Aviatic Hotel Saint Germain Paris

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• beachgypsy's Profile Photo

Not our favorite Paris Hotel

While we were in Paris we stayed in the Invalides, Ile St. Louis and Montparnesse areas.
    The Aviatic Hotel (Montparnesse area) looked fine from the internet photos and it's location to the Gare Montparnesse was a reason for choosing it...since we were travelling to & from the Loire Valley.....BUT I would not stay here again because of the constant rumbling of the Metro that you could hear and feel. (Montparnesse is a major correspondence...several lines intersecting.)
    Also while the staff was professional, they weren't as readily accomodating as in our other hotels...and you needed to use your room key to access the breakfast room...does that say something about security??

I learned if you are staying further out from the center of Paris, the hotel should be very accessible to a Metro stop....preferably not a MAJOR one...they are cavernous!

Directions: Near the Gare Montparnesse

More about Aviatic Hotel Saint Germain Paris

Good Value at the Aviatic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TravelgalCathy

This was my 4th visit to Paris and I went on a solo shopping trip for a few days and was looking for a hotel in the 6th. The Aviatic is a little further away from St. Germain des Pres than I had hoped, but I enjoy walking (I could have taken the metro) and was able to use the money I saved on lodging for shopping! The heater in my room was not working and it was a French holiday, so I stayed in 3 different rooms. It was not a problem and the staff offered to help me move my things. All 3 rooms were consistently clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. It's close to Montparnasse and easy to get to and from the airport via bus.

NIce Hotel, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Critics_Critic

We selected the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. The hotel staff was very nice, room was small, but very clean, and the bathroom was very clean. Great location. We would stay there again. Tripadvisor reviews were accurate. It is all a matter of perspective. I should note that some people may become confused since The Aviatic St. Germain and the Aviatic Hotel are the same Hotel. Some people call it the Aviatic St. Germain, others Hotel Aviatic. So there is no confusion, it is located at 105 rue de Vaugirand in the Latin Quarter. It is within easy walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, Train Station, and Metro Station.

Lovely hotel in Paris!

by TripAdvisor Member rayres

I've just come back from my honeymoon in Paris and we loved the Aviatic Hotel! We chose this hotel based on the reviews we read in TripAdvisor and we have absolutely no complaints! The room was very nice, cozy, very clean and our bathroom was very big, also very clean and had the best shower/bathtub. The staff was very, very kind!!! As they knew we were going there to spend our honeymoon, they put a bottle of champagne in our room with 2 glasses along with a card welcoming us and wishing an unforgettable honeymoon in Paris. The best part is that the card was written in Portuguese, our native language! That was so nice of them! We really enjoyed the reception they gave us! I would surely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Paris and I would surely stay there again!

What a pleasant surprise

This is our first trip to Paris. After our not so pleasant experience with our hotels in London and Tokyo last year, we thought hotels in all big European cities would all be like Manhattan in high seasons, either too expensive or just dirty and stingy closet like rooms. The Aviatic Hotel was at similar price as our earlier hotel in London, but it was just day and night. We are not sure if it was just our bad luck in London, or just in general Paris is a city with better values, but we were quite happy with out stay at that Aviatic.

First of all, there are no curfew hours, we can return to our room no matter how late, which is a big plus considering the city is the city of light. Second, the bathroom is big and clean, which is not typically found in this price range for big city hotels. The Aviatic is also nicely located in the middle of everything, so there is plenty to do within walking distance. Over all, we liked it a lot.

Great Location, Very Clean

by TripAdvisor Member Chinmong

My wife and I decided to book our first night in Paris from home--so we had an destination when we got there. However, we didn't want to be locked into one hotel for the entire week, especially since we had no idea what to expect with regards to the location.

We made a good choice with this hotel. The Hotel Aviatic was very easy to find from the metro station--about a 5-10 minute walk. We arrived before check in, but the staff allowed us to check in our bags until the appropriate time. (They also allowed us to leave our bags there the next morning while we were "out and about.") The staff all spoke English and were very helpful.

The elevator to our room was really small--we almost had to go one at a time, but it was nice to have. Our room was about what we expected--except for two twin beds as our "double." Others who have been to Europe know that this is pretty standard, but we were a little shocked. But we got over it quickly as it was all "part of the experience." Otherwise the room was very clean and comfortable. No complaints at all.

I would definitely recommend staying here again--even though it's on the pricier side, but I would try a different room.

Nice Hotel very good service

I have stayed in quite a few hotel in Paris over the years- this one, for its price is exceptional in cleanlieness, service by staff. Would stay again, although it is a little far frm St Germain.

Tres bien!

by TripAdvisor Member vogaits

Nice hotel and a good value for Paris. Location was good, between the Eiffel Tower and the Latin Quarter, with access to several Metro stops within 2 blocks in any direction. Several restaurants just around the corner on Blvd. Montparnasse, especially convenient after a tiring day of sightseeing. All staff, especially front desk, were friendly and helpful. We stayed in two adjacent rooms (226 and 227) in the back building; both rooms overlooked a quiet inner "courtyard" - really more of an air shaft. The circular staircase to upper floors was treacherous - really not usable - but there is an elevator that was always functioning and quick. Terrific bathrooms, with tub/shower combos and great water pressure. The carpeting and coverlets were worn, but the rooms were clean. Our rooms were air conditioned - unusual in hotels of this level, but very welcome, as it was 85 - 90 degrees while we were there. Buffet breakfast was very good: fresh fruit salad each day, croissants and a full assortment of cereal and breads, plus cheese and yogurt. NB: work was being done on the front of the hotel, with netting and scaffolding covering the entire facade.

What a gem

by TripAdvisor Member Lucy321

We stayed at this hotel for eight nights in July and it met all our needs and more. Friends told us that hotel rooms in Paris are small so we booked a "Millenium" room which is larger. It met all our needs - clean, comfortable beds and pillows, air conditioned, very nice bathroom and very friendly multi lingual staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to stay in Saint Germain de Pres.

Fabulous hotel - highly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member Croni

I've never written a hotel review before, but having stayed at this hotel just recently (Oct 2006) and after reading a poor review about it I felt it necessary to share my experience.
We thought it was a lovely hotel and good value for money for Paris prices.
From the minute we arrived we were greated by friendly staff who spoke perfect English (and didn't appear to mind either), in a clean, well lit lobby. They were extremelly helpful in providing directions to metro stations, restaurants and tourist attractions. Also offered to book us into see any shows. There was a computer offering internet to guests also.
Our room was a twin overlooking a small courtyard. It was very clean and tidy with a fabulously huge modern bathroom. The decor was quaint Parisian but not guardy like I had expected it to be.
Expecting to only eat crossiants in Paris, our breakfast was the best we had experienced through Paris/Italy, even offering a toaster (it had been a month since I'd had toast).
I totally rate this as a good cheap hotel to stay in.
You get what you pay for right and if you want all the fancy trimming go 4 or 5 star and pay horrendous prices.

Latin Quarter Hotels Paris

by ryaner

Hey

In Paris in October and looking for a Hotel in the Latin Quarter
Tried the Hotel Monge but they dont have enough rooms
The recommended the below

Hotel De France & Hotel Des Nations & Hotel de Arenes

Anyone know what these are like or is there another hotel someone can recommend

Cheers

Ryaner

by karimpls

Try Hotel St. Pierre. I stayed there a few years ago, clean, inexpensive, and one block from Metro.

by XenoHumph

My favorite hotel in Latin District is Hotel de L'esperance. Check my Paris page for details! Cheers!

by lost-in-paris

Try the Aviatic, stayed there last summer and got treated pretty well, staff spoke English and it's on a relatively quiet street. Price is better than most too. Metro and busses within a two minute walk

Comments