Rue Des Archives, Creteil, France, 94000, FR

Satisfaction Terrible

Travel Tips for Créteil

skateboarding

by chess_machine

This post is an informative post.

To all skateboarders:
- Créteil is one of the best spots in France, like in Evry

Ah, I forget one point. I know *** about skateboard. I have just read in a extreme sports magazine a great skateboarder was training here, so I guess it is a good place.

Anyway, if you find good spots, you can send me a mail and tell me where they are. Would be nice to watch some. a board
4 wheels

Sovietic style

by chess_machine

Brothers and sisters, let's face it: Créteil is ugly.

Still, it is where I work, so I will speak about it with respect, care and dedication. And I promise I do not work for the Créteil's tourism office. Otherwise, I would not have said it was ugly, but "interesting".

So, what to know about Créteil?

In a few sentences

1/ Créteil is a new city from the 60s (well, around the 60s havent checked in the dictionnary). Thus, a period when in France, some architects and urbanists dedicated all their energy to building the most ugliest buildings the world could imagine. And I must admit they got it quite right... Wonder if they have not spied some lectures from Soviets masters of architecture. Anyway, Créteil is a masterpiece of big block buildings with no soul, no interest. A concrete city. As you will find many around Paris.

2/ That is all you need to know about the architecture.

Well, for urban fanatics like me, it still has some character. You can make good pictures of the buildings (among them the Palais de Justice, my favorite) and show them to your friends you will say: "well, I thought Paris was different"...

Come on, I have been hard with Créteil. I forget two points for the defense of the city:
- it is one of the best place for skateboarding in France
- I have not visited the historical city center, which may be cute...

Comments