Hotel Le Nautilus

9 rue de la Corne de Cerf, Saint-Malo, 35400, France

More about Hotel Le Nautilus

OUR CAMPING GROUND IN SUZY FRANCE: A GREAT PLACE..

by eden_teuling about HAVE TO LOOK THAT UP AGAIN....

Large place, covered with trees and with lots of little ponds and you are allowed to put up your tent wherever you want.
The baker brings fresh bread in the morning, there is a restaurant / bar and the owner is a very pleasant man! (his wife a friendly woman)!!

His name is Mr. Michel De Clercq....... I would not go there with little children because of the water.......

Hotel Fantasia over looking...

by LeaW

Hotel Fantasia over looking the canals not far from central station and had wonderful couple who manage hotel. Wife checks in people and husband makes breakfast of 8 minute eggs, breads all kinds, cheese and meats and coffee, tea or hot chocolate. It was very reasonable priced and unfortunately don't remember but price was under $40.00 American money as I am a budget independent traveler.
I am sure I paid under $40.00 per night and I stayed 4 nights and left the following morning for brussels. The views from here was overlooking the canals and the houses across the street and walking distance to everything literally everything is only walking distance and everything is in a circle there.

D is for the Dambusters hotel, Woodhall Spa

by sourbugger about The Petwood hotel, Woodhall Spa, Lincs, UK

Only a three stars - but what a setting. The extensive grounds are lovely for walks and you can sometimes get a band playing in the gardens.

They nearly always have grand piano playing in the lounge area on Sundays, usually by stunning blonde. (my analysis not my wife's) The place was the officers mess for 617 Squadron during the second world war. That's the famous dambusters squadron that attacked the Rhur dams with Barnes -Wallis's 'bouncing bombs', which worked on the same principle as a stone skipping over water when thrown.

You can see the remains a prototype a bouncing bomb in the car park.

They also have what were Top Secret documents relating to the raid on display in the lobby area.

Located in Ganet in Normandy. ...

by Martin_S.

Located in Ganet in Normandy. Good location for an early start to visit Mont St. Michel.
Between $35-45 for the family. This B&B is a converted grain mill with the water wheel still operational. You can sit near the waterwheel and have a cup of coffee outside. The special thing about this place is the owners! When we arrived after a long day touring they invited us into their kitchen for a cup of coffee with them. The wife brought out some breads, cheeses and jams (homemade). We actually ended up sitting and talking (a few words of French and English and a lot of hand signals) for several hours with them, eventually their son Pascal showed up and he spoke English (he later visited us for a week here at our home in Israel). They offered to take our daughter Tal to their farm the next morning, so we spent the next morning meeting the cows, ducks, chickens, geese and especially the horses which totally entranced our daughter. The highlight of the evenining was when they asked Pascal in French to do something and he excused himself for several minutes, returning with a smile on his face. He told us that he had been asked by his father to bring from their wine cellar a bottle of wine (Burgandy) produced in the same year that our daughter was born. The next morning Pascal also brought a bottle of wine for us from his home cellar and presented it to us before he took us on the tour of the farm with his father. We then had a late breakfast with them (after the tourists had left, we were no longer strictly tourists) all befofe leaving for Mont St. Michel.
I think that our day spent here was one of the most memorable in France. This is what you travel for.

Miss this one

by tonyjohn789 about L'Ancrage, 7 Rue Jaques Cartier St Malo 35400

This restaurant provided my wife with and myself with an entrecote steak which must have been sliced with a bacon slicer! My wife asked for medium rare and was given a well done steak. She complained to the waiter who proceeded to use my wife's knife and fork to cut the steak in the hope of finding some part of the steak which was not well done. I immediately requested the bill and our table was joined by a person who I believe was either the owner or head waiter. She told the waiter to change the steak with another. The replacement arrived and was marginally better.

I suggest any visitor to St Malo avoids this disgraceful restaurant and their appallingly behaved staff. None

Me and Wife at ChenonceauMe and Wife at Chenonceau

My wife, the monolith and the Eiffle TowerMy wife, the monolith and the Eiffle Tower

Wife and I are planning a 5 day vacation to France.

by tomkatusa

Hi, Anyone give info on France?...Will be there April 4-9th 2004......Looking for inexpensive, but nice, recommendations on hotels in Paris and anywhree else there might be something to do or see......Also places to eat...Anything you can pass on will be helpful...Coming in from Ams...Thanks Tom

Re: Wife and I are planning a 5 day vacation to France.

by ATLC

If you want to travel around, use the French B&B Guide... Gites de France
It's inexpensive, you don't need to make reservations, just call in the morning and you get to stay in all sorts of very French locations (farms, townhouses, cottages etc.).
For some examples see the accomodation tips on my France page: http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/2bf0c/1c

Re: Wife and I are planning a 5 day vacation to France.

by delcity

this site use to have some good links ( www.newfrontiers.com ) check it out

Do I need a car in St Malo?

by msklausler

My husband and I are going to St Malo for 4 days. He has a conference and I will be shopping and enjoying the city during the day. But, do I need a car to do these things? I would prefer to not have one, but if I need one to enjoy the city I will get one. Any advice? Also, we are staying at Oceania and they may or may not have parking.

Thank you!

by alza

Hi Mel,
I went to St-Malo twice & focussed on the Old City (signs say: Intra Muros), don't know about Paramé on the other side.

We were passing through each time, spent the day, not the night. I had my car and remember I parked it for as many hours as we needed, didn't drive it at all in the Old City.

Hotel Oceania is within easy walking distance to the Old City, very close. The hotel ad says you are close to shops and interesting things to see and that there are buses very close to it.
I also read on reviews by various sites like booking.com, destinia.com etc that there is a "garage" or parking. One reviewer said the parking was too expensive but that's another matter...

You don't need a car for St-Malo Intra-Muros. You'll probably spend most of your time there, it's charming, and a car would be a bother.
For Paramé side of town, local buses will be fine.
For day trips outside town (such as to Mont St-Michel and other places), there is also public transport. Enquire at your hotel or if convenient, go to the tourist office at esplanade St-Vincent, just outside the old city. You'll pass it coming from your hotel going into the Old City.

Enjoy St-Malo! :)

by msklausler

Excellent! Thank you! :)

by caoimhe321

you can easily get around st malo without a car.
Hope you enjoy your holday

by CoxUGA

My wife and i just returned on May 10 from St Malo. Like the others have already said, you do not need a car. Nor do you need one to visit Dinard, a worthwhile, short boat ride across the harbor. While we liked St Malo and would go many more times, one day of sightseeing, max two, satisfied our curiousity. There are more places to see that are equally delightful and for which you need a car. Assuming you have not already visited them, there is, amongst others, the drive on the local road to Cancale. It is magnificent, if you like seascapes. There is Mount St. Michel is an easy day trip. It rivals the Taj Mahel in its beauty and, unfortunately, in the gamut of tourist traps one must run to finally get to the abbey itself. Dinan is a medieval town with impressive, memorable architecture. Another day trip that is arduous, but indelibly unforgetable, is to the D-Day beaches in Normandy.

Tucker Cox

Bretagne in summer

by Zuzan

Dear all,
I plan to travel to Bretagne this august.
I have never been there. I have just one question - do you think is there possible also to swimm in the sea, or it is in general too cold over there.
If yes do you have some nice tips?
thanks
zuzana

Re: Bretagne in summer

by pfsmalo

Hi,
I live in St. Malo on the north coast of Brittany. The water at the moment is around 17/19° C. I personally don't swim when it's this fresh but my wife is in practically every day.Depends what you're used to.....

Comments