Allee de L'Orme Rond, 77700 Bailly-Romainvilliers, France
Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France
Hotels.com Booking.com Marriott.com

Costs 175% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Marriott Village d'Ile-de-France

get's better each time we come

by TripAdvisor Member khesh

can honestly say this place gets better each time we come. for a fmaily of 6 it is much better value than you realise. lazy mornings, sun streaming thru the windows, birds twittering and the smell of fresh country air coming thru the windows - no farm house odours though.

all of the positive reviews hold true and the bad one is surreally bad that it is either a one off or the person who wrote it is hyper sensitive.

the shop is over priced, but there are nearby supermarche that are very reasonable.

the best thing which is worth it's weight in gold is to go to the shop just after 8am - the baguetes and croissants have just come out of the oven and you take them home with some butter. you have to steal yourself not to eat them before you get back, but then you have the pleasure of watching the children wolf down the hot bread with butter.

ah! salad days!

Don't hesitate, go, you will not regret it.

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member Trev01

Not much I can add to the reviews because it has all been said before.

First impression when entering is you are visiting a show house. The accommodation is nicely designed and furnished, layouts of the streets are beautifully executed.

Just about everything has been considered, washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker, hob, dishwasher, microwave laid on in each unit. By the look of the photographs the accommodation layouts are pretty well identical inside, with the use of handing, colour schemes, window shapes, render, roof pitch and tiling to provide variations in outside appearance.

The hard and soft landscaping is superb, use of mature shrubs and trees throughout.

The only things we found wrong with the place were (and I'm being picky here):-

Pool area:-
The outdoor swimming pool isn't heated and is very cold
The indoor pool by contrast is very hot
Clock face to the reception building had fallen off

Timeshare sales suite:-
Fascias broken and birds nesting in the holes
Looked like timber window frames had rotted

Inside the house:-
Lack of acoustic insulation between houses; next door conversations overheard, noisy children, foot traffic on hard wooden staircases, chairs dragged across hard floors etc. all going on into the early hours
A lot of nasty looking black mould to the grout in the shower
Shower tray leaked due to poor sealant
Curtain tiebacks not adequately fixed and had come away from the dry lined walls
Inconsistent use of wood finishes; e.g. mahogany, dark pine, light pine, antique pine, cherry & oak all in one room.

Outside the house:-
A few houses had lost some of their roof tiles (bad workmanship)

Generally:-
I don't think I would want to take up a timeshare here as the specification is such that it won't last without high maintenance (wooden windows and doors, coloured render, dry lined walls and a lot of landscaping and flower beds)

Overall though the stay was pleasant and the accommodation perfect for short stays. The shuttle bus was always on time and useful for visits to EuroDisney and Paris (Paris is 40 mins by RER).

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member MarriottOwner

Highly recommended resort. Stayed for one week in September (out of school holidays) and it was fantastic! Had the outdoor pool to pretty much to ourselves for the whole week. Beautiful weather and wonderful accommodation. Only fault was that there is no restaurant on site and the small bar in reception was dull but hey ho, we still had a good time. The accommodation was wonderful - the normal high standard you'd expect from MVCI (although not stayed here before we are Marriott vacation club owners). Regular shuttle bus from the resort to Disneyland/train station. Both Disney Parks and Disney village easy walking distance of each other. Huge supermarket 10 mins walk from the resort in Bailly-Romanvilliers or of course there's the Marketplace on resort selling everything you need to get by including fresh coffee, bagettes and croissants!

Disappointing experience

by TripAdvisor Member kobri

We have spent 4 nights in Resort, and it was rather disapponting. We know the Mallorca Marriott Resort as well as one near Malaga. The both are much more better than Ile-de-France. First of all, the rooms are not in a very good condition, which is very strange since the resort is pretty new, and not finished yet.I suppose, as soon as they finish the construction, they can start with renovation. The rooms are smelly ( mould), especially bathrooms. You can air as long you like, you can't get rid of the smell. The kitchen is pretty small, the bathrooms too. OK, you find everything you can need in the villa. But the whole impression is somehow not cosy. I'll never give the resort 5 stars. The towels they have in a bathroom are not worth the 3 stars hotel: they are grey, not white, and also smelly, chlorine this time. You get only soap and shampoo as toilet items.

We didn't experience the pools, because I was upset enough with the bathroms in a villa. The resort don't have any restaurant or cafe, only a shop, which is pretty expensive, and doesn't really offer everything you need( they didn't have a toothbrush, for example, either had a resort hauskeeping, so we had to go to Paris, which is 45 km, to get a toothbrush). I don't know why do they call themselves a resort. The only have 2 pools and some massage rooms, where the masseurs from the village come, if you call for the appointment. The price for the treatment is so high, that it is cheaper to go to Paris and book an appointment there. I don't know, perhaps it will be better, when they have finished the cinstruction.

We went one day to Paris by car, which was pretty good, we had no traffic jams inspite that was saturday, and it took about 30 minutes to get to Haussman Bd. The Parking for the whole day was 22 EUR.
The location is also very good, if you want to go to Champagne region. It is about 100 km, but if you use Motorway, it goes very quickly.

The shopping centre Val d'Europe was only 5 minutes drive and pretty good. Some reviewers here have written, it was very expensive. Well, my feeling was, that the pricing was rather fair. I recommend to go there, if you have nothing to do on Sunday, cause they are open Sunday the whole day.

So, the general impression: I'll never buy a membership in Ile de France, cause, as already told, it is by no means a 5 star resort, besides, you have nothing to do there. Of course, if you have kids, you can go to Disney parks, but that's all. It only makes sense, if you have a very cheap offer and want to go to Paris or chanpagne region.

Perfect with kids

by TripAdvisor Member masewell

Stayed with small kids over a three day weekend to do the Disneyland Paris thing. We booked one of the villas which slept six. More than enough room for the five of us. I wouldn't go as far to say as the accomodations were luxurious yet for the price we paid (180 $) they were tremendous. With two bedrooms, a pull-out couch and a fully accessorized kitchen with three TV/DVDs there was more than we could've asked for.
The small town nearby had a nice boulangerie (great pain au chocolat and croissants) and supermarket (tremendous wine /cheese selection) . I'd recommend doing any shopping there instead of the little place at the Resort Center. Val D'Europe - a gargantuan outlet mall is nearby. The people-watching is tremendous. There are also many stores (including a Starbucks)

Paris is about 35 mins on the train from the local train station - so if you're planning on being in Paris this is not your place - but for Disneyland it is a great option.

ideal for Disney visit and family trip

by TripAdvisor Member Vincent_Belgium

Stayed here for the 2nd time this year with our daughter to have a look at halloween in Disney. This time we also had some trips to Paris (45 min drive to downtown) and some towns in the area (quite nice, very typical and no more tourists).

The resort is very well located for trips to the parks but also Paris is only 45 min by RER or car (we went by car and found the traffic to be OK ; similar to other major cities, but manageable)

Some previous comments mention the mould in the bathrooms, which wss also noticeable in our villa. This time housekeeping was not what it should be. Apart from this, you get excellent value : the rooms are huge, the pool is very nice and warm, it is quiet which is a real plus after a day of Disney. Parking is free and safe, the supermarket is indeed expensive but there is a huge supermarket (Auchan) in the Val d'Europe mall which has everything at very reasonable prices. They even have a traiteur service that provides everything from sushi to French cuisine (ideal for warming up in your own villa).

This time we had a special promotion at 160 Euro, which is hard to beat for the space and comfort you get.

If you are looking for a true resort this is not the place, but if you want a family friendly retreat with a home-from-home feel to it, this place is hard to beat in the area.

Would surely go there again if we would visit this region again.

Very nice place!!

by TripAdvisor Member Furhank

We were primarily interested in visiting Paris. We brought another couple and stayed in a very adequately furnished 2-bedroom villa. The resort was very nicely appointed with everything you might need in terms of comfort and facilities. A small town nearby was within easy walking range with several small/affordable restaurants and a grocery store. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bus service was pretty good to the train station although we did need to use a cab a few times which was about 12 Euros.
It was a rather lengthy trip into Paris, about an hour each way, but not too bad and it was really nice getting back to the resort each night where the atmosphere was very rural and relaxing after the hustle/bustle of Paris. I'm sure for a family that is there primarily to visit Disneyland, this would be an excellent choice for lodging.

Peace and Quiet

by TripAdvisor Member tmw50

My wife and I along with our 16 year old granddadughter stayed at the resort the week of Thanksgiving, 2006. We found our villa to be very clean and comfortable, and the daily maid service was a surprise for us.
We were there for our first trip overseas and played in Paris, Versailles, Normandy and the champagne country. The staff at the desk was extraordinary, answering our questions and giving great directions, since we did rent a car. We visited the marketplace in the main building but did our grocery shopping in the nearby town. The hot bread in the marketplace was wonderful!
Our granddaughter did go to Disneyland one day with some newly made friends and enjoyed it, although she reported it is smaller than DisneyWorld. We did eat on two nights in the restaurants outside Disneyland and found them to be good.

Our family would definitely recommend this resort to anyone. The train ride to Paris is a little long, but it was really not a problem. Again, the resort staff was very friendly and helpful in anything we asked for.

Not too impressed

by TripAdvisor Member TravelRevolution

My husband and I stayed here for 1 week as the first part of our honeymoon. The reservation was a gift, not our first choice, but we thought it would be nice since we have traveled with family to other Marriott resorts in the past. We were mistaken.
Upon arrival, we were greeted in english, I thought it was strange since we were, afterall, in France. When I spoke French to anyone, they would only speak to me in English - I speak fluent French. That was annoying and frustrating. Although annoying, I will say that the staff I encountered was very helpful and very friendly.
Our unit was in serious need of repair. There were parts of walls falling away, there were strange smells, the washer/dryer unit was broken, the couch looked like someone dragged it in off the street - thank goodness we didn't need anyone to actually use the pull-out bed - it was broken. Also - there were incredibly large spiders living in all the windows - every time we went to air out the room we were greeted with these pests.

We used the market to rent movies and get a few things to eat - fresh pastries in the morning were great - but the coffee was terrible. We never saw anyone working at the bar so we never used it. By the time we were done with our day - the pools were closed, we never got to use them. The hours of the amenities at the resort made us feel like we had to plan our day around the resort, and not ourselves - not what you want to think about on vacation.

And finally, this is way too far outside Paris if that is your ultimate destination. I could see if you were going to Disney with your family that it could be very convenient - but that is about it. If you do not want to rent a car - there is a lot of travel time in buses and trains. I am glad that there is such a great system of public transport - but if you want to go to Paris, expect 1.5 to 2 hours of train riding a day. There is no rolling out of bed and grabbing a great cup of coffee at the place down the street you found to have the best cup of coffee and nice waiters - that's 3 hours off!

When I travel abroad I like to experience the city that I am traveling to - I do not feel like I got to experience Paris while I was staying at this resort. Do not waste your money on this place - stay in a cute hotel in the city (or closer to it) or rent an apartment in the city. We moved to the Hotel St. Germain De Pres after this location (it was fabulous!!!!). Go there instead.

Very, very pleased

by TripAdvisor Member jlo3165

My husband and I along with another married couple stayed here during the week of Thanksgiving 2006. We were very happy with everything. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The condo was very clean and exceeded our expectations. We had a little trouble with the heat the first night because it has two controls: one downstairs and one in the master bedroom. We hadn't realized that so the first night we were cold.

As has been mentioned, the market at the resort was very expensive. The walk to town isn't too far though. The only real downside was, of course, the trip into Paris. However, we expected it and planned accordingly. The shuttle to the train station was convenient and we were able to hop right onto the RER (suburban train into Paris). At night the resort shuttle didn't come as frequently, so we used the city bus. If the windows of the bus hadn't been foggy and it hadn't been night, I think the bus would have been great. However, I really had trouble finding our stop. We didn't go far enough one evening and had to walk and once we went too far and had to walk back. I was just starting to get the hang of it when we had to leave. Overall, we had
an absolutely wonderful experience.

Comments