Chateau des Ormeaux Amboise

Route de Noizay, D1, Nazelles Negron, 37530, France

More about Chateau des Ormeaux Amboise

Chateau de charme!

by TripAdvisor Member Vivianite

We've just returned from 5 nights at Chateau des Ormeaux. It is a stunning place, inside and out. The colors of the rooms, the furnishings, the accessories are gorgeous and carefully chosen, which made my artist's heart very happy. The building and the grounds are elegantly maintained. With all of this elegance, however, the ambience is extremely comfortable and welcoming. Eric, Dominique and Emmanuel are gracious and lively hosts who clearly love their home and enjoy sharing it with guests. The chateau is perfectly situated, being within easy driving distance of all the famous Loire Valley chateaux. We travel to France often and this is now our favorite nonParisian place to stay. The rates are very, very reasonable, too.

Wonderful Chateau

by TripAdvisor Member Cryptic

We cannot overstate our enjoyment of three nights at Chateau des Ormeaux. Our room was (very) large, light, well furnished with high quality furniture and rugs and including comfortable sitting chairs, and was recently decorated in a style totally in keeping with a chateau. A large, well equipped bathroom (as big as many a hotel bedroom) with good toiletries and thick white towels changed daily completed our room.

It was very peaceful and the red squirrel in the trees outside our room was an unexpected, but delightful and entertaining bonus.

Breakfasts were excellent, and featured home made preserves, cakes and outstanding creme caramel, plus all the usuals.

Emmanuel and Dominique (Eric was absent) were the hosts during our stay, and nothing could have been too much trouble for them. We shall certainly stay there again next year. We arrived as guests and left as friends.

A very nice and comfortable place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member kelvinklam

We're so glad that we found Chateau des Ormeaux after spending quite some time searching on the net for a nice and affordable castle to stay in Loire Valley. I agree with some of the previous reviews that the castle and its surrounding courtyard were more beautiful than what shown on the pictures. Our host, Emmanuel, was extremely friendly and helpful. He didn't even ask for a credit card when we check in and he made very tasty preserve!

In general, the property was very well kept and nicely decorated. We would definitly like to go back for a longer stay.

A wonderful and romantic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Erin74

We stayed at Chateau Des Ormeaux during our October 2005 honeymoon in France. It was absolutely our favorite hotel from the trip and we would love to return soon. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the owners and given a tour of the chateau. There has been so much attention to detail at this hotel- everything is beautiful, from the interior décor to the lovely grounds outside.

We were booked in the "Rameau" room, which was spacious and nicely decorated. The room is quiet and has a view down the tree-lined back drive. The bathroom was just enormous and had a wonderful bathtub. We loved having free internet service and the owners were even kind enough to do some laundry for us. I don’t know if they normally do this, but they were very nice about it. Everything we asked for they gladly accommodated. We also enjoyed being just a quick drive from Amboise and the many chateaux in the area. Chateau Des Ormeaux was a great base for our sightseeing.

On Saturday night, we joined the chateau’s dinner. The food was simply amazing and we had a wonderful time meeting the other guests. If you book here, you must attend the dinner-- it really made the stay very special. We felt like we were in someone’s home while staying at the chateau, it had such a warm and inviting atmosphere. We also had breakfast in the dining room, which was a tad expensive but worth it just to taste all the homemade jams provided. We loved them so much we bought one to bring home. Thanks to Eric, Emmanuel, Dominique and everyone at Chateau Des Ormeaux who made our honeymoon stay so relaxing and luxurious. We can’t recommend this place enough- it’s a very special and memorable hotel.

A Dream of a Vacation

We stayed 4 wonderful nights at the Chateau des Ormeaux and enjoyed every moment. The rooms are huge and beautifully furnished. Everything was spotlessly clean. We had a hot pot to make tea in the morning, as well as a delicious breakfast provided. The hosts are charming and helpful and friendly. After driving around all day touring the various castles on the Loire we felt as if we were coming home when we returned to our chateau every night. They have a swimming pool that was perfectly clean and clear. The location is very central for touring the sights and is only about 5 minutes from the Amboise castle. We had a charming stay and would highly recommend this delightful chateau. My daughter (age 14)and I loved it! It was like staying in a fairy tale!

Wonderful week-end

We found this chateau on the internet and it was a highlight of our week trip to Touraine (France). It is a chateau near Amboise and near the Loire river. It is a convenient base to all the most popular chateaux of the Loire Valley. The 3 guys who run and own it are very very friendly and great at what they do.

Our room was large and comfortable and included a huge and modern bathroom and 3 large windows all with beautiful view. It has been beautifully renovated (check out the before and after album in the sitting room). Breakfast is large and features preserves made on site that are fantastic. It is served family style at a large table in a beautiful dining room with all the other guests - a unique and very positive experience. The surrounding grounds are beautiful with paths to vineyards up the escarpment in the back, a field out front. The experience at Chateau des Ormeaux is very peaceful and relaxing.

We stayed 1 night and would have stayed longer if we had the time.

Super as usual

It was lovely as usual. Our bedroom and the new bath room are very confortable. Thanks also for the fabulous breakfast with your home made jam, and for the guest tables that we share with interested people. Hope to be there for the new year.
Finally congratulations to our kind guests
PS : thanks again for my birthday party you organized in May. All people were charmed by our hospitality and several said that thy will come again

A good relaxation...

by TripAdvisor Member sabola

We have booked couprin room and it's beautifully decorated and the bathroom is huge. We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights.

I agree with most of the comments. The hotel can do better if they could replace some of fruits which looked tired. We saw the old bananas sitting there and nobody replaced them. Until the last morning, they were sitting rotten on the plate. We wanted to have fresh fruits and kept waiting every morning.

They serve continental breakfast only. Don't expect a big breakfast.

My complaint is the beds. The beds are not comfortable. It really hurt my back and gave me shoulder pain.

If they could replace nice comfortable beds like westin or Marriott, I would give it a 5 stars.

I high recommend joining the dinner. The food was good and we met some really nice people from different parts of the world. We sat at the same table and it was really special to be in the dinning room with 12 other travellers.

Magnifique!!

Arriving at the Chateau exceeded our expectations. My husband and I planned on staying one night and stayed for three and still needed another night. We reserved the Le Cuperin room with the beautiful bath. After an amazing breakfast of breads, cheese and incredible jams, we walked the grounds and vineyards, toured the wine country and chateaus in the area and enjoyed incredible dinners in the nearby area. Eric and Dominique were very gracious hosts and tolerated my poor French, and made us feel very welcome. Even though it was November and chilly, we had an amazing stay and would highly recommnend a visit.

An Amazing Getaway Experience

This experience is unlike any other I have experienced. I have seen many charming B&B in my time and even some pretty amazing chateaux in France. However, the experience I have had at les Ormeaux is unlike any other. Relaxing, entertaining, beautiful, and full of charm, this amazing chateau is one that I consider as a top destination in my book. I cannot begin to explain the experience and the memories of my stays here, but I can only highly recommend it to others.
It is not only the location and decor of the chateau but also the hospitality, kindness, and warmth of all the hosts. I will be back soon!

Derek Rinehart