Saint-Jacut-de-la-Mer Hotels

Our Members Say

• boughrood profile photo boughrood
  • Reviews: 1
Le Vieux Moulin: Windmill

I am not sure I should be mentioning this place at all. I dont really want you lot going there and messing it up. But the owners seem to have resisted change so far and so perhaps I ought to rely on them to continue to keep their place unique and unspoiled and to resist your silly insistence on TV's and similar nonsenses.
This is the kind of place that appeals to an English Radio 4 listerner who is himself bordering on the eccentric. I dont think it suitable for most Americans. Or indeed, for different reasons the English Ibiza brigade.

This hotel is or was a windmill and it is a very atmospheric. I find it elegant and peaceful with very fine food.
I carefully rehearsed the french for 'the light in the bathroom needs replacing' and the owner who is a charming chap and an excellent cook seemed to understand immediately which pleased me greately. However he didn't actually do anything about it for the rest of the week. The strange thing is though that I rather like the idea of him not quite getting round to doing it in preference to the more mundane explanation that in fact I had said something else to him other than I had thought.
Excellent place.