Mercure Tours Centre

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Tours

Hotel de Biencourt in Azay-le-RideauHotel de Biencourt in Azay-le-Rideau

Chez GerardChez Gerard

Guardhouse & Catherine's garden, ChenonceauGuardhouse & Catherine's garden, Chenonceau

Pipe organ, Tours CathedralPipe organ, Tours Cathedral

Chateaux de Jallenges

by ozzymick

My wife and I will be going to Europe for 3 weeks or so next September and driving from Switzerland to Paris via Tours.

We were hoping to spend two nights in Tours and stay at a castle or chateaux. I found the Chateaux de Jallanges on my internet search but would be interested in any comments from those who may know that chateaux or can recommend an alternative in the area.

Re: Chateaux de Jallenges

by von.otter

While on a motoring holiday in the Loire Valley in 2008 we stopped at Cheateau des Ormeaux (www.chateaudesormeaux.fr). It is an easy drive from Tours, and from all the cheateaux of the Valley.

This charming B&B is tops; its owners, Dominique and Emmanuel, are friendly, outgoing fellows. The atmosphere of the place is relaxed and casual.

See my review of this B&B here on VT, as well as on TripAdvisor.

Re: Chateaux de Jallenges

by Beausoleil

We usually rent a gite in the area or stay at our favorite hotel in Azay-le-Rideau. I looked at your chateau web site and it looks lovely. If you check reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com you will see that it gets excellent reviews. The location is excellent.

Enjoy your trip.

Travel Tips for Tours

visit the WAX MUSEUM. It...

by GUYON

visit the WAX MUSEUM. It shows the contribution of Tours and its area to the France History. The Charles 7th 's nickname is 'Le Bien Servi' (The Well Served)because he owes Joan of Arc his crown and Agn├Ęs Sorel the love. He was ugly and not cunning but he was lucky.

See the Castle at Saumur

by lmkluque

I arrived at the train station in Tours and was met by Thierry. His plan was to take me to visit his childhood home in Noyant and along the way, he took me for a drive of the area around the Vallee du Loir. First we stopped at the castle in Saumur.

The landscape on the route he took was beautiful and the Saumur Castle was the first I had ever seen in person! Many books that I have read came to life in my mind as we walked around the castle. The view was spectacular from it's hilltop location.

Hollywood ;-)

by Sharrie

You ever watch those horror movies filmed in the Cathedral or modelled after one? It's truly not a good idea. I once saw a horror movie when I was very young & the director actually used snoring sounds as part of the sound effect. Till this day, whenever I heard something similar, it still gives me the creeps! It's the most negative conditioning ever!

If at all possible, never never take your kids to watch horror movies! Trust me, it's not a good idea!

Buskers Paradise

by Kennymac

"Adventures in the Loire Valley"

So it was here that the French got their first taste of my musical talents,and boy did we have fun together busking in the square during the day then playing the local bars at night,i was making so much money playing here that instead of staying for the one week as i had intended, i ended up staying in nearby Vouvray for 3 MONTHS,that is a good a recomendation as any place needs.

The people of Tours are just so friendly and welcoming,with in a week i was being invited to partys staying out all night,

Comments