Chateau De Rochecotte Langeais

More about Tours

Kitchen Garden in Touraine, le RivauKitchen Garden in Touraine, le Rivau

Tours - Sacred Martin's basilTours - Sacred Martin's basil

Azay-le-RideauAzay-le-Rideau

From the center of the boulevardFrom the center of the boulevard

How to get from Tours to CDG Airport by Train

by CCWONG

Hi, we will be visiting Tours and go to the CDG airport directly from Tours, however I couldn't find any train connection from SCNF website as it does not show the destination of CDG airport. Does anyone can help me by providing the train schedule and connection details? Thank you.

RE: How to get from Tours to CDG Airport by Train

by londonbabe

Not quite sure why you can't find CDG. There is definitely a service. Try this?

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ (“timetables” heading) and type as your city of arrival: “ AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV (95) »

cheers
Sarah

Re: How to get from Tours to CDG Airport by Train

by kayec

Hi there, as far as I know there is no direct train. We did this same journey in April, took the TGV from St Pierre de Corps to Paris Montparnasse, then the Air France bus from outside the station to CDG. You could also use the Metro or RER to connect but we had a bit of luggage so thought the bus was easier.

Travel Tips for Tours

my mother has lived 1 year in...

by fabrice

my mother has lived 1 year in blois(loir-et-cher),see the strange stairs of its castle on the picture and 1 year in romorantin-lanthenay(loir-et-cher);we used to come with my wife to visit her,and these 2 cities seemed so peaceful compared to paris!

The Azay-le-Rideau castle

by Pierre_Rouss

The Azay-le-Rideau castle
This is the cutest and smallest castle I saw and visited. It lies along a nice pond, in a beautiful garden. A room inside this castle will often have windows on opposing walls and be connected to the next with only a door (no corridor, you have to cross each rooms to cross the whole castle).
Classification: Museums , Photography , Site Seeing

Exploring the Old Town

by Sharrie

Just a short walk away from St. Gathien is the old town of the city. The atmosphere is a little touristy, like most of the old towns. It has nice architecture though & it's here that I found the French attitudes towards tourists have changed for the better in the last few years!

I was looking for the internet cafe just to check if the 2 VTers I'm supposed to meet in Paris had any change of plans. It turned out there was. Looking for one with a French address on hand wasn't quite easy since I don't speak a single word of French, or may be I do. Just "bonjour" & "merci" which get me almost everywhere, lol... Oh well, I found this pub finally, it has the same street number but I knew it wasn't what I was looking for. Had to ask someone afterall... since I don't believe in breaking my legs just to find an internet cafe! Surprise, surprise! There was quite a few of them there but none could speak English. Anyhow, they finally understood what I was looking for & were helpful enough to show me the way. & one even came out of the pub to show me the direction! So, one person does make all the difference in this world! Demi, remember this!!!

A tour at Tours

by GUYON

Tours is an ancient city on the banks of Loire, near the famous castles.

It still has several half-timbered houses, some built at the end of the Middle-Age.

We spent two entire Summer vacations in Tours to enjoy the sweet weather of the area.

For the climate, France is divided by two : the North and the South. The line crosses Tours and follows the Loire route.

Comments