Best Western La Tour Notre Dame

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Toile Everywhere!

Small bar, great location (close to Notre Dame, Le Quartier Latin, etc.). Rooms were a bit small. Service was very good; they were quite helpful with directions, questions.

Unique Quality: Toile everywhere in the room, with exposed beams!

Directions: Fifth Arrondissement

More about Best Western La Tour Notre Dame

Great for single business traveler

I made a reservation at the La Tour Notre Dame because of its rate and location. I was in Paris for one night on business and the hotel definitely did the trick. It was easy to get to off the B RER line (direct line from Gard Nord and airports). The neighborhood was nice and quiet.

My room was rather small but fine for one person. No big frills but everything was clean and modern and the bed was fine. There was a cool flat screen TV.

The staff was very pleasant. The breakfast was simple but kept me going through the morning.

View of the Eiffel Tower

by TripAdvisor Member weirbustin

We arrived at St Michel Notre Dame Airport which is a direct link from CDG Airport.

The hotel was literally just around the corner.

The staff were lovely, the room whilst small was modern and clean.

One bonus was that we could see the Eifeel tower from our room.

The breakfast was great.

A must for any first time visitors.

Also - The moulin rouge is worth the money €97 pp if you get the chance.

Overall - fantastic time, great hotel, good food and wonderful sights.

Best Paris hotel I've stayed at

My wife and I stayed here in late August 2005 and really loved it. I have stayed in Paris several times before, but this is my fav hotel. The rooms may appear small to some tourists, but all rooms in Paris are small (unless you are staying in a very expensive hotel like the Ritz). Each room has a safe in it for your valuables and the hotel is in a fantastic location (and suprisingly quiet). Each room has air conditioning (which is a must if you visit Paris in the summer). I cannot understand the bad reviews (unless they are from hotel competitors in the area!). Two tips: go to the Eiffel tower at night (next to no tourists) and visit the Musee national de moyen age (an easily missed museum, which is truly fantastic). I would stay at this hotel every time I visit Paris.

Great location!

by TripAdvisor Member kysf

This hotel is in a great location! A few blocks away from the Notre Dame and conveniently around the corner from the subway that took us to all the major attractions.

The room is quite small (maybe it's a French thing -- other rooms I've stayed in in Europe were bigger). We had two of those travel backpacks, but barely enough room. I can't imagine if you had two large suitcases. The bathroom was also small. But overall, the room was very clean and pleasant. There's a window that opens up, making you feel like you're standing from a balcony (but you're only standing in your room) -- very cute.

The hotel staff was courteous. One front desk person recommended a restaurant that was by far our best meal of that trip! Not only that, he printed out a map and wrote directions for us.

We thought we had gotten a good deal for the price we paid, considering that it was clean, nice, and in a convenient location. The only complaint is that it's small, but that's not a big deal. I'd recommend this hotel!

Great location!

We stayed here in early Dec - it was our second stay in 3 years and we again had a great experience. The hotel was refurnished since our last stay and we loved the modern decor - rooms and bathrooms were also large (esepcially for Europe) and very clean. Staff spoke good engligh and were very helpful. Walking distance to many wonderful and affordable cafes, bistros and restaurants. Also, very close to 2 or 3 subway stops and walking distance to many sights. Location was the best - we hope to stay here again!

Excellent all round

by TripAdvisor Member Steeeeve

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights at the end of January, the room was very clean and quiet - despite fronting onto the road. The staff were friendly and helpful, no complaints at all - I'd stay here again if I went to Paris.

Great location and a good room

We stayed on Paris for 4 days. The location of the hotel was is great. Walking distance to many restaurants and the RER!!! RER is the metro from the airport, very convenient, inexpensive and drops you off 3 blocks from the hotel. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, there are many places to go around the hotel and much less expensive. As far as the hotel, I would definitely stay there again.

Great Budget Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LynseyB

I stayed at the La Tour in Feb during the Valentines period. For the price, this is a great little hotel. It has everything you need for a short stay - clean room (but very small!) good shower, very close to many metro stops so you are within easy reach of all of Paris. There are so many restaurants around the place but some are quite touristy and not great quality. However, for a really gorgeous truly Parisien experience we happened upon a restaurant across from the hotel called Brasserie Balzar which was fantastic (really amazing Chablis too!)
We also ate at Willi's Wine Bar which is behind Palais Royale and that was really lovely for Valentines Day.
If you are on a budget this is a great base - I am hoping for a little more extravagance next time I am in Paris ;-)

great location and meet my expectation

by TripAdvisor Member Dave_Yap

I checked in this hotel in end Feb'06 with my wife for few days Paris tour.
The goods:
1. The hotel is near Metro (~5 mins walking from Cluny La Sobourne Metro); it's 15 mins walking distance from Notre Dame.
2. room and bathroom are clean,
3. St German is a busy street with many pubs and restaurants, but this hotel got soundproof windows, hence quiet at night.
4.again, since it's near St German, can have late night supper at restaurants and pubs nearby which are in walking distance.
5. friendly staff, English speaking.

The bads:
1. the hotel is not prominently located, need some searching
2. small lift (problem for those with a lot of luggage)

In conclusion, it's a good budget hotel that meet my basic needs.

Name of hotel in 75005

by virtual786

I have almost given up hope in trying to find the name of a hotel in 75005. It is a small hotel on Rue St. Jacques, between Rue de Sommerard and Rue des Ecoles

Merci

by Lacristina

Is it one of these two?

by BeatChick

I can only find the Best Western La Tour Notre Dame, located at 20, rue de Sommerard (which on a map appears to be on the rue St-Jacques).

by pfsmalo

Hi,
after a check on the Paris yellow pages the Hotel Diana is the only hotel on this stretch of rue St Jacques.

Comments