Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans Paris

BEST WESTERN Le Nouvel Orleans
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Paris hotel

I were trying to find a place in Paris to stay that would be clean and dependable. I found out that Best Western was buying up Ma & Pa hotels all over the world. I knew that if I stayed at a Best Western, standards would be met.

• grantesmith's Profile Photo

Great location at a modest price

When I started looking for a hotel in Paris, I was appalled at the prices. I happened on the Le Nouvel Orleans and got a great price (about 75 Euros a night) on the Best Western website. I then learned you could get to the hotel from CDG Airport on the train with no transfers for about 7.5 Euros a head. As advertised, the hotel was just a short, easy walk from the train station. Getting through the stations with luggage, though, is an adventure.
    There is a Metro station across the street from the hotel, and the line there will take you to Notre-Dame and the Ile de la Cite in about 5 minutes. From there, the Louvre, Pompidou Centre, Jardin des Tuleries and Musee d'Orsay are within easy walking distance. One transfer and about a 10-minute ride will get you to the Eiffel Tower. A transfer at Notre-Dame and an additional 5-minute ride gets you to the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees. In addition, there are a number of very good restaurants and bars in the immediate area.
    The lift (elevator) is only big enough for one person with a suitcase, and it is slow. The rooms are somewhat small. We had a queen size bed. With our luggage open, there was sort of an open path around the room. The bathroom was also small. However, I am 6-foot-6, and I did NOT feel cramped or crowded. Other than sleep and shower, how much time are you going to spend in a room?
    The hotel provides a breakfast for about 10 Euros a head. We tried some of the restaurants and coffee shops in the area and decided it was a good deal. You can get rolls, fruit, yogurt, cereal and all the coffee you can drink.
    The staff at the front desk was always courteous and very helpful.
    It wasn't spectacular, but I would recommend it to travelers who can get by without an auditorium to sleep in.

Directions: Mainly residential with businesses on the main floor of buildings.

More about Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans Paris

Great help to English speaking guests!

My mother & I stayed at the Best Western Le Nouvel Orleans from Feb 19-23rd. The man at the front desk was so helpful and gave us great advice. He seemed to be around 24 hours/day! He was very accomodating in booking our excursions to Versailles & a night tour of lights. Our room was small but the size of the bathroom made up for the cramped room. Breakfast was a little pricey but very convenient.
The room was very clean and everything was in working order. The metro stop was literally across the street which made getting around Paris very convenient. I would definately stay again.

Great Place and Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member fleatique

This was my 1st trip to Paris and we stayed here based on the reviews I had read. We loved the hotel. It was very clean and in a great location. The metro is across the street, and a large RER station is 2 blocks away.

The Monoprix grocery store was a block down the road and a good place to get cheap bottled water. There are also a number of cafes close to the hotel that had great happy hour specials.

The rooms are generally smaller than in the US, but big enough for my and my husband and 2 rather large suitcases. The shower was pretty small though. We had a room on the 6th floor and on a clear day could see the top of the Eiffel Tower.

It is a bit removed from touristy areas, but a quick 5 minute ride on the Metro puts you really anywhere you want to go. We liked being a little removed.

Overall had the best trip ever to Paris and when we go back we will be staying at the Le Nouvel Orleans!!

One note - someone had posted directions on how to get to from the airport to the hotel. Use them!! They were a great help and really easy to follow. Thanks!!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member unnamed

We visited Paris for New Year's Eve 2005. I was traveling with 3 teenagers on a very tight budget, and this hotel offered many cost saving oportunities. A package deal on Expedia gave us 5 nights lodging and round trip airfare for $850 per person. Easy access by RER train from and to the airport means no need for a taxi. Fresh Baked goods and cheese from the Monoprix provided an inexpensive alternative to cafes where you can spend over $100 US for a simple meal. Refridgerator and safe in room offered a safe place to keep valuables and food. Easy access to Denfert-Rochereau station takes you anywhere by train or Metro with no need for a rental car or taxi. The 5-day transit pass is a bargain.

I would advise caution if you spend New Years Eve in Paris, however, as the police seem to like to use tear gas and rubber bullets on the crowd and pick random people who they then throw to the ground, kick and beat. Not a pleasant end to an otherwise enjoyable trip.

Great base Station!!

Expect a small room & you won't be disappointed however, the room was very clean & more to the point was kept clean. I booked the hotel direct from their own website which saves you money & travelled via Easyjet & Paris Shuttle straight to the front door. The metro stop is 20 metres from the hotel door & congratulations to the French for a very user friendly & extremely efficient metro system. My tip is to keep asking for the complimentary tea/coffee. Even though it's not actually put in the room they will give it to you without charge upon request.....why not ask & save some money instead of paying large restaurant costs for the same thing. In short my wife & I had a great 4 day trip to a beautiful city!

Expect a small room.

Just returned from a two night stay at this property from December 26-29/04. I paid $70 euros/night/not including breakfast for a standard double with a shower. The stay was average and I would not recommend this particular Best Western property. Keep looking, research and you will find something comparable in this price range.

I agree with previous travellers in that you should expect a small room, even by European standards. It was very clean and you could tell the room had been renovated. Unfortunately, this one only contained a shower which I couldn't even turn around in. Forget about trying to bend over and wash your feet, I'm not kidding!

The location is okay. There is nothing spectacular to say about the property as it is middle of the road. As I mentioned before, do your research and try another Best Western property. I feel there are better ones out there and cannot recommend this property to others.

Clean, Nice, Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member californiapup

This was a very clean and nice hotel. Very easy to access the city by the Metro - the station is right accross the street. The rooms were spacious for European Standards. The bathroom was very nice. The hotel was in a nice area out of the city centre. There were several good restaurants nearby. Breakfast was not included, but we had no problem eating Crepes every morning. The staff spoke good English and were very nice. We got the Paris Visite Card for the Metro. It was very easy to use and a good value - we used the Metro several times everyday. It was also nice not having to communicate which train ticket we needed in poor French every day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice clean hotel for good value. Check out the prices on their website as they were cheaper than Expedia.

Anyone stay at the Bestwestern Le Nouvel Oreans?

by hartt

I will be in Paris for 2 nights, staying with my boyfriend and his dad. So a room for 3. The rates seem good, distance form city center also seems good.
Wondering if the rooms are small? If anyone found it noisy?
I am not looking for anything too fancy, but i guess because of north american standards, I may not be able to see value.
if anyone can help it would be great!!
thanks

by ATLC

I looked up the hotel in the Michelin guide. It says the hotel was renovated in 2001 and 'All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, tub and shower, mini-bar, in-room safe, cable television, Internet access, hairdryer and are soundproofed.'

The description indeed merits a 3-star.
If you're unsure about the noise, ask for a room at the back of the hotel and not along the main street.

The metro is very nearby, making it easy to get into the center and all other sights. Metro map: http://www.ratp.info/picts/plans/pdf/reseaux/metro.pdf
Your metro stop is Mouton Devernet (the dark pink line going north/south)

by Beausoleil

I haven't stayed there but it got good reviews on TripAdvisor. You can read them at this web site if you like.http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d229581-r14860082-Best_Western_Le_Nouvel_Orleans-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Or just to to http://www.tripadvisor.com and type in the hotel name for the reviews. You can get an idea of what is in the area too and that is sometimes helpful.

Have a good trip.

by shat10

If you are still looking for an answer, I stayed there in November 2006. Room 507. Top floor at end of hall to the right as you exit elevator. There were 4 of us. Really nice room, very clean and large for European standards. Mini fridge in room. It was not noisy and the room had 2 large windows with a small balcony to look out onto street below. The staff were friendly and helpful as well. I would stay there again. The metro is directly across the street and the RER is a few blocks down. So for that reason, good location. Hope this helps.

Comments