34 Rue De Buci, Paris 75006

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• krisnakrisna's Profile Photo

A Quality Stylish Hotel

Originality in style and character for the most demanding and refines customers.

Unique Quality: ROOM AMENITIES

IN ROOM WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS FEE
    AIR CONDITIONING (IN ROOM)
    NEWSPAPER (FREE)

MEALS
    DINING
    HIGH SPEED INTERNET
    HOT TUB

Directions: The Artus is located in the heart of Saint Germain des Pr within easy walking distance of all its famous landmarks, in a village accommodating art galleries and famous antique shops.

More about Artus Hotel

Amazing 40th birthday at Hotel Artus

by TripAdvisor Member dubai

I just arrived home last evening from a romantic stay at the Hotel Artus celebrating my 40th birthday. My boyfriend and I loved everything about this quirky and oh so charming hotel. Sanjay went out of his way to ensure that we had the perfect time in Paris. He secured reservations at several restaurants that I would highly recommend: Le Coupe-Chou, Le Christine & Mon Vieil Ami. Sanjay seemed to know exactly what we wanted and was spot on with everything he suggested. The location of Hotel Artus is unbeatable. This was my fourth trip to Paris, but by far the most special. I will definitely stay at the Hotel Artus on my next trip and would recommend it highly to any of my friends and family.

My soul is Parisian

This was my first trip to Paris, it was much-anticipated and had great expectations to live up to. It exceeded them, due in great part to the lovely Artus Hotel and its excellent staff who made me feel so very welcome and comfortable. The Artus is mere steps off the Blvd. Saint Germain, and at the entrance to a charming, bustling neighborhood featuring every sort of shop or restaurant you could desire. The staff at the Artus is lovely and led by the extraordinary Sanjay, who I feel should be appointed Mayor of Saint-Germain-des-Pres. My first room at the hotel was on the back of the building -- quiet and cozy, with large windows, an excellent bed covered in beautiful linens, and a fantastic shower. Everything was spotless and charming. When a traveling companion joined me a few days later, we were uncomplainingly moved to a room with two beds on the front of the building (which was perfectly quiet once the windows were closed -- no trouble sleeping even in this active neighborhood). Breakfast every morning in the charming basement breakfast room was a delight, a chance to catch up my journal over endless cups of delicious coffee and pain au chocolat. The Artus has managed quite a neat trick: it captures Paris' quirky charm while still providing amenities to make an American traveler feel comfortable. I cannot imagine a better home base from which to begin my love affair with Paris, and I cannot imagine my future trips there without a stay at the Artus.

New owners, losing much of its charm

I have stayed at the Artus almost annually for over 5 years and was always delighted to return. I've stayed in many different rooms, from the smallest to the delightful junior suite with its panoramic view and sumptious jacuzzi tub. However, this trip, I was dismayed to find the quirky mix of contemporary and old was lost, replaced with a chilly slickness you'd expect in any recent New York or LA hotel.
Gone were the terracota fresco'd walls and rustic wooden armoires (still present online at Artus Hotel) and in their place was custom-built, all one piece, formica headboard/desk/armoire. The placement of the armoire meant you'd literally have to move the bed to open the doors. The deep bathtubs (ideal after a long day of walking!) were replaced with glass shower stalls and a silly shade that rolled down from the ceiling - not much privacy. We were in a small room in the back of the hotel, low enough that we did indeed here the street noise from the alley, especially as the air conditioning wasn't working (for which we only received a 20 euro discount after 4 nights of stuffy accommodations). More surprising was that we'd booked a large double room with bath and got a small single-bedded room with a shower and yet were still charged for a deluxe room (again, slightly reduced when we complained).

The service is still impeccable, particularly from the flawless Sanjay and Carol. And the location cannot be beat. It's just disheartening to see such a charming hotel redone and made so generic. Like if your best friend had a really horrible facelift!

Artus is Great for Romance

We stayed at the Artus for just one night and booked the junior suite. It was fabulous, newly refurbished with a great bathroom and balcony overlooking the rooftops of Paris. The hotel is in an good location and Sanjay gave us an excellent recomendation for dinner and was very helpful throughout. Highly recommended!

only okay...

great location but hotel needs a serious cleaning. also supposedly had air conditioning but it only worked marginally-room was 85 degrees plus at night and couldn't get it any cooler. hair dryer in room didn't work and internet connection in lobby was down.

2 employees at desk were helpful but one was just plain rude and arrogant. the famous sanjay/sanjeet was on vacation. got the feeling he's what makes the place work.

would definitely not stay again. too many better run places on the left bank.

What a great little hotel!

The location was perfect. Small shops, galleries and quaint lttle bistros right outside your door. Walking distance to the Louvre, and the musee d'orsay. Staff that was personal, helpful, but professional and unobtrusive. Rooms that were clean, modern and available upon arrival! A thoroughly delightful experience. Can't wait to return.

Paris in Summer Time

by TripAdvisor Member trantman

My Partner and I stayed in Paris for the first time and had a wonderful time August is a good time to vist because most of the Parisians have gone to the coast so things are a little quieter, but what a wonderful friendly reception we got from this small but attentative hotel. All the arrangements that were made prior to the trip were in place when we arrived and the room was of a very good standard, clean and modern but in an old building giving it some character also. The location could not have been better loads of bars, restaurants and cafes nearby but these did not affect the peace and tranquility of the hotel you never felt as though you were in a major world capital. All the sites were within easy reach either by Tube (100yds away was the nearest station) and The Louvre, Notre Dame, Museum D'Orsay and Latin Quarter less than 15 minutes walk away, so all in all excellent for sight seeing during the day and excellent for relaxing and dining of an evening. Sanjay and all the staff are most accomodating and I would not hesitate in staying there again.

Excellent!! Would definitely reccommend!!

by TripAdvisor Member sarahito

We stayed at Artus during mid-August and it was a terrific little hotel!! Upon arrival we were greeted by Sanjay who is as marvellous as the reviewers said previously here on TripAdvisor. Our room was on the top floor and was decorated in a very fashionable way. The bed was very cozy and the pillows were perfect. The flat screen TV had French, Spanish, German, and English channels. AC was powerful and easy to control. The bathroom had new fixtures and was comfortable. Breakfast we included for us and it was yogurt, croissants, juice, etc.

My only concern was that the elevator is only big enough for 2 people (about 3x4 ft and when we arrived on the 6th floor the hallway was not much bigger--about 4x4 ft! There are only two rooms on that floor, it seems to be an attic loft redone into rooms. Once in the room, no complaints at all. The stairway was less claustrophoic and the graffitti artwork was cool.

The hotel is in the perfect spot, near to the Louvre, Latin Quarter and Mabillon metro stop. There are plenty of cafes and shopping very nearby, but in August many things were closed because it's vacation time for Europe.

Great Place to Stay

This hotel has a modern feel to it. The room had been recently renovated and had a contemporary feel to it. Bathroom and shower were great. Room wasn't large but certainly comfortable. Great linens and bedding. Flat screen tv and quiet place to sleep.

Location was great. Walking distance to most major attractions. Sidewalk cafes and shop just outside the hotel. The staff was accomadating and there was internet access available. Sanjay was most helpful. He even walked to the pharmacy with a guest to translate the dosage on medicine.

It's not the Ritz, but if your looking for a moderately priced, comfortable place to stay in a great location, this is a great hotel for you.

by tople

Has anybody stayed at this hotel? Just wondering if it is quiet? Thanks

Re: Artus Hotel

by Beausoleil

Don't know if it's quiet but it is in a great location. Boulangerie Paul is about a block away (corner of rue de Seine and rue de Buci) and that is where we love to go for breakfast. Best hot chocolate we've ever had.

You can walk nearly anyplace a tourist would want to go. You are near two excellent Metro stations and a few blocks from the Seine. Life doesn't get much better. There is also a nice little street market along the rue de Seine by Paul's where you can pick up fresh fruit, roast chicken, picnic things, whatever.

Anyplace in Paris will have street cleaners smashing about in the early morning hours. Ask for a room on a higher floor or in the back to avoid this. It looks lovely and the area can't be beat.

Enjoy your stay . . . and have a cup of hot chocolate at Paul's for us. 8^)

Comments