81 Avenue Kleber, 16 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75116, France

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Costes K

Drinking in style

by SonOfLusus about Hotel Costes

This supposedly is one of the world's most stylish places. The interior design is excellent, and the atmosphere the epitome of sophistication. The food is very expensive, but my friends and I just really wanted to see what it is all about, so we just sat for a few drinks. The cheapest drink was 15 Euros. My friends and I weren't really that dressed up, but we got in with no problem. But try to look a little sophisticated. ;-)

Go for the music, if not for the food, ambiance

by Alikatt about Costes at Hotel Costes

Food was as good any any trendy Parisian restaurant but the icing on the cake is the ambiance and the plushness of the surroundings coupled with the house music being spun on the decks by the very talented David de Barce, a transplant from Barcelona. If you've ever listened to the sexy music of any of the Hotel Costes CD compilations which is now numbering 7 (by Stephane Pompougnac), it will surely gel with you once you set foot at Costes. The open courtyard seating is highly coveted. They can have it, I wanted to be by the DJ anyway...Go for an early dinner if you don't want to wait (a long time) for your table in the evenings and get upset if you don't get your desired spot. Reservations are a must. I had to try their foie gras and had it with green salad. It was delish! The food was not stellar but the general ambiance and the mood David created with his music and the fashionista crowd just made it all very very good. And of course I went there with two of my dearest friends so of course it was fantastic!

STARCKitecture at its finest in Paris

by Geisha_Girl about Cafe Costes

Cool, minimal, and a bit surreal, the Cafe Costes (located in the Hotel Costes), houses some of the acclaimed architect, Philippe Starck's, signature work.

Located along the ritzy Rue St. Honore, Cafe Costes is the perfect location for meeting friends for pre-dinner cocktails.........and just people-watching the Paris hip and trendy crowd.

Cozy, intimate cocktail lounge that serves some of the strongest caiprinhas in the city. Wear what you want.........but try to blend in with the beautiful staff. ;-)

The casual, crowded, laid back bar

by mesoblonda about Lizard Lounge

Makes this one of your stops on a night you want to be casual.

When you walk in the front door, the place appears to be very small....WRONG! Look up and you'll see a balcony with seating above. Look straight ahead and you'll see a stairway going down. Walk down the steps into another large area, complete with DJ and anoth full bar.

Not knowing what to expect, we made this one of our stops along with Cabaret and Hotel Costes. Lizard Lounge is definitely NOT like the two mentioned! Less trendy with a very mixed crowd, it's a great place to get a drink and chill out with your friends (or meet someone new, who knows?!). Casual is fine. Jeans are OK for all.

My favorite spots from inexpensive to $$$$$

by Haggie about All over town...

Dinner

* George (top of the Pompidou Center)
* Buddah Bar (Bastille)
* L'epi Dupin
* Club 181 (Oberkampf)
* Cote Seine - On the Seine close to Notre Dame- 45 Quai des Grands Augustins
* Les Bookinistes 53, quai des Grands Augustins. Tel: 01.43.25.45.94. (Guy
Savoy)
* Le Vieux Bistro- On the Isle de la Cite across from Notre Dame- Fantastic
bistro, best Frog’s Legs, escargot, etc.
* Café Charbon. (Oberkampf) Metro: Parmentier. Tel: 01.43.57.55.13.
* Le 108 Bar (Oberkampf)
* Au Gamin De Paris- Marais, 51 rue vielle de temple, 4th- My favorite- great
traditional French food with the most decadent chocolate cake on the planet.
*Brasserie Fernand- 13 rue Guissard, 6th- Best beef burginogne in Paris
43.54.61.47
*Epice et Delices- for brunch/lunch, right next door to au gamin above

Lunch

* Hotel Costes (Saint Honore) L'avenue (Champs Elysee)
*Cafe Marly - at the Louvre

Pre-dinner wine or dinner

* Willie's Wine Bar Everything tastes better in Paris...

Best nightclub and lounge bar

by BrunoB

Dear VT friends,

I'll go to Paris in April and I'd like to know the best nightclub in the city and the best lounge bar, like Hotel Costes or Pershing.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Bruno

Re: Best nightclub and lounge bar

by cheer15

this website has the top ten night clubs in paris http://www.10best.com/Paris,France/Nightlife/

Nice lounges in Paris

by BrunoB

I'll go to Paris next month and I'd like to know some nice lounges in Paris, like Buddha Bar or Manray (not clubs with loud music), a place to drink a good glass of champagne and to eat some appetizers, like Buddha Bar or Manray.

Regards!

Bruno

RE: Nice lounges in Paris

by higglytownhero

go to the "Champair Ragard" it's the best. very elegant, and not loud. it DOES play good soft music though

RE: RE: Nice lounges in Paris

by Geisha_Girl

Hi Bruno,

If you like Buddha Bar and Manray, you'll really like Cafe Costes---it's one of my favorite stops in Paris.

Great lounge music (their DJs and music are world-renowned), beautiful crowd, and really cool atmosphere. It's located in the Hotel Costes.

Hôtel Costes - 239, rue St-Honore, Paris, 75001
Metro: Palais Royal, Musee du Louvre

Enjoy!

G_G

Lounge Music

by miamiaudiovisual

HELLO -- I am in Miami Florida USA and am wanting to create music for a very upscale bar /lounge here in South Beach. I have requests for "Budda Bar", "Hotel Costes"... What are some great lounge hits in your country that I could use in this international resort for the music programming. Some really good, up-beat, Asia loungy music. I have no clue, can you give me some ideas??

RE: Lounge Music

by YVRDave

What is your e-mail address

RE: RE: Lounge Music

by miamiaudiovisual

Hello and thank you for replying to my forum posting, as you were only one of two that wrote me. My email address is tyson@miamiaudiovisual.com

I am seeking possibly hiring someone to also mix CD's for me of this type of music. I would like to come up with about 3 CD's of very mellow lounge, and approximately 3 that are more up tempo and then 3 that are a bit more energetic. Kind of music on approximately 9 or 10 CD's mixed full of hits from Budda Bar ect.

I would be willing to pay for this music and someone to work with me.
Let me know if you can help and please feel free to email me anytime.

Comments