Les Molieres Tours

Chateau de ChambordChateau de Chambord

MuseumsMuseums

Train From Tours To Chenonceaux

by wcbert

I have just read on Frommer's website that there is a train from Tours to the Chateau Chenonceaux. Does anyone know were I locate a train schedule for this train.

Thanks
Bill

Re: Train From Tours To Chenonceaux

by Poison

Hi!
Try the address www.sncf.com

Re: Train From Tours To Chenonceaux

by JahShaka

And if this website happens to be off (as it way too often does), you can still ask for info at any station or sncf shops. If you are lucky enough, they'll speak English... ;)
One love

Re: Re: Train From Tours To Chenonceaux

by wcbert

Follow-up - I visited the Montparnasse Train Station's information area a day before I was planning to go. They were very help and mention that if I wanted to go on the weekend I would have to make my reservations a day in advance. But if I went a weekend day I could buy my tickets a hour before my train departed. So I put off the trip on the weekend as planned and decided to go on Monday. That early Monday morning I went to purchase my ticket from a clerk but the clerk hardly spoken any English. Lucky I had pick up a brochure of Chenonceaux from the tourist office. I showed the clerk brochure, he smiled and nodded his head, we connected to were I want to go. Had a great time at the Chenonceaux and had time to visit the chateau at Blois. Because I had such a great time, my next trip to France I will visiting the Loire Valley. Also the ticket office at Chenonceaux is a ticket machine, some how it did not like my Amex card and only would take Visa. I was very lucky that I had enough change in my pocket to buy a return ticket to Tours.

Bill

Travel Tips for Tours

Cathedrale St-Gatien

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

The cathedral was under construction during several centuries. In the XVI century the western facade and two towers in height of 70 meters were completed.

The nave was constructed in the XV century. Having entered into a cathedral, the visitor moves ahead in depth of centuries. Stained-glass windows are kept in an interior.

Tour Charlemagne

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

The medieval district of the old town is well restored. Small Place Plumereau is surrounded by ensemble of fahverque houses of the XV century.

Walking through labyrinthes of narrow streets gives a really great pleasure. The fahverque house Tour Charlemagne is the most remarkable in the city centre.

Tours, FR

by dromosapien

"dromosapien"

Tour de Guise

- a remnant of the old city walls. For two years and until a daring escape in 1591, the tower was a prison for the son of the Duke of Guise.

constructed: 13th century

Tours

population: 137,000

"Tour Charlemagne"

- once part of Saint-Martin Collegiate Church, the tower is the burial site of Charlemagne’ s third wife, Hildegard of Vinzgouw (758-83),

constructed: 13th century, restored 1928 after its collapse

"Tour de l’Horloge"

- clock tower of the old St Martin Collegiate Church complex that was constructed 471 and mostly razed in 1802

constructed: 11th-13th centuries

An afternoon walk in Tours

by TravelerM

I spent a Sunday afternoon walking on this quiet town. The weather wasn't very nice. Occassionally there were light showers. Almost all the businesses were shut and only a couple of travelers were hanging about. The grayness with chills made me feel a bit isolated and lonely. Somehow, the bits of sorrow achoes me being a loner...

I spotted a nice car on the main road.

Comments