Apollinaire Hotel Paris

Rated 15% higher but also costs 50% more than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Apollinaire Hotel Paris

affordable stay in Paris

by dalesley

I am stopping for a short stay in Paris in March as I return home from visiting my son in Cameroon. With the cost of the trip to Cameroon, I will have little money for staying in Paris but feel the opportunity to be in Paris cannot be passed. I would like to stay somewhere nice and not have to climb flights of stairs due to a torn ligament currently healing in knee.

All that said, any advice on a place I can stay. There will be two of us, I think, as a friend is going to travel with me. It is possible my son might try to fly to Paris with us. After the conditions in which we will travel and stay in Cameroon, we will enjoy almost any place but we do want to be able to afford our stay.

Your help is appreciated.

Debbie

Re: affordable stay in Paris

by Beausoleil

We usually stay at the Hotel de la Sorbonne across from the University. It is quite reasonable (about 60-80 euros double) and in a great location. It also has an elevator accessible from the ground floor which you seem to need.

When shopping around for hotels, some don't have elevators and many who do have them require you to climb a flight or a half-flight of stairs to get to them. Be sure you check. For instance, we occasionally stay at Hotel le Clement in St. Germain and their elevator requires you to climb a half flight to a landing.

If you are planning to use the Paris Metro for transportation, you need to be aware that you often have to climb many stairs to get to it and then again to get to transfer (correspondence) points. Bus or taxi might be easier for you.

You can contact Hotel de la Sorbonne at

and also check the rates at

We always compare the rates between the two web sites. Usually the http://www.france.com web site has the lower rates. I have no idea why unless they buy in bulk or make some sort of deal regarding holding advertised rates. It would pay to check and then take the cheapest rates.

There is an elevator; the rooms are clean and quiet; the staff is friendly; the bathrooms are clean and private; the location is perfect for sightseeing and also handy to both Metro and RER if you can use them.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Re: affordable stay in Paris

by Tommo5226

Hi,

over the years, we have stayed at various hotels in the Montparnasse area. The area is very vibrant, full of cafes, bars and reataurants of all kinds.

We stayed at the Hotel Apollinaire and found it very reasonably priced. I stayed there at various times, with my wife and also with my two grown up sons.
It is convenient for two metro stations and is a fairly short walk from Montparnasse main line station.

The hotel has a web site.

Good luck and best wishes for 2008.

Tom Morrice