Hotel Agena

10 Fregate La Belle Poule, Brest, 29200, France
Hotel Agena
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Brest

The center of the fairThe center of the fair

Geography of BrestGeography of Brest

Sea foods.Sea foods.

Crab cages and fish netsCrab cages and fish nets

hello help me out

hi,
i am rajeev,i am plannin to visit brest in may..can u suggest me some part time jobs,and plz provide me with an idea of the jobs and pay,and i dont know french,,,,

by christine.j

You don't say where you're from. In case you don't have an EU passport, you need a work permit which is very hard to get. Without speaking French it will also be very hard to get a job. Why don't you start to learn French in preparation of your visit? This will increase your chances.

by rajeevdharavath

well i am from india..coming to brest on sme research wrk for 3mnths..i just want some part time job to support my stay.will it be a problem for me to get a job at brest.i can do any work to support my stay

by christine.j

sme research wrk - you mean some research work? Check the visa you got for the research work, if it allows you to work or not.Even if you have the work permit, it will be very hard to find a job, since you don't speak French and will only be there for a few weeks.
Where do you do your research work? Maybe the people there will be able to point you towards a job, where you won't need French. Do you do your research work in English?

by rajeevdharavath

well thanq...i am plannin my research at human rights commision..nd my research is in english....i have a tourist visa

by christine.j

I'm sorry to tell you that you're not allowed to work on a tourist visa.If you did and were found out, you could forget about doing your research and would face other consequences, among them being banned from the Schengen area for some years.
But as I said before, without any French your chances would have been very low anyway.

Travel Tips for Brest

The French dine rather late in...

by sandravdp

The French dine rather late in summer, so be prepared to dine from at least 19.00 (7 pm) hours or 20.00 (8 pm)hours until 22.00 (10 pm)hours or maybe later.
For shops: most are closed between 11 am and 2 pm and on sundays.

BREST and Finistère (the end of the earth)

by tegniz

"Brest"

I've been in Brest from 1st to 27th of August 2005! I leaved from Italy all alone by my car...I founded a french course on internet and I decided to go there to learn speaking french! I've met lot of new friends up there...this picture has been taken from Italy with the webcam of the site www.mairie.brest.com = this is the main square, the centre of the town. The small people down there are me and my friends...BELIEVE ME! I think this photo is the best souvenir I have of that holyday...
Brest finally is a very big port...the one on the backgrounr of this photo is the biggest port of Brest, the Port of Commerce, but there are two more ports in Brest!
I don't properly think that Brest is intresting...well, I found my own way to make it intresting (that's maybe the secret for travelling), but I was there as a student, and for me pubs, beach party and night life were sufficient! But I also visited most part of Finistère by my car and with my friends of all over the world!

"THE BEACH: Plage le conquet"

In brest there aren't beautiful beaches, it's a port...well, if you listen the locals they will say you that Plage du Moulin Blanc is the beautiful beach in the world...but I've been there and I've also been in Sardinia!DON'T TELL ME BULLS--T! But I think that if you move from the town you can find really beautifull places...the one I preferred is Le CONQUET! There are also buses from Brest to LeConquet, but BE CAREFULL! With the bus you will arrive to the petit village Le conquet...the beautiful beches are not there...you have a quite long walk to get the real beach (you are better to ask once there...I had the car..)!
But it is not the only one...on tne coast every place seems to be magic...and don't miss the sunsets...a very DAYLY MIRACLE!

"Trégastel et la cote du granit rose"

"Plage s. Michel"