Apollon Montparnasse

91 Rue de l'Ouest, 14 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75014, France

More about Apollon Montparnasse

Very Happy Stay

by TripAdvisor Member AustralianTripper

I stayed in a single room at the Hotel Apollon Montparnasse just after christmas and found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. My room was very modern, clean and spacious for a single room. The bathroom was well-designed and looked newly renovated. The hotel is only a block from the metro and a short walk to Gare Montparnasse and Bld Montparnasse- the heart of a busy area. Shops, movies,restaurants and connections by train to the rest of Paris and other parts of France. The Air France bus from Gare Montparnasse to the airport was excellent - leaving regularly and dropping you off at your terminal. In all, a great stay.

Loved the Apollon

by TripAdvisor Member Caleyjoy

Just got back from another fabulous stay in Paris. This was our 11th holiday in Paris, in the same neighbourhood, but our first stay at the Apollon. I have nothing but great things to say about Apollon. The staff is amazing, friendly and helpful. The rooms were on the small side, but that is quite normal for Paris. They were well decorated, clean, with newly renovated washrooms with sparkling white tiles and gleaming fixtures. There was also a small fridge in the room. The internet on the main level was free. The Apollon is just two subway stops from the Montparnasse station. It's not directly in the tourist area, but that is a plus as you will be staying where the Parisians live and therefore enjoying their lifestyle, shops and restaurants. An added bonus is that the price is right for the hotel and local restaurants, and all within easy reach of the Metro and therefore all the sights that Paris has to offer. We'll be back!

Great little budget find in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member linnae55

We just returned from a month in Europe, flying in and out of Paris. We picked this hotel for our first few days in Paris and chose to return to it again before we left. Agree with the other positive reviews and the photos are accurate...great location (after a full day of Paris sight-seeing, it's great to have a metro stop a block away), friendly, helpful staff who are fluent in English, lots of shops, restaurants and cafes nearby, clean rooms (yes, they're small, but we only slept there), free internet in the lobby. We'd definitely choose it again. There is a breakfast available in the basement...croissants, rolls, cheese, cold cuts, cereal, fruit...probably worth it if you take into account the convenience and the bottomless coffee cup, which you won't find in Paris cafes.

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lauramc06

This is a great hotel in Paris. We contacted the hotel directly and got a great rate of €85 euro per night and this was even over New Year's eve. The staff were great really helpful. The rooms are a bit small but not really a problem. There was a tv, fridge and hairdryer in the room, which was great and the room and bathroom were really clean and cleaned and bed made every day.
There is a metro station literally around the corner and it was so easy to get to all the tourist attractions - it was only about 3 or 4 stops to the middle of the Champs-Elysses. The area is lovely with cafes and patisseries and a supermarket all around the corner.
I was really surprised at how good the hotel was at such a great price. I would definetely recommend it to people.

Nice Place

by TripAdvisor Member iljata

We were there for NY2008. We liked the place. Nice and clean. Good location - walked to the Eiffel tower. Personnel was friendly. Rooms are small, but I guess this is quite normal for Paris. The breakfast was fairly poor for its price (not included in the roomprice).
Overall - a good place to stay in Paris.

A gem

by TripAdvisor Member leloshea

Wow, I was so pleased to find myself at the Apollon! Immaculately clean, lovely staff in a charming part of Paris.

As a woman travelling alone, I was a little anxious about spending four nights there by myself - but the people at the Apollon were so nice I started to relax immediately.

It was great that the room had an en suite shower room - it was small but perfectly formed, and again, spotless. I was on the fifth floor and it took a while for the hot water in the shower to kick in but when it came there was plenty of it.

I loved the Pernety area - real, working Paris. Surprisingly relaxed, great cafes and shops and some good art galleries. Easy stroll to the heart of Montparnasse. I found the bus route 58 really useful - 5 minutes to St Germain.

I can't wait to go back! All in all, for a two star in Paris... impeccable!!!!!

Great affordable hotel with helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member Rosemary-Ann

After reading the other very positive reviews on Trip Advisor, I booked two nights for my mother and I. Her biggest concern is always "Is it clean?" and it was very clean (and had very new bathrooms), so she was happy. I was pleased with the location, just a block from the Metro, which had great connections. (The Paris Visite card (unlimited metro, bus and local train) is a good investment for the short stay.) It is an great little hotel, and given it's affordable rates, a bargain in Paris. Our double was a good sized room, larger than many European hotel rooms I've stayed in. The neighborhood is quiet (makes for good sleeping), but there is at least one great bistro on the street, and many more within short walking distance. Also, there is a/c in the room, just in case the summer gets hot. (A definite plus.) Mom's first trip to Paris was a good one.(Whew!) I am so glad we had the Apollon and their helpful staff to come back to each night.

Great Find

by TripAdvisor Member LYNNDNorthYorks

This hotel was a great find, I had read the reviews and they were right.
We were greeted by name and made to feel very welcome by the hotel staff. Rooms are small but very clean, the bathrooms all look new. The rooms were quiet even though the hotel is on a junction.
The metro station is only at the other end of the street, along with bars and restaurants.
The breakfast was fresh and plenty of it, something for everyone, fruit , cheese, bread, cornflakes etc.

A very good base to explore Paris, good hotel rates and friendly staff. Will be back.

10 Amazing Days in Paris!

by TripAdvisor Member lordbrar

I was visiting Paris for business and had initially chosen to stay in the hotel where the convention was being held. However, thanks to the reviews at TripAdvisor, I found that even though the hotel was rated 4 star, the services there were terrible. So, I decided to fall back again on TripAdvisor and found Hotel Apollon Montrparnasse.

The hotel had pretty good reviews and the rooms look pretty decent, so I decided to go with this hotel because it was in the walking distance to the hotel where I was supposed to attend the convention.

This was the first time I was staying in a two-star hotel so I was a wee bit scared -- however, I am so glad that I decided to overcome that fear as it turned out the service was equivalent to those of 4 stars hotels.

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days, so here's what I experienced.

The Good Things --

- Very Supportive Staff. Hotel Owner is himself a very friendly person. And yes, they were always smiling and friendly even though I regularly came back to hotel between 2.30 and 4 in the morning after nights of hard partying!

- Rooms are very Decent. However, I do have to point out that I was staying in the highest category so I can't comment about other rooms in the hotel.

- Proximity to Pernety Metro Station. You just get down there, turn to the left and walk 100 meter to reach the hotel.

- Very Nice Location. There is a beautiful park and church on the way to Le Meridian. And yes, there is an amazing view of Eiffel Tower once you get on the main road.

- Proximity to Air France Bus-Stand. That was very helpful for me since I took the Air-France Les Cars to reach the place.

The "Not so Good" Things

- WiFi was not that great. I regularly had troubles accessing it in my room on 3rd floor so I had to go to the lobby.

- There was no hot water on one of the days. However, I went back to sleep and woke up 30 minutes later to find the hot-water back in the shower.

- Breakfast is okay, not bad. I would rather recommend that you go out and have it in a cafe. There are lot of decent cafes in front of the Pernety Metro Station and nearby streets. As a matter of fact, I highly recommend "Au Metro Restaueant" as the staff there is extremely friendly and helpful.

You will spend just a euro or two more for an amazing breakfast of French Omelet, Coffee and Orange Juice.

I would highly-highly recommend this hotel to anyone. =) Thanks for making my stay in Paris so amazing.

two nights in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member Nigel75

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights at the start of our trip to France. We really enjoyed our stay, and have no bad things to say! I'll give a summary of our opinion:
The hotel is small but well-maintained, and in a quiet area of town, away from the tourist areas. You really get to see the real Paris when you go out the door. The staff were very friendly and ready to help with anything we needed. We did not have a car, so I can't comment about any parking issues, though it looked to be tricky to find a spot ( anywhere in Paris, actually ). The elevator is tiny and the stairs are a tight circular stairway, so we had to take our bags up separately! No big deal. The breakfast area in the basement was very inviting and cozy, and the food was fine, although quite expensive. Better off to go out to the local bakery and grab a coffee and croissant for a fraction of the price.
Our room was, like all the others, very very small...hardly big enough for us two and our luggage. Once we got half-unpacked and the bags stored, we were ok. The bathroom was modern and very clean. We were so busy with our whirlwind two-day tour of Paris that most our time in the hotel was spent unconscious!
The only bummer about our room was that with both of us in it, it was hard to get around each other! Other than that, we really liked this hotel and would easily stay there again.

ParisParis

The Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel Tower

And another.And another.

Yummy beef pot roastYummy beef pot roast

We are arriving via Eurostar from London

by ariesnz

and we need directions how to get to Victor Masse Hotel, 32 Bis Rue Victor Masse via Metro?
Also we will be flying out from Paris Orly, what is the best way to get there from Victor Masse.
Thank you all in advance.

by Paulinho551

You can have the answer to your question at www.ratp.fr,as shown below

Heure Durée Plan

Allez jusqu'à : Barbes-Rochechouart - Metro 10 mn

Direction : Porte Dauphine (Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny)

de : Barbes-Rochechouart

à : Pigalle
12h32

12h34
2 mn

Allez jusqu'à : 32 BIS Rue Victor Masse PARIS-09EME 5 mn

Zone(s) tarifaire(s) du trajet : 1

by nomad7890

And ... if you want a printout of all the advice given:

1. Go to Google maps and map your hotel - you should see the metro stop mentioned

2. Go to the ratp.fr and use the route planner (there's an English flag on the upper right) and enter your stations.

Sometimes entering the airport is a bit tricky but it works wonderfully!

by Roadquill

Off topic, you should know that the area you are staying at "Pigalle" is the red light area of Paris. In the day it is fine, but at night the more risque business open up. Of all the inner arrondissements in Paris, this one is the most edgy. Karl

by ariesnz

Thanks for your tips re transport directions.
Oh and Roadquill - now that comment is a little unsettling. I hope we will be okay, I have read many traveller reviews and almost all have indicated it was mostly safe and nothing to worry about? Lets hope this turns out to be true. We would be gutted if we had to curtail out evenings out.

by Roadquill

Hi Aries from New Zealand, Sorry to raise your concern. I looked at the reviews and they seem pretty good for a very reasonably priced hotel. Because of the area there is quite a bit going on, and up until 11:30 you will find quite a lot of people hanging around. It is also very close to the Moulin Rouge (and I think Crazy Horse is across from the Moulin Rouge) so it is a very touristy area late and there are more pickpockets around. Also, it is not a matter of danger, just some of the blatant sexual blitz is not what we are used to in the STates. Maybe in NZ it is different. The metro system is excellent and you are very close to a metro station, so you will be able to get out and explore very easily. Have a great trip. Karl

by Roadquill

I would say Pedro is correct as to physical safety, however, later at night there are quite a few young people, mostly men, that seem to be milling about. Plus I have had first hand experience with attempted pickpockets that I had to intercede and get physical with some of the young men to stop the pickpocket. It was enough of a commotion that I was surprised that there was not a response from local police. It is not at all like the nightlife around the Rive Gauche at Blvd St. Michel which also has a vibrant nightlife, but more equally split between sexes with none of the edginess that is in Pigalle. Best regards, Karl

by ariesnz

hey thanks all, we will be careful as with everywhere else we travel.

Comments