Sejours et Affaires Villa Camilla

local styleslocal styles

The Regional HQ RENNESThe Regional HQ RENNES

Jardin du ThaborJardin du Thabor

Travel Tips for Rennes

Rent a car (see transportation...

by JoeyWu

Rent a car (see transportation below) in Rennes and drive north to Saint-Malo and Mont-St-Michel. On the way, a small town Dinan should be visited to experience the beautiful castle, river (La Rance), valley, and bridges (Vieux Pont and Le Viaduc).

Place des Lices

by Mikebond

Place des Lices is one of the most typical squares and one of my favourite places in Rennes. It was there that knight jousting used to take place in the Middle Ages. After being enlarged in the 16th century, it hosted the hôtels particuliers. They were the residences of members of Parliament built in a kind of medieval-like style. You can still see these half-timbered houses around the square and in some streets nearby. (To be honest, I'm not sure that all of these pictures refer to this square. Some could have been taken in another place).
Today, place des Lices is one of the main meeting points for the Rennes people. Evidence for this is provided by the many tables outside the bars (see the first, second and fifth photo).
A very nice location, indeed! Don't miss it!

Mont St Michel

by sandravdp

Here are some more Mont Saint-Michel pictures for you. The city on the hill is really a must see. At high tide the road to it and the parking space runs under meters of water. Check out the tides before visiting.

Mont Saint-Michel at sunset. Pretty ain't it? To bad I didn't take this picture myself, it's a card I bought in a shop there.

"St Malo"

The next best thing to Mont Saint-Michel is Saint Malo. This nice city is very large, has old castle walls around it and is near the sea.

The beach sure is great here. At low tide you can walk to the islands nearby with a guide.

Castle / City walls and beach.

Walking through the streets.

Some people here are very poor and make a living by playing music and collecting money. We were listening and looking.

This statue says: That way! And yes, is he right. The sea over there is beautiful.

Some parts of the wall have these kinda of window like holes in it. The result is a lovely view.

"Camping out"

Ever been on a campground. Well, in France are lots of campgrounds. This one was at 'Doll the Bretagne', a kind of luxurious campground. The castle and langowner who already had a swimmingpool, golfcourse and stable decided to make some more money by turning it all into campground property.

We hired a tent with small kitchen, lights and beds from the Canvas organization.

My mother and I at the road to Mont St Michel.

Yep and we enjoyed ;o)

Do some reading and smile at the camera.

Those hammocks (do I spell this correctly?) were fine!

At campgrounds you easily make friends as my father did.

Some people really bring along the whole family.

This is English Kelly, she was the friend of my brother René at that time. It was fun to see ;o)

The whole family together: my father & mother, my brother & I.

Mom drinking tea.

"Circus & Horses"

There was a small cicrus at the campground when we were there. It was called Circus Bongo. They had a camel as you can see.

And also a monkey and a llama.

Mont Saint-Michel at high tide. This gives you a good idea of what it's like.

Ofcourse I found the horses were more interesting.

It even gave me the idea of looking up the stable of the campground and go for a ride.

"Brittany"

Besides Mont Saint-Michel and Saint Malo we also visited other places in Britanny (Bretagne). I didn't remember all the names and couldn't find it anymore too...

My brother René and some nice cathedral.

When driving through the countryside you get to see things like this.

Many old Roman bridges are still to be found in France and they are still in use too! It also often happens that very large aquaducts are being repaired and used as roads.

Lovely views.

The city is made of rocks as you can see here.

Teaching my brother how to ride. Well, I wasn't really I just could ride a horse myself.

Some place at the beach.

In the countryside.

A castle at Bois de Francs.

"The Abbey"

When going through the streets -lots of shops and good food here!- you can get on top of this city. Here you can find the miraculous abbey with it's pretty garden and magnificent view.

Ofcourse I must ride a horse, what do you think?

The abbey's garden.

Inside the abbey.

The view from the top of the city!

The road to Mont Saint-Michel seen from the top. The cars of the visitors are parked on the sideways of the road.

Comments