5 Rue de la Dime, Giverny, 27620, France

• kathymof's Profile Photo

Nice B&B in Giverny

Great hostess who is fluent in English. Very nice room with large bathroom and nice view of garden. Nice seating area in room. Good location in Giverny - away from crowds but within easy walking distance of everything.

Unique Quality: Beautiful garden - isn't that what you went to Giverny to see? Wonderful hostess.

Directions: on WNW side of town

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Stumbled across a great find

I got into Giverny around 6 pm and drove up and down the tiny streets looking for a B&B. this one looked very promising so I drove up the drive. The lady of the house, Danielle, greeted me very warmly and told me she did have an available room. She showed me the "Waterlilies room" (see website) and I was charmed!

She is such a nice person, I mentioned that I needed to find a laundromat and she offered to do my laundry for me!

I strolled around town - it was too late for anything to be open, and, as it was Bonne Fete Maman (Sunday) the next day was Monday - the Gardens are closed.

The grounds are really lovely, with flowers everywhere, and when I returned from my stroll I sat in one of the chaise lounges in the backyard and shared a bottle of wine with an Australian couple and their daughter (well, she didn't drink it - she was 13 maybe) and just relaxed. What a nice evening.

Please consider staying here when you visit Giverny.

Comments