Appia La Fayette Hotel Paris

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Appia La Fayette Hotel Paris

Oasis in the Chaotic District

by kleine about Hotel Appia La Fayette

Before starting my trip, I knew that I would have huge luggage, so I wanted to stay somewhere very close to Gare du Nord where you can reach both Orly and Charles de Gaulle Airport by railway. This hotel is perfect for a person someone like me! Gare du Nord itself is a huge station but once you get out of the station building, the hotel is right there. Even with my short legs and heavy luggage, I managed to reach the hotel in a couple of minutes.
The staff is all fluent in English and friendly. The interior furnishings of all the entrance, lobby, corridor, and room are simple but bright with soft light. I stayed in a room with a double bed by myself. The room should have been roomy enough even for two persons. The bathroom was also very well-equipped (a magnifying mirror was installed there! I think that girls would appreciate it!).
The hotel is in a busy district (no wonder! It?s near the big railway station!), and I was a little afraid that the area might be pretty dangerous. But I didn?t feel any danger while walking to the hotel from the station around 23:30. Also, I hardly heard any noise from the streets in the middle of the night.
Compared to other hotels in Paris, the price of this hotel is rather reasonable, and it has a great value! Its location is perfect! The hotel is a couple of minutes away from Gare du Nord of both the Railway (RER lines) and Metro system (four lines are available at the station). You can reach both the Orly Airport and Charles de Gaulle Airport by RER lines. Needless to say, this allows you to access lots of places in the city using the public transportations.
There are various restaurants and take-away food shops around the hotel. My recommendation is one of the Chinese take-away (). Very very reasonable and delicious!
I felt that the breakfast offered at the hotel was quite big compared to that offered at the hotels in Europe I have stayed. It offers variety of cornflakes, cheese, eggs, hams, bread, yoghurt and jam. What impressed me was a baguette they gave me. If you are in France, it should be very normal to have that for each meal and shouldn?t surprise you at all. But for me, the baguette was very good and stuffed my stomach along with lots of hams and cheese. Good enough to start a day!

Flower stores in ParisFlower stores in Paris

Église du DômeÉglise du Dôme

Room in Cluny MuseumRoom in Cluny Museum

le petit canonle petit canon

Any suggestions on hotels near Gare du Nord

by travellingtechie

Hi All!

First of all thank you so much for all your tips and suggestions for making our travel easier and safer. I will be in Paris on a weekend and would like to book a quadruple room in a good reasonable hotel (upto 120 euros) for one night near the Gare du Nord.

Any suggestions about hotels in that locality in Paris???

Thanks once again!

Travellingtechie!

Re: Any suggestions on hotels near Gare du Nord

by lanef

I was in Paris last July and I stayed at Appia La Fayette on Rue des deux Gares, two minutes walk from Gare du Nord.

Hotel near the Gare Du Nord or to the Ministry of Defence.

by Penelope4

I'm under time pressure - please recommend a hotel where my two colleagues can stay in Paris. The hotel shold be near the Gare Du Nord or near the Ministry of Defence. Thank you.

by cassiovieggore

NYTimes published some days ago the interesting link may help you:
Cassiovieggore

by lanef

I have booked two hotels for a few days in July in Paris near Gare du Nord as I will be out and back.
Appia la Fayette and villa Saint Martin

by Penelope4

Would you have the number of the Villa Saint Martin. It got good reviews but there is no information on their direct phone number nor address. Thank you.

by Pomerol

Travel Tips for Paris

What's in those streets ?

by Norali

Walking in Paris streets... you would find a lot of tourists, including you, in fact. :)

Tourists everywhere.. everywhere they can watch, walk, eat, buy... in those huge boulevards, along the Seine, at the feet of Tour Eiffel, on top of it, on Place de l'Opéra, at Champs-Elysées... in la Butte area, in Paris zoo, at Notre-Dame.

Also, pigeons everywhere. I'd never seen that before. What stroke me most was that people used to feed them.. I compared them with the treatment of stray dogs in Tana streets. very different... I didn't blame Malagasy people at all.. They had to struggle everyday to find food so how could they feed stray dogs ? Away from Paris, I would miss the atmospheric Boul Mich... packed with students, bookshops... Don't know really why.. Maybe because my parents used to love hanging around there too? And that they got me used to it?

I loved sitting in cafés there, having some drinks and watching people passing by...

One thing is sure: for having studied in Paris, my parents had known the Boul Mich well. They were there end of 60s, beginning of 70s. So had they known Paris Chinatown with dead cheap Vietnamese restaurants. Still very popular amongst students, same as Place Monge. ;-)

Graffitti on the Metro

by MikeBird

We thought there was a lot of this stuff on the Metro and on the railway sides coming into Gare du Nord. It seems there is a challenge amongst the individuals who spray it to try to reach the most inaccessible points imaginable. In doing so I suppose they gain a certain level of respect from their mates.
Anyway I captured this bit of graffitti quite by chance as we were on the Metro ( Ligne 2) heading east crossing the Seine between Passy and Bir-Hakeim stations. I was taking the picture for the Eiffel tower but actually this shot is made much more interesting by the graffitti. Quite how they managed to climb up onto the bridge in order to do their spraying is a mystery but clearly they did quite a thorough job in leaving their mark.

People are so nice in Paris! ...

by Razorart

People are so nice in Paris! When I tell Americans that, they are surprised. It *could* be because I can speak some French (albeit badly), but my attempts seemed to be appreciated and I was treated well wherever I went.
On the other hand, I couldn't get over the amount of people presumably from the US or Canada who'd go over to Parisiens and demand loudly, 'do you speak English?'

Why not try and learn a few basic phrases? French is one of the most beautiful languages and it is quite easy to learn a few basic phrases.

Pay your respects to two great french authors.

by SebastienR

The tombs of Jean-Baptiste Molière (1622-1673) and Jean de Lafontaine (1621-1695) are located side by side in the Cimetière du Père Lachaise.

Entrance to the cemetary is free, but a map is very useful to find the tombs.

Location: