Ampere Hotel Paris

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Ampere Hotel Paris

We Love the Hotel Ampere

Four American women, ranging in age from 47 to 77, stayed together at the wonderful Hotel Ampere. 3 of us had never visited Europe. We were treated with great respect and found the staff to be more than accomodating and kind.

The rooms were very clean. Breakfast offered a great selction each day. We enjoyed visiting the cozy bar for late-night cocktails!

We loved the location in the 17th Arrondissement, with its wide streets and convenient location to the Metro. There are many fine restaurants within a stone's throw of the hotel around the Place Marechal Juin. The neighborhood itself is quiet, refined and relaxing. We felt very safe here.

We would highly recommend the Ampere to any visitors. The conciergerie were helpful and full of information for us and really helped us over the rough spots.

Love this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AngieMS

I stayed at the Hotel Ampere after reading other reviews on this site. The hotel was everything they said. It is off the beaten path from Champs Elyesee. Not walking distance in the winter to the Champs Elysees. However, my room was great. A double bed as promised. My daugher and I had a good size room with a beautiful marble bathroom. The hotel is near the RER and the metro. We took the train everywhere. Many restaurants are near by. The 16 Euro per person for breakfast is a bit much. The staff was very knowledgible. The only negative is they did not have a business center or a computer for us to use. So, I was unable to check emails and had to call the US to speak to my spouse.

I highly recommend this hotel and the price we got was fantastic.

It was between 3* and 4* hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Julia-Hawkins

My husband and I stayed in hotel Ampere for 2 nights. We liked the area it is located in, very close to the metro station (about 2min of walking), but not within a walking distance to the main attractions (we were aware of it). Briekfast was nice and filling, in the restaurant on the ground floor overlooking a small garden (hotel's courtyard ). Room was clean, but not perfectly clean, as I would expect from a 4* hotel. Furnishing in the room was OK, more appropriate for a 3* hotel(not much of a self space!). The biggest shock for me was to find out, that in order to have shower I had to hold a showerhead in my hand, there wasn't anything to attach it to on the wall. And because of that every time we took a shower there was a pool of water on the floor. If you are looking for a romantic place to stay, this is not the place, because rooms have no romantic character to them. The lobby was nice and modern, but that's not where you spend much of your time anyway.
Hotel is not a bad choice,esp if you got for a good price, but next time I wouldn't brobably stay there, if I really want a 4* hotel.

Great neighborhood

by TripAdvisor Member Flaze

The 17th is a wonderful residential neighborhood, filled with shops, open air food markets, cafes, and lovely wide sidewalks. It is within easy walking distance of the Arc de Triumph, and a more lengthy walk to the Printemps dept. store, but the metro is very handy. The Hotel Ampere is a gem among the other hotels in the area. Very modern, clean, comfortable. The staff is very attentive. We left the Latin Qtr with our hair on fire because of the NYC type atmosphere. We were so happy to return to this beautiful, upscale part of Paris where you can feel right at home, safe, and within a 20 minute metro ride to just about anywhere in Paris. The RER station is also right down the street. We will definately go back to the Ampere.

excellent

we have just returned from a long week end in paris and stayed in Hotel Ampere,because of the good reviews, and I would fully agree with them. The Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. the location of hotel was good, in a nice district in area 17, about 20 minutes walk from Arch De Trump and the Champs Elysees. It is also near Port Maillot Bus Depot which is the Ryan Air bus station from Paris Beauvais, costs 5 euro in taxi, or 20 min walk to the Ampere..We got a good breakfast, and the rooms and bathroom were of a high standard. The nearest metro station was 2 min walk across street. We went to the Louvre Museum on Sunday, only got to see 2 of the three buildings and were heading for the 3rd at 5.45 to see the Mona Lisa, only to be told that it closed at 5.30.! We went back to the Louvre on Tuesday to see the Mona Lisa, but were disappointed that they are closed all day on Tuesdays. Dont make the same mistake as us. The restaurant next to the Ampere do a good 4 course dinner with bootle of wine for 33 euro each. Eating on the Champ Elysees is expensive and not good.
I would definately stay at the Ampere Hotel again.

Loved the friendly staff!!!

by TripAdvisor Member spanishangel77

First time to Paris..... My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in August it was low season in Paris as a lot of Parisiens leave Paris to vacation. Nevertheless we had an amazing time the breakfast was amazing at the hotel and they even had fresh fruit. The room was beautiful divided by alot of doors, bathroom separate from shower. You could be in the shower and listen to the same thing that was on tv at the time. It was a great room nice and clean and the Hotel was central to getting around Paris. We weven walked from the hotel to the Louvre that took us about 40 minutes (walking slow)
Overall I would stay here again.

GREAT HOTEL

by TripAdvisor Member NYhurt

I chose this Hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. This was my 3rd visit to Paris & by far this was the best Hotel. I wanted a Hotel within walking distance from Port Maillot bus depot (Ryan air bus- Beauvais to Port Maillot). This was only about a 20min walk & I found the Hotel easily, The Hotel was very clean & comfortable. I found the room very spacious considering it was accommodating 3 people. Especially by Paris standards. Nice bathroom with walk-in shower & separate bath. Good breakfast buffet. The Hotel is in quieter area but has a Train Station & Metro on its doorstep.We took the train from here to Versailles which was more cost effective than going on an organised tour. Its about a 20 min walk to Arc de Triumph where you can pick up the Open Top Bus. I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel & is very good value for money.(I booked through RatesToGo)

Great Hotel

My Wife and I stay twice in this hotel, August 2004 and June 2005. The staff are great, they couldn't be more helpfull. They speak English with a beautiful French accent. The manager is a really great guy, he helped us a lot and he keeps the place in great order, it's very clean, very friendly.
The location is off the tourist track, which suits us, yet not to far from the Arch De Trumph. We discovered that quite by accident when out for a walk one evening. Within walking distance is the Parc de Moncesu it's well worth the visit, bring a picnic. Also tour the area around the Parc, it is framed by beautiful apartments buildings, I spend a great deal of time looking at details in the masonary and well as some of the most incredible doors.
There are a lot of good resturants in the neighborhood, the prices are ridiculously low. A favorite was a small resturant near Rue de Wagram where a 2 course meal was 9Euro. The resturant next door to the hotel served a 3 course meal for 2 people with coffee for 32Euro and includes 1 bottle of not to shabby wine. We used to have breakfast in a local cafe round the corner, at a little table next to the sidewalk, for 4.50Euro you get a million dollars in memories, watching Paris pass before you.
I really like this hotel it's staff and it's surroundings and fully intend to return again, probably this year. I really hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

i have been to paris about 10 times and have stayed in a combination of 3 and 4 star hotels. In my opinion Paris would have to be one of the most overpriced, hit and miss style places where you can end up seriously burned.... the decent priced 4 stars are usually out in the sticks & the central 3 star hotels really are up to 2 star standards.

BUT, I was delighted with my stay at the Ampere. It is a modern hotel located in a decent residential neighborhood about a 10-15min easy walk to the Arc. It was great as i did not want to be in the tourist region, and this felt very Parisian and the choice of food and cafes was superb. It was 2min from the nearest metro (Pereire).

The rooms were of average size, but it was very clean and the bathrooms where immaculate. This felt like a 4 star hotel.

The bar is excellent and the breakfast / outdoor terrace was well done. My only gripe was the hand held shower in the bath but now thats splitting hairs isnt it?!

Great Hotel - Highly Recommend!

We booked this hotel for the week of the Tour De France. The reviews are correct - a great place to stay, great location, service, rooms......

Comments