6, place Etienne Pernet, 15th Arr, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75015, France

Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Waste

O hostel é um lixo, totalmente deteriorado e não devolvem o dinheiro caso vc não aguente ficar lá. O local é fedido, imundo e na parte da manhã, tem uma "OGRA" na recepção, a "moça" é totalmente sem educação.
    Os lençois são pagos a parte e são um lixo!!!!, as portas dos quartos não fecham!!!
    Não recomendo, nota ZERO!
    --------------------
    The hostel is a waste, totally damaged and not repay the money if you I can not stay there. The place is stinky, filthy and in the morning, has an "ogress" at the reception, the "girl" is totally without education.
    The sheets are paid for some and are a waste !!!!, the doors of the rooms do not close!
    I would not recommend, note ZERO!

• NOT WORTH IT

I stayed here with my friend several years ago and was repulsed. The place is dirty and full of American frat boys who are in Paris to get drunk and wake up the next day and do it all over again - in the courtyard, so every room can hear them all night. The rooms were dark and cold. The only thing good about the place is its location on lovely Commerce Street.

• Charolette's Profile Photo

A good intro to European travel

Our stay at 3 ducks hostel was a mix of good and not so good. Great location. Good hostel to stay at if your priority is partying all night or being kept awake all night with partying. A rule of the hostel is that the courtyard that leads to the rooms is closed at a certain hour. The staff did not follow that rule and in fact closed down the bar at some wee time in the morning and told all of the guests they would continue to sell them alcohol to drink in the courtyard. I did learn from this hostel experience that I wanted a two person room with ensuite for the rest of our trip!

• jcwarrior50's Profile Photo

Stay up Late and Make Some Friends

3 Ducks was a great place to stay in Paris. This was my first hostel experience and it is dramatically different from the American Culture which I'm rooted in. The idea of staying in a room with 3 complete strangers was a little strange, but I quickly found out that I had nothing to be wary of and, in this situation, it was completely normal.

The room I stayed in had 2 bunk beds and slept 4. There were bigger rooms with more beds, but I pretty much stayed in a 4 bedder. I, immediately, from the moment I walked through the door I met some people who I tagged along with to see some sights. The hostel was only a stones throw away from the Metro (subway) and there was a grocery store right across the street. I would buy food from the grocery store and cook it up back at the hostel. The food was cheap and the wine cheaper. It was a perfect location.

The night life, however, is very active and if you are interested in meeting some colorful people, drinking to maximum capacity to the wee hours of the morning and then passing out in your bunk bed - the place is perfect. It can, as the moon rises high, get a little loud and, if you want to go to bed early, cause you to lay in your bed, bury your head under the pillow and wish that you paid the extra $80 Euros and got a hotel room. But, if you are part of the party - Who cares?

Unique Quality: Close to the Metro
    Easy to Find
    Grocery Store across the street
    Friendly Service
    You can lock your valuables up behind the bar while you're not there
    There is a bar right there
    Great, colorful travelers
    Wireless Internet for a small fee

Directions: Take the Metro, climb the stairs, turn around and walk straight.

• chuckyducky's Profile Photo

good bar, bad security

Yes it's true, expect someone to go through your luggage. I took everything that I thought was of value, but when I returned from a day trip, both mine and my roommate's cheap umbrellas (3 euro each) were stolen. It stumped me since it was a nice day out and I didn't think they were worth stealing. On the other hand, the bar is nice and the beds were decent for the price. It's an easy walk to the Eiffel tower.

Unique Quality: The bar was nice and the beer cheap.

• SUPERB LOCATION AND COURTYARD

THIS HAS A GOOD GALLIC FEEL AND WAS VERY POPULAR EVEN IN JANUARY.I saw the staff work hard cleaning and at one point inthe day everything was clean so i cant believe these moaning minnies who seem to think its someone elses job to leave the shower/toilet as you would like to find it.We chose hosteling as a budget option and this place was fine.perhaps too many of us north americans start off in Paris and have little hostelling experience before we embark abroad.
    Thought the location to be spot on and really Paris is quite walkable.I'd return and thought the staff were ideally cast as hostel runners ,who are a rare breed of intrepid individuals.Enjoy

Unique Quality: good value for money

• joseanes's Profile Photo

A Dump

Very basic and unclean accomodations - at least on summer 2000. Restroom facilities less than desireable, and worse than similar hostals in the area. Appear to be safe enough if you can't find another hostal.

Unique Quality: We got a continental breakfast of baguette, butter, and jam. Some watered juice and coffee also. Was about the best they could offer.

Directions: M° Commerce

• scarjaxer's Profile Photo

Great Hostel

This was one of my favorite places to stay my entire tour around Europe. Alot of other reviews have this place marked as un-kept and un-clean, but I found it to have the best atmosphere of almost all the places I stayed, It has a bar on site and a courtyard right in the middle of it all, its not a hostel where you sit in your room and read a book about Paris its somewhere you stay if you want to meet people and LIVE paris.

• undergrounder's Profile Photo

Central hostel near Eiffeltower

This was our first stay in a hostel. We found it very friendly and cosy. The staff was great, and spoke english. We was not common with hostel rules, i.e. that your not allowed to access your room during daytime. Service was though great and they sold us great bottles of wine. We had booked an ensuite with private bathroom, but got a private room without wc/bath. We were not pleased at all.

Unique Quality: Nice backyard and internet access.

• Great atmosphere, very cheap hostal in the centre

We stayed in 3 ducks hostel for two nights and even its not at all pretty place, it is great spot to meet young people from all over the worls. Staff is so very much relaxed that you feel very comfortable. There is a little garden you can drink or eat outdoor. Moreover reception is situated behind the bar-pub where all hostel guests sit from early morning till late nite. Hostel is situated nearby Eiffel Tower. It has very nice, relaxed, friendly, helpful, laid back atmospehere where all guest become friends from first sight. Recommend in 100%.

Unique Quality: Prices are from 23 to 27 euro per night per person. You can use internet there, breakfast included, very near to Eiffel Tower, great people and friendly environment.

Directions: Take a line 8 to the station Commerce, you will see a church so it is just on the right from the church.

• surfluvr641's Profile Photo

Not up to par

I was not very impressed with the 3 Ducks Hostel in Paris. For being one of the "best hostels in Europe", it did not even compare to the others I stayed at in Rome, Dublin, and Amsterdam. The staff was not very friendly and the sleeping and showering facilities were among some of the worst I used in my travels. I do not recommend.

• forbesra's Profile Photo

By All Means, Avoid This Filthy Hostel If You Can

Of all of the hostels I have stayed in throughout the years, 3 Ducks Hostel is the filthiest budget lodge I have ever been to. The bar is pretty cool, but the tiny (expensive) room I stayed in could barely fit the two bunkbeds it had jammed in it. Perhaps 3 Ducks Hostel is best experienced sloshed, so you won't notice the grime permanently cemented to the beds and walls. The showers, too, left much to be desired.

Unique Quality: I'll admit. The bar is not bad.

• Cincinnati1313's Profile Photo

A great location

This place has a wonderful location. I'll admit that it is a little dirty but if your that high maintenance then you shouldn't be staying in a hostel. The bar is good and the beds are cozy. Like any other place it's what you make of it.

• amazingclick's Profile Photo

One of Paris's good Hostels

Directions were clear on the site about 3 ducks. Get off at the commerce station (metro). Look for church. Its bang opposite it. It was my first experience in a hostel; but, was good. I arrived at 11 in the morning & since beds only become available after 2 ...I was told to leave my luggage and go in the luggage room. I left it and then went around Paris and returned late in the night. There is a bar down where you can meet everyone and hang out. Its good fun. THey messed up my room on the first night and shifted me down..which was ok. Slept peacefully with 3 other girls in the same room (1 French and 2 from the US). Next morning break fast was on the house (nothing to write home about) & I started again for Paris...alone. Next night they again messed up my room and was shifted to another one. I slept by 11; but, there were some 6 other Americans in the same room who arrived by 2..Puked..Shouted and did what not...I had to be up by 6 to catch a train; so,basically did not get any sleep.

Unique Quality: Its a good place to hang out. Try not to be alone while going there. Everyone travels in groups..atleast of 2...Accomodation and bathrooms are clean. Everyone is American...cast and crew...

Directions: Oppposite the church after you get down from the commerce station

More about 3 Ducks Hostel

3 ducks hostel3 ducks hostel

3 Ducks Hostel3 Ducks Hostel

Travel from Charles De gaulle airport to The 3 ducks Hostel, 6, place Etienne Pernet.75015 Paris., P

by bipinprakash

Hi all,
I think my subject in itself is pretty long. I reach Paris late at night at about 10.00 PM and my place of stay is at the 3 ducks hostel which is in Place Etienne Pernet. I have no idea as to how I could get there that late at night. I would appreciate it a lot if you could tell me how I could get there at that time of the night and where I might be able to get schedules for the train/buses that would take me to my hostel. Thanks in advance.

Bipin

RE: Travel from Charles De gaulle airport to The 3 ducks Hostel, 6, place Etienne Pernet.75015 Paris

by vmarjorie

hi there !
shouldn't be too difficult : upon your arrival at CDG airport take the "Cars Air France" ( about 8 euros) down to Invalides ( there should be people able to tell you all about it, and in English, in the airport). At Invalides, either get on a cab (to your hotel, it shouldn't be more than 6 to 7 euros) or take the purple métro line that should be right there at Invalides (line 8, southbound, that is "direction Balard") down to "Félix Faure" station, which is the closest to your hotel. Hope you'll enjoy beautiful Paris.

Comments