Atel Cyrnos

More about Paris

The Invalides, ParisThe Invalides, Paris

The façade in Oct 2009The façade in Oct 2009

Notre Dame de Paris - West FacadeNotre Dame de Paris - West Facade

De Chomeday's plaque on the school wall.De Chomeday's plaque on the school wall.

paris > nantes train

I want to catch a train from Paris to Nantes

1)how much time do I need from CDG to the train station? and how much will it cost?
2)what is the name of the train station in Paris?
3)how can I book in advance tickets for the train trip between Paris and Nantes?

by cochinjew

please look at their website sncf-voyages
there are trains directly from the airport to Nantes and you can book at any time up to the moment of travel. cost varies upon the date time of travel and class of travel.
all information is available on the sncf-voyages web site and you can choose your time of departure. the railway station in cdg is located right in the terminal itself..(Term 2)

by mindcrime

thanks but on my way back there's no direct train on the time I want, the one in the morning is very expensive. So, if I want to go to another station in Paris and then to the airport how much time do I need? (from the station in Paris to CDG)

by puerto_lover

According to my research, the Nantes train comes into MONTPARNASSE. There is an airport bus from here to CDG. See:

On the French rail web page you can see all prices and buy in advance.

by mindcrime

yes, but the question remains, how long is from the train station(MONTPARNASSE?) to CDG? and what are my options? shuttle bus and RER?

great! :)

Travel Tips for Paris

Disneyland: dealing with kids, queues etc

by benmaxwell

Hotels:
Part of the Disney Park is opened for two hours each day only for those staying at these hotels and parking is free. Otherwise you will only go to your hotel to sleep and couldstay offsite cheaper. Our room at the Hotel New York was small though well designed for two adults and 2 kids. The hotel was close to the park. The included breakfast was excellent (two restaurants we could use for this - the Manhattan restaurant was MUCH more scenic). The luggage porters, reception staff and waitresses could not have been more kinder. The room was very expensive for its size and the bathroom was tired. I was disappointed that the lavatory and basin hadn't been wiped over.
Queues: in the second half of the afternoon (in October at least) the queues die down and in the evening you have to queue much less. If you can visit during the two hours a day kept only for hotel guests the park is relatively quiet then as well - particularly at the start. So do the busy rides then. In the middle of the day plan to eat (book ahead, even on the day, to avoid queues) or go for a rest, or to a show.
Rides:
1. Buzz Lightyear the adults favourite and our 8-9 yr old kids loved it too.
2. Roller coasters - Space Mountain narrowly ahead of Thunder Mountain and Aerosmith. At night Thunder Mountain is beautiful. Indiana Jones had the highest height restriction but was pretty much the same.
3. Fantasyland rides. Our 8 year old loved the teacups and Carousel. Dumbo is very similar to the Rockets in Discoveryland and the Flying Carpets in the Studios. All were favourites. Queues for all these were 45 minutes or more for a VERY short ride - definitely wait for a quiet time! It's a Small World is charming and WARM. Although our guideboook spoke well of Peter Pan we found the ride very jerky and it hurried ridiculously fast through the scenery. Our guide was much less enthusiastic about Snow White or Pinocchio but these were equally good and the queues were shorter. Shows: in the Studios the shows were SUPERB, especially Cinemagique and extraordinary Moteurs driving show. In the Disney park Honey I shrunk the kids was an OK 3D film using polarised light but with a dull build up. The Lion King was good - however some were queuing for over an hour and were then turned away: I was amazed that the staff weren't warning people they wouldn't get in. Rather than queue go into the Videopolis fast food area in the same building. The seating area of this is effectively just the rear seats for the show. We got straight in here even when the huge queue had been turned disappointed away. I'm ashamed to say we didn't buy any food but had a great view.
4. Food: we had read appalling reviews of the quality of food and the high prices but were actually very impressed. I particularly liked the Blue Lagoon (scenic though the name didn't really fit) with superb cuisine. At Walt's the lights were rather dim. At Annette's Diner the Burrito was very good indeed. At all three children's menus had nice and healthy options and were reasonably priced. The staff were lovely. Next time I go I will take some apples, drinks and rolls but we will certainly eat in restaurants too. It is certainly worth making a restaurant booking, even on the morning of your visit, because we saw people being turned away. Take away hot dogs from a stall were a little expensive but pretty nasty - restaurant food was much better.
5. Hairdressing and makeup: a highlight for us. A two hour plus queue for a free service rapidly developed but we queued from the moment the park opened an hour before the stall started and got straight in. Our son sported a mohican and our daughter a glorious back-combed confection. Well worth that much waiting. 5*!!
6. Ticket admin. I LOST my ticket for the park and the office replaced it without fuss and without charge because I was at the hotel: impressive.

Air France beats American airlines anyday

by parismumsie

OK, I had never flown to Europe so I guess I had some hairbrained idea that the seats would have leg room ! I am only 5'2" tall and could not even cross my legs. I could have cut the processed chicken for the passenger next to me and the person next to him. To top it off, you had to pay for your wine! Coming home we flew Air France. I won't say we had
better seating arrangements, but at least the wine was free and the food surprisingly good, for an airline. There was also a tiny screen, so we could at least watch our own movies. All in all, I'll fly Air France again, if I am lucky enough to get the chance. In the airport I loved the chimes before the lady made an announcement
in such a lovely voice. What a difference from US airports - loud and obnoxious!

WIFI IN PARIS

by ForestqueenNYC

If you are taking your own laptops you wont have to worry about the keyboard. You can go to bistros and cafe's and buy a coffee or a glass of wine and get a code to use wifi there or you can go to a park and use Paris wifi. Check this site to see which parks have access to Paris wifi. Often times your hotel will have wifi access.

Paris wifi is free and it's opened from 9 to 6 but you usually can't access it after 5:30. It's a service of the Paris city hall aka Hotel de Ville.

Smoking INSIDE a Cafe

by maritoni

Smoking inside a small restaurant with hardly any exhaust working is very suffocating to me and my son... So dont get offended if they do not put it their ciggies for your sake... they wont. They might say "PARDONE" in their french accent but still will not crush its butts...

More Food Tips - Volume 3

by Krystynn

(g) And finally, chill out at a cybercafe in Paris. Wait. Not just any other cyber cafe. The latest 'in' spot is The Web Bar (32 rue de Picardie 75003 ). Head there if you want to surf the Net, check your email, meet cool dudes (French and foreigners). Do I look like I'm kidding you? Go, see and you'd know what I mean. Not only will you find computers here but also a full schedule of poetry reading nights... concerts....art exhibits.... ooh la la! You'd also probably notice 'Hm, who is that cute guy at the next terminal (er.. PC, I mean. Not the airport terminal, you twit!). This, my friend, presents the PERFECT opportunity for you to exchange e-mail addresses! I said - EMAIL addresses. So, don't go having any other wild thoughts, guys! Our favorite joint (without our boyfriends and husbands). Shhh!

(h) O.K., this is the absolutely final-final tip for the day: Shakespeare and Company (37, rue de la Bucherie) is one place you shouldn't miss. It is located just down by the River Seine. You can find used books, a really kewl atmosphere bursting with mind-expanding 'reads.' A perfect hang-out for geeks.... er, I mean... chic folks like us.

Comments