornings. tour the fantastic marina filled with muli-million dollar yachts. walk through the pedestrian market for lunch supplies then get away from it all with a 15m ferry to island of st marguerite and relax on your private beach. we had mini quiches and a bottle of wine and lay in the sun, listening to the sea... strolled around the island before returning to cannes to walk promenade de la croisette. a much better option than the pricey hotels with crowded rocky beaches.

European Humour

by budapest8

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced
enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months,
enough gas is produced to create the
energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that's more like it!)

The human heart! creates enough pressure when it pumps
out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
(O.M.G.! )

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before
it starves to death! (Creepy)
(I'm still not over the pig.)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour
(Don't try this at home, maybe at work)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is
attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
("Honey, I'm home. What the....?!")

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human
jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes..lucky pig! Can you imagine?)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(Hmmmmmm......)

Flea Market at CannesFlea Market at Cannes

Flea market of VanvesFlea market of Vanves

Flea Markets in the Normandy area?

by Princess-Kitten

Hello! We'll be in Basse Normandie from 2nd to 16th Sept and I'd love to have a good rummage round some flea markets. Does anyone know of any in the area? We're driving so distance isn't too much of a problem, within reason!

Thank you!
Em x

by Dabs

There's a HUGE flea market in Lille every year the first weekend in September, it's called the Grand Braderie. We've been twice, it's the largest flea market I've ever seen.

Wow that was quick!

Thanks very much - I've put it in my travel planner!

by Dabs

You're welcome :-) Just so you know finding lodging in Lille is next to impossible and you might not want to drive in, it's really that big. I put how we did it and where we stayed on my Lille page. And be sure to eat some moules frites!

by ATLC

hi there. Same website as I replied in your Haute Normandie posting.
For Basse-Normandie it is:

by Princess-Kitten

Cheers! I answered your Haute-Normandie posting.

by ATLC

Well errr... Lille is the border with Belgium (where Lille is called Rijssel)!

:-)

by Dabs

The first time we went to the flea market in Lille we combined it with a driving trip through Normandy. But indeed it is on the border of Belgium, the 2nd time we went we combined it with a driving trip through Benelux.

This isn't a simple weekend flea market though, it's only one time a year and it is HUGE, that is why I recommended it. For someone who enjoys flea markets I would say it's a must see stop seeing as they will be in the general vicinity.

And lodgings on that weekend tend to be very difficult to get, the 2nd time we went we stayed in Menen because Lille, Tourcoing and Roubaix were all booked for the lower budget accomodations.

by Princess-Kitten

Thanks for all the replies! Lille wasn't really possible this time but I have definitely kept it in mind for a future trip!

Flea Markets in Milan

by bakpakchik

Hey all. I've just been commissioned by a magazine to do a short write-up on Milan's fleamarkets and places to get one-season-old or such designer and high street brands clothes and accessories in the city. Anyone here on VT have any beans to spill about must-visit markets and/or tips regarding finding designer bargains in Milan?

Re: Flea Markets in Milan

by pieter_jan_v

Ask Madschick (http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/3fa12/). That's the Flea Market specialist.

PJ

Vintage Fashion Markets in Southern France?

by Senoritasmile

Which are the best flea markets for buying vintage fashion? I don't just mean 2nd hand clothes but fashion from the decades 1920's 30's 40's etc..... I know Paris has a few listed but

Re: Vintage Fashion Markets in Southern France?

by sirgaw

One day a week (Saturday I think) the famous Nice flower market becomes a flea market selling all sorts of stuff. I did see clothing there but cannot comment on if it was second hand or 20's etc. We sort of got stuck looking at an amazing collection of old post cards. Anyway its one suggestion and those more familiar with southern France might be able to come up with more - good luck.

Re: Vintage Fashion Markets in Southern France?

by Senoritasmile

Many thanks for the responses so far guys x

Comments