Mercure Hotel Rennes Centre Pre-Botte

Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
Goner's Profile Photo

They kicked us out

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 18, 2004

We stayed in the city of Rennes at a Mercure Hotel. We had called ahead to reserve the room for three nights. After an enjoyable two-night stay, our third night turned into a nightmare. We returned at 10 p.m. from a long day of visiting St. Malo and found our bags sitting in the lobby. "Why, we asked?". The night clerk became very nervous, and informed us that we didn't have a reservation for the night! Oh yes, we did I informed him, we had made the reservation with the red-headed clerk. Our bags were in shambles with clothes falling out - my son's dirty socks were in my makeup bag - I was *^@#&* to say the least. My son still had a key and raced up to the room - his laptop was missing!!! The night clerk was ready for a nervous breakdown by then as I was resorting our suitcases all over the lobby checking for any other missing articles. Dan came down with his laptop that which had been hidden in the extra blanket bag. We finished repacking our bags before giving back the key. The night clerk was on the phone calling other hotels and found one for twice the price we were paying for a room at the Mercure. I guess he was afraid we would leave without paying and locked the front door. We had him in a sweat as his glasses kept sliding down his nose - actually it was enjoyable watching him sweat. I paid the bill and we left to find another room at 10:30 at night. We didn't have to go far to find a small hotel, but this one was without air conditioning. Some Italians were being evicted with us, glad we weren't there when they returned. I had noted to the night clerk that he had mixed some of their articles with ours.

Just one of our many experiences while traveling in France.

Unique Quality: Great buffet breakfast

Directions: Not far from the train station in the center of Rennes

Nearby Mercure Hotel Rennes Centre Pre-Botte

• Room Service
  • Fitness Center
  • Pets Allowed

Rennes Travel Forum

Need advice about Rennes, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Rennes and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rennes hotel reviews