Avenue Jean Zuccarelli, Bastia, Corsica, 20000, France

Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• piosku67's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

The hotel was comfortable for a reasonable price.

Unique Quality: Good breakfast, spacious silent rooms. I had windows from backyard, but it was OK. I could even switch off the air-condition and sleep with the window ajar ( In July).

Directions: Above the railway station, at the second roundabout

More about Best Western Corsica Hotel Bastia Centre

Budget Hotel Bastia

by alectrevor about Hotel Univers

The Hotel Univers is the second hotel in Ave Mar, Sebastiani from the railway station, i past the first hotel knowing that Univers was cheaper[ I dont believe in spending money unnessary] The tarriff was 45 euros plus 5 euro for breakfast [ low season ] . The hotel was comfortable and clean with facilities and tv. I stayed 2 nights and was very pleased.

Our Trip to Bastia, Corsica Island

by qqnatalia

"Bastia City"

Nice-Corsica.
My husband and I took a plane (Corsican Air or CCM) from Nice Aiport to Bastia. The journey took about 55 minutes. We paid 238 euro for two people. The plane was good, the service was good, no delayed. I gave my review as excellent for this airplane.

Bastia City.
We arrived in Bastia (which is not Bastia City) in the day time. It is easy to go to Bastia City from the airport, either taxi or bus. Taxi ofcourse is expensive. Bus stop is just in front of the exit door of the airport. The price of the bus 4 euro/person, the driving took about 20 minutes.

Hotel Central, Bastia.
Then, we arrived at Bastia City. From the bus stop, we walked to the Hotel which was Hotel Central (http://www.centralhotel.fr/). The accomodation here costs 50 euro/room/night, breakfast is not included. But there is a little restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast. The Hotel was really central, right in the middle of the city. I like the hotel because it is just around the shops and restaurants, good walking distance to anywhere in the city, perfect! since we did not stay long in the city. But, my husband had a problem with sleeping. He could almost hear every car who passed the hotel, especially those with horn. Oh Bastia people love to use horn. It was so contradict to where we come from, Norway, where horn is not allowed to use on the street. But again, I could sleep well there in the hotel.

"Bastia in a day"

Bastia City is not that big, we could actually see almost everything in just one day by foot. Well, if it started in the morning and ended in late afternoon. First, we started at The Saint-Nicolas Square, as the heart of the city, then to Citadel (the old city). We saw so many beautiful buildings there (churches with beautiful gold decorating , museum and ofcourse so many cafe). We tried every alleys we passed to discover what it was, what was happening in the end, very interesting. At the end of the day we walked to another direction 'Port Toga' to see the beaches there

"February in Bastia"

Please note that all the price i mentioned above were in february 2006. According to the people here, it was not high season at all, of course the city was cold and windy. brrr.....so cold. We did not have the chance to swim or even sunbathing there. Well, next time we go to Corsica, it should be in the summer i think, so we could have got the sun and the warm.
But anyway, we had a great time there. We ate so much there (especially pasta! We came to this Restaurant Pub concorde and had pasta and pizza everyday). And above all, being in corsica, we must not forget to try the corsican Wine.. oh yumm yumm yummm.

Comments