Le Foch

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Rouen

Other view from the niew sideOther view from the niew side

Rouen, France Sept 2009Rouen, France Sept 2009

Chateau VascoeuilChateau Vascoeuil

Another Passion Scene. (Which?) 13CAnother Passion Scene. (Which?) 13C

Accomodation

by palak26

Hi

I am applying to Esc rouen Business school for october 2009 intake.
I would be grateful if u can help me with accommodation as i have absolutely no idea where to stay.
can u also let me know how rouen is as a place ? and are part time jobs easy to find ?

palak.

by palak26

thank you so much.

I am just waiting for my confirmation letter so that i can start working on my accommodation.

As far as what i have seen of rouen it looks beautiful.

The silent sparkling Gothic historic place.

very different from where i stay in INDIA.

Can u please also give me some points to keep in mind before coming to rouen ?

by Vino008

Hello Mr.Pedmer. Hi. I am Vinodh. Me too from India and got admission for an MBA in ESC Rouen.The informations provided from your end are very useful and thanks for the same.To be specific about my question.Can you please tell me about the reputation of ESC Rouen in France and the a graduates from the school.Eagerly waiting for your reply.By the way are you from Rouen or from Paris

by Vino008

Thank you for your time and reply.The information was very useful.I will be starting my program by 1st November 09. If possible i will meet you sir in rouen if you pass by.

by Vino008

Thank You sir for your wishes.Can I have your email id or itzmycorner@gmail.com is my email-id. Can you please send me a test mail.

Hello sir,
Sorry for the late reply.
How r u. I have reached rouen and started my studies. Everything is fine for me.Also visted Paris and the places near it.Very beautiful it was. Advance Merry Chirstmas wishes.

Regards,
Vinodh

Travel Tips for Rouen

Église Saint Maclou, top of the central portal

by JLBG

On top of the central portal of the Église Saint Maclou, a carving shows Jesus Christ in majesty, amidst the twelve disciples featuring the Last Supper. On the two lines underneath are featured scenes of the life of Jesus Christ .

Close-up on the red and white house

by JLBG

At the turn of the 19th century, it looked fashionable to add fancy small towers that had no real purpose. That was only to make it beautiful and give a “Renaissance” look. At least, that was what they thought !

Modern behind an ancient doorway

by JLBG

Actually, even in the modern building itself shown on the previous picture, there is a blend of modern and ancient or better a pinch of ancient among the modern : an ancient building has been destroyed in 1944 but its doorway has been rebuilt to be the entrance into the brand new buildings.

City hall, where the monchs used to roam around

by Pavlik_NL

Rouen cityhall is immediately next to Saint Ouen church and situated in the old conventory buildings of the Saint Ouen abbey. The grandeur of the buildings looks impressive and the many flags that are present inside and on the building show a strange patriotism, as Normandy for several centuries was English and it was in Rouen that the French hero Jeanne d'Arc ended on the burning staple. Maybe they are trying to make it up? (-:
On the square in front of the city hall (Hotel de Ville) stands a statue of Napoleon Bonaparte, traditionally on top of a horse, but strange enough without his so typical head. Someone told me that in this the statue is unique and Napoleon was very not amused with this statue.

Restaurant Perle d'Asie

by arv1 about ETHNIC

The food a combination of chinese, vietnamese and thai. We ordered about 7 dishes between the 5 of us, and everything was absolutely delicious!! It is most definately the best chinese food i have had, and i have been to many far east countries!!

The decor and the atmosphere was great, as were the staff! There were indoor fountains, statues of Buddah and many other traditional chinese decorations. People were very lively here, and I loved the whole experience, it was very cosy!

Located near the Seine, it can also be seen as romantic...just great!!

You may need to book in advance My favourite dish was the vegetarian egg fried rice platter, which was absolutely gorgeous!! So lovely that i wished I could have brought some back to England with me!!

Comments