Apparthotel Residhome Prestige Val d'Europe

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Paris

View from the topView from the top

Renaissance-Baroque façade - Nov 2010Renaissance-Baroque façade - Nov 2010

The salade de la merThe salade de la mer

Museum D'oseyMuseum D'osey

Coach Transfers

by Adagio1

I have 17 people to transfer in May/June CDG/Paris, Paris/ORY, Paris/CDG and I am getting nowhere trying to hire a coach for these 3 transfers. Last May I was quoted €211 per transfer. Now when it is time to book I get quoted €330 to €350 and that is only from the two operators who bother to reply. I could hire 3 shuttle buses for the same price or cheaper but that would only multiply the chances of mistakes. Anyone know of a reliable coach operator?

by Beausoleil

We have used FirstWay in the past and they were polite and reliable (and very helpful). They do offer a full-sized bus. Here's the web site.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Thank but no luck with your suggestion as I got ----Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at firstway.fr

by Beausoleil

You need to cut and paste the entire web address into your address window. I just did it and it worked perfectly. http://www.firstway.fr/location-voiture-avec-chauffeur/voitures-chauffeur/vehicule-us.php

I noted you can't request a price online with 17 people so you will have to use the CONTACT US button and e-mail them. They do speak English. There is also a phone number on the web site. If you can't get the web site, the phone is 33 (0)1 48 637 437

Their e-mail address is given as contact@firstway.fr

Failing all else, our reservation confirmation was from http://www.firstway.fr/resa-ok.php

You will have to click on the British flag at the top right and then click on the company logo to get out of the confirmation screen.

Good luck.

by tmpaca

using the same company for three different transfers I suppose you can have a reduction.

by Beausoleil

Hi Adagio. I e-mailed contact@firstway.fr and got an immediate response in English. You may have to wait a few hours due to the time change but you should be able to ask them about a coach for 17 people. If possible, get quotes from a few operators and choose accordingly . . . after checking reviews, of course.

Good luck.

by Adagio1

Thanks Beausoliel I have emailed them a moment ago, I will let you know if I get a response.

Travel Tips for Paris

Mobile Phones

by johnfromoz

We have just returned to Australia from Paris where we used my existing mobile phone & sim card. We used text messages to keep in touch with home & brought an overseas phone card in Australia for our family to call us in our hotel room if anything was to complicated to be covered by text or we required them to arrange stuff for us. We would just text them "call us now in hotel room" & they would call us, easy. We only made mobile phone calls sparingly to confirm bookings etc whilst in France.

Visit great Grand Louvre (More...

by zheyy

Visit great Grand Louvre (More pics are in Travelogue ^^) It's the biggest museum I've seen. I was impressed by so many mavellous master pieces, sculpture,painting,
drawing, antiquity...from different countries and eras. It's definitly an amazing trip of human art, as well as culture.
It opens everyday except Tuesday, usually from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. Entire museum is avaliable on Wednesday, and it opens till 9:45PM.
Ticket is 45F. If you go there on Sunday or after 3:00PM on weekday, you may get discount to 26F. However, it's impossible to appreciate carefully those art works within 3 hours.

Paris Tip

by bruingirl

France beats Italy!!!! The best memory of Paris was when France beat Italy during the World Cup games. We had just got back into the city, after a quick jaunt out to Versailles. After emerging from the Metro, we were amazed to see EVERYONE cheering and chanting as they walked up Champs Elysee to the Arc de Triomphe! All the streets nearby were closed down and everyone was celebrating the victory! We celebrated with all the young 20something Parisians and had a blast!!

Learn 10 words

by bfiesta

I speak zero French. But I learned 10 words that will get you pretty far:

Bonjour Madame or Misseur "Hello"
Bonsoir ('Bon-Swa') "Good Evening"
Absolument ('abso-LU-mon') "Absolutely"
Merci "Thank you"
Merci beaucoup "Thank you very much"
Billet ('bill-ya') "Ticket"
un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, dix "one, two, three, four, five, ten"
Arret "stop"
Oui ('we') "yes"
SVP ('see-vu-play') "Please"

Other important words:
Vin "Wine"
Addition ('add-dich-e-on') "The check"
Compris ('com-pre') "Tip is included"

Paris map

by GUYON

The Paris districts map looks like a snail. The first one is in the center and the 20th is in the periphery.

The 'arrondissements' are a common way to identify an area in the capital.

... And an inhabitant. Those of the 16th are considered richer than somebody living in the 19th.

Initially, Paris was shared into parishs and, during the Revolution, sections. At the beginning of the 19th Century, there were 12 arrondissements.

In 1860, Napoleon 3rd decided to include within Paris the villages which are protected by the fortifications recently built and he added 8 new 'arrondissements'. Some of them have kept their village atmosphere : Montmartre for example.

Paris is wrapped in the Boulevard Peripherique which is a highway (see the special tip page on "Transportation"). Often, the quicker way passes by the Peripherique eventhough it is not the more direct one.

There is also a quay ('voies sur Berge') which crosses the Capital W - E (one way) on the right bank.

Comments