Citotel La Ville En Pierre

Citotel La Ville en Pierre
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Rennes

windowwindow

Tour de l'Horloge (detail)Tour de l'Horloge (detail)

Hotel de VilleHotel de Ville

from Rennes to St Malo

by oska

Do you have any idea how to move to Rennes to St Malo by night? I'll be in Rennes at 10.00 pm and the last train leaves at 21.50 :( I have to be in St. Malo at 7.00am to catch a ferry. Maybe buses? Are the cabs very expensive by night? This is a 70 km distance, so I'm afraid I won't afford it. I'll be grateful for any information.

RE: from Rennes to St Malo

by thelohier

Vous pouvez prendre un taxi de Rennes à St Malo .Vous pouvez dormir à Rennes dans la chaine d'hotel 1 classes ou formule 1 à Montgermont.Compter environ 30euros.
Jacques
Jacquesprou@aol.com

RE: RE: from Rennes to St Malo

by Dunx

The taxis are expensive. The official rate (from http://www.taxis-de-france.com/professionnel/tarifstaxis.htm ) for a single journey at night is just under €2 per km - so you'd be looking at €140 plus those little extras like baggage, pick-up charge and tip.

It would certainly be cheaper to hire a car if you are able to. I don't think there are any buses running when you need them, and you've already checked the train. On Fridays only there is a train at 22.48 (also on Weds 13 July), and the first train in the morning (06.26) doesn't arrive until 07.35, so too late.

I'm sure you've thought of all the possibilities, but can that part of your journey which takes you to Rennes at 22.00 not be altered ?

Sorry I can't be more constructive - you seem to be very unlucky by 10 minutes !

Travel Tips for Rennes

Stade de la Route de Lorient

by Maximilian21

The home of Rennes football club is the stade de la route de lorient.
It has recently been renovated and has a capacity of 31 000,which is not bad for a town of 200 000.
I used to always love coming here to watch stade rennais, bu would often spend my time watching the other team.

Thurs 16th March ? Rennes - France

by RanR

"Monsieur the Students are revolting."

Get to road the venue is on for 8.30 students blockading it with burning wheelie bins COOL some workmen led us through the back streets to be confronted by the other end of the road also blockaded. Not so cool, after some negotiation with the they let us through and thats where I now sit typing this up, waiting until 13.30 so we can get in it's now noon Aaahhh!

"They've blocked off both ends of the street"

The municipal worker pursuaded the students that the vacant looking English bloke should be let through their barricade or they'll be no show tonight. Thankfully they agreed and I had a very quiet street to park on.

"Wake up Pete"

This is part of the workers rights march by the students of Rennes. This pik is through the windscreen of the bus as they filed past banging drums, using loud hailers, Whistles, and generally shouting. Pete didn't wake up despite this going on inches from his head. That boy can sleep for England!

"The City itself"

Like the complete fool that I am I forgot my camera and I could have got some great pix this place is very quaint with loads of well worn in buildings and a lot of history. I will endevour to get some of the pix Pete got on his phone. Ah well im learning about this VT mallarkey.

Comments