Route du Havre, Etretat, Haute-Normandie, 76790, France

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Dormy House Etretat

A pleasant experience

by aemilys about Hotel de la Poste

I'm not actually there yet but I've called twice. Once to reserve and once to tell them that I would be arriving late and they were very polite and friendly on the phone.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Well, now I'm back in Paris and I do not want to go to work tomorrow...so, how to rate a hotel:

Did I sleep well...yes very, the staff were friendly, the location is good and convenient to everything,and it was clean, I had a wonderful weekend here. If you are going to be spending a lot of time in your room it is perhaps not the place for you. I just needed a bed to sleep in and a shower in a convenient location so for me it was ideal. Please remember that Etretat is a choice tourist destination and you are paying Paris prices (it's worth it believe me). So although the room was small and not at all "luxe" (no cable TV here) I felt that I got a good deal for my money. I got a double room for 45 euros per night.

Pets are accepted for a 2 euro charge per night.

They have a breakfast buffet for 7 euros which is good if you eat a lot. The buffet included eggs, sliced ham, croissants, bread, butter, jam, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cereals. If you don't eat a lot for breakfast the restaurant across the street "The New Windsor" does one for 5.50 euros.

by royalempress

"Etretat a beach resort"

On a day trip from Honfleur we drove to Etretat hoping for a nice ocean side village. Once we arrived at the town we found it impossible to find parking. It was such a small town and we were shocked that the town was crammed with people. We circled through the town for 1/2 hour and never found a parking spot. The few streets were jammed with tourist carrying beach towels and heading for the beach.

Too many people for us, so we left..

by ranger49

"A bit of history"

Etretat - where during the 1914-18 war a British and then an American Hospital were established.
Where -forever rest 549 Britsh Soldiers of the first Great War.
Where - on September 2nd. 1944 the Men of the 51st Highland Division attached to General Eisenhower's Armies arrived as Liberators
and Where in 1945 The American Camp Pall Mall was situated.
Etretat - expresses to Great Britain and to the USA its Gratitude and Friendship - September 1946.

These words appear on the right-hand side of the Memorial Plaque above the entrance to the ancient Market Place in the old part of Etretat - the French words are on the left.
Whe I first visited the Market Hall was empty, used only for weekly markets and it was possible to wander around inside and admire the massive beams of the balcony and the roof. On one occasion, the only October visitors to be seen there, we took shelter from sudden torrental rain.

Now the ground floor is full of gift shops.

by Flying.Scotsman

"Small town on the coast"

Etretat is a beautiful small town by the sea. It has a number of places to eat and plenty for tourists, but also has regular shops and a small marketplace. There are spectacular views from the cliffs and amazing formations of rock.

"Cliffs and "elephant" rocks"

"Cliffs and "elephant" rocks"

"The market hall"

"Town centre"

"Town centre"

"The beach"

"The beach"

Cosy Etretat

by Oana_bic

"The most beautiful sunset 'Normand'"

The most fascinating thing about Etretat are the rock formations of the cliffs. The two cliffs are Falaise d'Amont or Upper Cliff, and Falaise d'Aval or Lower Cliff. To the south of Falaise d'Aval is the impressive Manneporte rock arch and the Aiguille, or Needle, a full seventy metres high.

Etretat is such an inspiring spot, here we go, list of painters & writers:
- COROT, the renowned landscape painter
- Eugene BOUDIN, the head of the impressionist school, who painted "La Falaise d'Amont" the Etretat shoreline in fog, and washerwomen at the foot of the Aval cliff.
- Claude MONET - so many paintings here: the view from the harbour and an extraordinary
"Aiguille, View from the Top of the Cliff".
- Gustave COURBET, head of the realistic School, known for another "The wave"
- C. Inness (American impressionist)
- Signac
- Matisse....
- Victor HUGO
- Alexandre DUMAS (he lived in the villa "Les Lierres")
- Andre GIDE (he married in the Protestant temple)
- Samuel BECKETT
- Guy de MAUPASSANT (who lived, in his youth, at the villa "Les Verguies," then built the villa "La Guillette".

"The rocky beach"

U should check with the Tourism Office 'l'horaire des marées' before strolling on the beach..

"Friendly village & Notre Dame"

Le Havre to Etretat

by pezb

Where do the buses leave from for Etretat?
How often do the buses run and how much they cost?

I am looking to travel on Monday and having a very hard time trying to find any information on bus services to and from Etretat

RE: Le Havre to Etretat

by raphaellecrevet

I have tried the adress www.les-bus-verts-14.fr i think and could not find any bus from Le Havre to Etretat...Les bus verts is the bus company from city to city in Calvados department. Good luck...

RE: Le Havre to Etretat

by aemilys

I'm just back from Etretat. You take "Les Auto Cars Gris". The buses leave from the train station and it cost 3.70 euros. All the info is on my Etretat page under transportation. It takes an hour to get there and the route is beautiful.

How to go to Etretat from Paris

by voxz

Bonjour all!
I will be visiting France in June and I intend to visit Etretat.
As this is my first time to France & Europe, I am not too sure how to go to Etretat.
Could anyone assist me?
Thank you!

voxz

Re: How to go to Etretat from Paris

by JLBG

Etretat is one among the very few cities in France that have no train station ! The best way to go to Etretat is to rent a car. If your budget does not allow, look at :

They give you the way to get there by bus or train + bus.

Look also http://www.etretat.net/
They give at lot of other information (nothing to get there)

Re: How to go to Etretat from Paris

by P&J

try www.mappy.fr enter both city name and it will give you the exact direction (very useful, I used this site a lot and it's really really accurate!)

How to go to Etretat from fontainebleau??

by nitin.muddana

Hi, myself and 8 other friends live at fontainebleau, france. I need to know the process we need to undergo to get to etretat from fontainebleau. I mean the best mode of transpotation rite from fontainebleau.We are planning a trip this weekend ie 15th of july.Please let us know asap. tanx in advance

Comments