Best Western Tour Eiffel Invalides

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cmays84's Profile Photo

Great Location, Friendly Staff, Affordable Rates

This hotel was the perfect for my boyfriend and I who spent 9 nights here while vacationing in Paris. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was exactly what we were expecting. It is a small, very American-like hotel with a friendly, English-speaking staff that is willing to help. The location is perfect as it is only a short walk to the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine at the Pont Alexandre. The area (7th arrondissement) is a quiet, residential neighborhood with lots of locals and the hotel is surrounded by great corner cafes and bakeries. There is a metro station on the corner that can basically get you to anywhere you need to within the city limits. It is also a short walk to the RER station at Invalides where you can get a train that will take you direct to areas outside Paris, such as Versailles.

The room was a good size for European standards. We had all the amenities one would have in an American hotel. Our room faced the courtyard and so we had minimal street noise. I must note, however, that the neighboring building that was attached was under construction and that often was an annoyance (though we were very rarely in our room to hear it). The television had only 10 channels and most were in French but we were happy to discover that we had CNN/BBC news in English - a comfort in the morning while getting ready to go out for the day. The hotel was able to provide an American outler adapter since we did not bring one with us.

Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking to be centrally located and very comfortable without burning a hole in the wallet.

More about Best Western Tour Eiffel Invalides

Paris End of May - Neighborhood to stay

by SDTraveler

We will be in Paris over the weekend of May 22 and I am looking for recommendations of neighborhood/district to stay in. We are looking somewhere a bit quiet, away from the main tourisity areas but with good access (via metro?) to those tourist spots. Some where green, near river/water, cafe's (i.e. for nice romantic river walks etc...).

Thanks

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER

I prefer just north of the Louvre in the Opera quarter. It is not along the water but it is quiet and very elegant. It is also very convenient to just about everywhere. Without knowing your budget, the Le Grand Intercontinental is a lovely place to stay.

Enjoy your trip

Cheers!

by SDTraveler

Thanks TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER. I will see if I can find it on Google Earth and have a 'look round'. As for my budget, suppose I for 3 nights would hope to stay under £400, excluding flights. Not sure if thats reasonable expectation for Paris

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER

Well, £400 is actually the nightly rate (including tax) for their least expensive room. I checked for you and the Le Grande has no rooms available for those dates. Please forgive me for not knowing other hotels in the area that may fit your budget. Google earth is a great idea. I use it all the time.

Cheers

by leanneedwards

You could try around the Canal St Martin.. I have heard it is a beautiful area and nice to walk along .. it is the 10e... good luck.. also check out Pedmars pages he is full of great info!!!

by SDTraveler

Thanks All for your help, appreciate all your thought

by sotravel

The 7th arrondissement is quiet compared to the Latin Quarter. It is well located, near Invalides and the river.
You can have a look at the Best Western Tour Eiffel Invalides