132, rue de Paris, Le Havre, 76600, France

Gardens, Hôtel de Ville, Le HavreGardens, Hôtel de Ville, Le Havre

Le Grand Volcan arts centreLe Grand Volcan arts centre

L’église Saint-JosephL’église Saint-Joseph

BoatsBoats

can we get a taxi from the cruise port to sightsee in honfleur?

by fuzzyfl

we will be in le havre in may and would like to know if there are taxis at the cruise port that will take us on a sightseeing trip to honfleur, and what they might charge?
is there anywhere we can walk from the port to sightsee? any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

by wise23girl

We arrive in LeHavre on QM2 and are going to Honfluer on way to next stop Bayeux in a private transport vehicle.
I am sure you will find a taxi at the port from what I have read, possibly in great demand. I did have a taxi address but am on QM2 now and it would take a bit of finding as all is slow.
I am sure more help will come on forum but if not reply and next time I will sort out the email contact.

by AnnemarieC

This may or may not help but....back in 2003 I took a taxi from Le Havre train station to Hon Fleur and it cost 53 euros (that included the toll that had to be paid to go over the Pont de Normandie bridge). Obviously, it will cost even more now so it's not cheap journey. On the plus side though, Hon Fleur is beautiful and well worth a visit.

by fuzzyfl

thank you for taking the time to reply. i'm sure others will reply as well.

by fuzzyfl

thank you. this was the information i was looking for.

by fuzzyfl

thank you. this was the information i was looking for.

Travel Tips for Le Havre

Driving Culture

by Ricky_globetrotter

I was truely amazed by how each and every driver actually came to a full stop to let the pedestrians cross the streets!! Even after asking them to move on, they insisted on me crossing first. And as I said, this didn't happen with just one or two drivers but with each and everyone. Really liked this thing.

Le Havre UNESCO World Heritage Site

by aemilys

"Lots of modern architecture"

Le Havre was almost totally destroyed during WWII but thanks to a major rebuilding plan it has recently been declared a world heritage site by UNESCO. To quote from the site:

"The post-war reconstruction plan of Le Havre is an outstanding example and a landmark of the integration of urban planning traditions and a pioneer implementation of modern developments in architecture, technology, and town planning.

Le Havre is an outstanding post-war example of urban planning and architecture based on the unity of methodology and system of prefabrication, the systematic use of a modular grid and the innovative exploitation of the potential of concrete."

I would also like to nominate Le Havre for having one of the world's finest top notch tourist offices! Professional, friendly and English speaking. They have tons of information available so you must stop by if you plan to visit.

"Facts and figures"

When searching for the location to make this page in the VT location finder, I came across two Le Havres, one in Haute Normandie in the Seine Maritime (76) and one in Basse Normandie. Just to clarify things the Le Havre described on this page is the major port city of France and is located in the Seine Maritime in Haute Normandie.

As I only spent 4 hours here on my way to Etretat, I will have to go back.

Look for an update and my eloge to modern architecture after the weekend of 9-12 December.

"And then disaster struck"

Well, I did go back and at the end of an excellent weekend in this amazing city my photo card died!! All my photos of the container ships coming into port, the world's neatest barber shop, the fish at the market that looked just like my Francois...all of it is gone.

I guess this will just have to be a no photo travelogue, I'll try to describe things as best I can...and perhaps I'll just have to go back again...

In the meantime I'm starting a list of some interesting links to Le Havre with good info in English, so in no particular order:

Brian Daugherty

Ivan Sache

and if these guys are not yet on VT, they should be!

Comments