Armstrong Paris Hotel

Orbitz.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• andrewivan's Profile Photo

Budget hotel in Paris

I stayed one night during a business trip. I would recommend it for the price. It was very cheap. I booked online and paid only 44 Euros plus 2.50 booking fee. It is more expensive if you book directly. It was a decent hotel only a few minutes walk to the nearest metro stop. The rooms were small but comfortable. Bathroom and room were very clean. The hotel has four computers available in the cafe for internet connections at only 4 Euros per day. The hotel also advertises wi-fi internet if you have a portable computer, but the connection did not work. So they gave me free access on the computer in the cafe. The cafe/restaurant is comfortable. TV in the rooms.

Unique Quality: Internet access on one of four computers in hotel cafe.

• RuthLuvsPaul's Profile Photo

Simple but Adequate

During our time at the Hotel Armstrong, we had two rooms - a 4th floor double, which was so tiny, we could barely fit our luggage in beside our bed! But it was clean, & adquate for what we needed, which was pretty much just sleeping & showering.
    We had a friend join us after a few days, and then moved to a 5th floor triple room, which had much more room, and even a small balcony.
    Both rooms had their own bathrooms.

Unique Quality: This hotel is situated in a slightly less glamourous part of Paris, but there was still a view from our 4th floor room.
    There was a restaurant on the lower ground floor, which we ate breakfast at once, at a cost of 7 euro per person (August 2002), which meant about AUD$14 per person for us. Although it was classed as a full breakfast, it did not include hot bacon & eggs etc, but did have toast, cereal, yoghurt, cheeses, & cold hard-boiled eggs.

Directions: Take the Porte de Montreuil Metro train line from the centre of Paris, & take it to the last stop, which is also called Porte de Montreuil. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the station.

More about Armstrong Paris Hotel

Poor Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member raven2345

Not the cleanest, the bathroom was dingy, their internet was very expensive ($5 Euro an hour) as well as their phone rates, extreamly far, located in a rough area and terribly hot. There was no a/c and you had to open your windows and since there were no window screen covers bugs got into the room. I only booked because they had a 50% off sale, their regular rates were over 100 Euros to start! That was very misleading because it was not even worth the reduced rate. There are cheaper hotels that are actually near the Bastille and not so far and for so much like this one. I will not be returning to the Hotel Armstrong.

Very Nice Hotel For The Price

I Found Hotel Armstrong a really good bargain. The staff were curtious and friendly.. Found they spoke Good english and were very helpful. This was my first trip to paris and i dont think i could have picked a better place to stay. Especially for the price i was paying. The Hotel was right around the corner from The metro. They have internet access which ishandy for finding spots and things to do in paris while your there. There is a chemist nearby aswell as a super market and of course McDonalds. The metro system can get you anywhere you need to go in the city. I would highly recommend this hotel. The area that its in .. isnt as bad as previous reviews ive read state it is. I guess different people have different opinions. But i for one found the room. Clean .. Kept me warm .. Had shower and WC Facilities. French television ( BUT you dont go to paris to watch TV) . Breakfast was good aswell... Nothing lavish just a buffet of cereal and fruits.
Hope ye find this review helpful and if ye go enjoy your trip. Au Revoir!

Good budget hotel in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member foldedmirror

I stayed in the Hotel Armstrong by myself for one night in August. I read some of the reviews for the hotel and I was really worried, but I had a wonderful experience.
I took a taxi to the hotel from the Charles-de-Guell airport which cost about $50 which was expensive, but it is Paris. The hotel is nicely decorated and they have a friendly staff. They also have internet access for $5 a day which expires after 24 hours. They ended up giving me a triple-room at no extra cost so my room was pretty spacious. But I think it would have been too small for three people. It was a nice room, had hot water, but no shower curtain!
The hotel is located in a quieter part of Paris. It's pretty far from the downtown area, but the metro is a few feet/meters away from the hotel so it's convenient to get downtown. There's also some restaurants and a grocery store right next to the hotel. Make sure you ask them the night before to book you a taxi if you need one.
It was a good price for the hotel, good location, and overall good experience. I don't think I'll be visiting Paris anytime soon, but if I do, I'll probably stay here again.

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member james238

My son (age 18) and I spent a night here in July 2006. The hotel Armstrong is 5 minutes walk from the Metro station and not 50 yards from the metro station as said on the website on which we booked. We had difficulty finding the hotel at first. It was good value and although the location was not close to any of the attractions, the metro made it easy to get to any part of Paris. Breakfast at 8 euros per person was reasonable. It was a cold buffet with cereal, juice (orange and grape), fruit cocktail in syrup, yoghurt, hard boiled eggs, bread, croissants, liver pate, jam, tea, coffee. The room was comfortable and I would stay here again.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member David_Sten

I would have to recommend the Hotel Armstrong following my trip. There was a shaky start as our room had been overbooked for the first night but the attitude from both the staff on duty at the time and the managment the following morning was satisfactory.

The staff were very friendly and always willing to help.The room was clean and comfortably large for two people. The hotel is situated hardly 60 seconds walk from the metro. For the price that was charged i cant understand people having problems with the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends and would definitly stay there again if i went back.

1 and only:)

reasonable price, easy to reach everywhere in paris. the hotel is next to a metro station.
best place to stay in paris (i searched all the 2 star hotels in paris from internet! so beleive me!)

Warning Bed Bugs, Mold & Way Overpriced!

by TripAdvisor Member afg2001

If you are in the mood for an overpriced, bed bug infested, moldy bathroom, cramped spaces with sauna type atmospheres ("climate control" aka tiny useless fan)... then this is the place for you. Of course their website does not indicate all this at all, I even emailed the staff asking many key questions and was assured that everything would be to my liking. When my husband and I showed up we inspected the room and discovered that the bedsheets were not even changed (pubic hair and blood stains). We went down and the clerk immediately changed them and apologized for the inconvenience. Later we noticed that the hot water was out and for two days we had to take ice cold showers. We were given a free breakfast in return but that was rather low compensation in my opinion. The room was SO HOT the first couple days but fortunately enough the weather got cooler and things were more bearable until I woke up with itchy bites and I saw that there was a couple tiny tick like bugs on the bed. I had it at that point and my husband and I went on the search for another hotel. We noticed some only a few minutes away, IBIS and ETAP located in Port Montreuil. Not only did we get a very clean and air conditioned room but it was less! IBIS was sold out but we did manage to get an ETAP room thank GOD. It didn't have a phone or hairdryer, but it was perfect otherwise and bug free.

Christmas In Paris

by FlyOnTheWall

"Our Arrival"

For Christmas 2003 my girlfriend and I decided to take our first Europe vacation. Our first stop was a most magnificent city, Paris. The moment I walked out of it's train station I had to stop and take a moment, despite my girlfriend waiting for me inside. I was in complete awe, never had I seen anything so amazing, the buildings, the streets, the lively buzz of the people, the color and style that was everywhere. I was in love.

"Our Stay"

Our stay in Paris lasted six nights and seven days, including Christmas. We had booked a hotel room at the Hotel Armstrong on the far west side of Paris, in the Porte de Montreuil area, via the internet before our trip. Given that I didn't speak any French, and all the stories about the French hating Americans and not liking the English language, I was a little worried about finding our hotel and figuring out the Subway systems. But it all turned out to be fairly easy. I found out that Paris has one of the most extensive Metro systems in the world, and is very easy to use.

by berup

Hi

I am planning to stay at the following hotel during my stay in Paris:

Armstrong Hotel, Paris, France
36 Rue de la Croix St. Simon, 75020

Can any one of you tell me if this place is close to the railway station ?

Is it accessible to the main/major tourist spots in Paris ?

How far is this place from the airport ?

Is this place in a safe neighbourhood ?

Thanks & appreciate your feedback.

Re: Information regarding Armstrong Hotel, Paris, France 36 Rue de la Croix St. Simon, 75020

by FabienneCA

Hi,

You will have to use the metro to reach the major tourist places;
from the airport you can use a Bus, N°351, it stops no too far from this area, then you will have to walk or take an other bus;
http://www.ratp.com or .fr

the neighborhoow is safe, it is a popular district.
check:
you can get pictures there, about the area, the street and the neighborhood

HTH