Le Manoir Hotel des Indes

Le Manoir Hotel des Indes
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Quimper

Processional Figure (Santik Du?)Processional Figure (Santik Du?)

South PorchSouth Porch

TurineTurine

Cathedral cloisterCathedral cloister

Travel Tips for Quimper

The Cult of Saint Anne

by ExGuyParis

"Saint-Anne d'Auray"

In the garden of the Basilica of Saint Anne d'Auray. This shrine, dedicated to the mother of Mary, has been a site for pilgrimages for hundreds of years. The town of Saint Anne d'Auray is near Quimper in Brittany.

I am what my grandmother called a "lapsed Catholic"-- brought up in the Catholic church, but I stopped participating 30 years ago. Despite this, I still love visiting places like this. There is an aura, a mystery, and a power here.

"Perfect Acoustics"

The lower part of this chapel has the most amazing acoustics I have ever experienced. If you sing a tone, it hangs in the air for many seconds. I was able to sing something in four-part harmony, all by myself! I was really wishing that some of my singing friends were with me, so we could have performed a liturgical piece or two. It would have been heavenly.

"Quimper As Camp"

Quimper is a perfect "base camp" for discovering Brittany (Bretagne). There are countless villages and towns to explore, beautiful ports and beaches, outstanding regional cuisine... it is a delightful part of France! (See also my Plogoff/Point du Raz page and Vannes page).

Comments