Hotel Escurial Tours

Satisfaction Poor

More about Tours

Hotel de Biencourt in Azay-le-RideauHotel de Biencourt in Azay-le-Rideau

The Loire riverThe Loire river

Park and fountainPark and fountain

Some of the lovely stained glassSome of the lovely stained glass

Sleeping in a Chateau de la Bourdaisière

Hi,

We would like spending one night in the Hotel Château de la Bourdaisière.
What you think about this? Is Interesting to do this?
We have read in the hotel´s site, that some rooms have no toilet inside, is that true?
Do someone knows about this?
Tks.
Ney

by leics

The room information on the website makes it clear that some rooms do not have en-suite toilets:

I cannot imagine this would not be true: presumably, as it is an old building, they have plumbing issues.

If you really want to stay in a chateau, and can afford to do so, then this one seems very pleasant.

by Beausoleil

"La Bourdaisière met à votre disposition 11 chambres et 3 appartements dans le château et 6 chambres dans le Pavillon Choiseul. Toutes les chambres disposent de salles de bain avec douche et/ou baignoire et téléphone. Une télévision peut être mise à disposition sur demande. Pour votre facilité il y a un ascenseur dans le château."

This is the French web site for the hotel and states all rooms have bathrooms. It looks like a lovely place to spend a night. The toilets may be separate from the bathing area but you will have private facilities.

It is pretty rare these days to have the bathroom down the hall. We've done it in the countryside and it has not been a problem so don't let that stop you from a great experience . . . although here, it should not be a problem.

by Beausoleil

A further thought . . . When you book, request a room with a private bathroom and toilet. That will take care of the problem.

Just a suggestion.

by neycamargo

Thank you "Leics".I thought the same way about old buildings...

by neycamargo

Thank you Beausoleil, I agree with you, your thinking is correct. I´ll booking the reservation asking for a room with the toilet inside, if they have available, the problem is solved.
It´s help me a lot.
Tks... By

Have a lovely trip.

Travel Tips for Tours

THIS IS NOT A DREAM

by lmkluque

My friend didn't have a place to live in at the time of my visit so he borrowed a friend's flat--his friend only used the flat on weekends.

The thought of staying at a stranger's home while they were away was a bit unnerving. The decor was "early hippie"--by American standards and I loved it.

The view out the window was of an identical window to the one I stood at. As I looked out, I marveled at the fact that I was in France, in this typical French flat, looking out a window as I have only seen in movies and I marveled at the fact that if the truck parked across the street were not half way on the sidewalk, another car could not pass by! So, to remember the moment I snapped this photo.

I wish for you many such moments.

Chateau of Chambord (Room photos)

by June.b

The mandarin red colours of the rooms are simply regal. All the old paintings, chandelier, the sturdy antique bed and furnishings. I wonder how many members of a royal family and illustrious personalities have consummated their - what did I say? - there.

The city of Loches

by Pierre_Rouss

The city of Loches.
Nice mediaval city. Visit the funny church with square shaped towers.
One of numerous place where Jeanne d'Arc have stopped in her life (it's funny how everybody in France wants to tell you somebody famous stepped or slept here and there).
Classification: Photography , Site Seeing

Tours

by FinElina

I went to Tours, France in May 2005 to an international choir competition. I found the city very interesting and lively although it's a quite small city. Anyway, there were quite many shops, bars and restaurants. I also enjoyed walking through the flea markets in the streets.

Comments