Inter-Hotel Le Lion D'Or - Saint-Brice En Cogles

Melusine and Gobelin TowersMelusine and Gobelin Towers

A Room in a TowerA Room in a Tower

Fougères - Coat of ArmsFougères - Coat of Arms

Travel Tips for Fougères

remember that 'A Fougeres, on...

by Carmanah

remember that 'A Fougeres, on est comme ca!' This was part of a gift given to me by the Renard family. It's a sticker (though looking a bit more raggedy than I remember). This basically means that, 'In Fougeres, we're like this!' - and the Britanny region in France is shaped like a thumbs up sign, hence the thumbs up! And it really is true! In Fougeres, they ARE like that!

Fougères Tip

by Carmanah

is getting in the local Fougeres newspaper! When I got back home, I received a postcard and a letter from the Renard family. Apparently our school visiting their school was newsworthy ;) and hey, quite frankly, I completely agree with them! (BTW - click on the picture - I'm in it!)

Fougères Tip

by Carmanah

staying with the Renard family. Here was the bedroom that I shared with Charline and Morgane. In fact, there's a picture of Morgane on the wall to the left of my bed. I really appreciated how much they made me feel at home. When I arrived, there were even dolls on my pillow. How cute! :)

See A Megalithic Alignment Near Fougeres

by hquittner

As a dividend for our detour to Fougeres we were aware that we would be able to see our first Breton Stones. This whetted our appetite for future visits to this are of France. This is not Carnac of Stonehenge, but it is the real thing and it was our first view of this kind of atrefact. It is called the "Cordon des Druides". It is a line of 80 low quartzite stones about 300 m long in an alley in a birch forest. The tallest stone is about 2m high. It is reached by taking D117 Northeast from Fougeres . After 2.5 km , there is a road right marked "Cordon des Druides". At 0.7km a signpost left shows a footpath to this.

Fougères

by grayfo

The historic Breton town of Fougères, home to the largest medieval castle in Europe that dominates the town with its ring of defensive towers and strong walls. Fougères is also a good place to explore, with its half-timbered houses and the grand old church of Saint-Sulpice, built in the fifteenth century in typical gothic style.

Comments