13 Rue d'Odessa, 14th Arr., Paris, 75014, France
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 28% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Paris

Possibly the most economical ride on the groundsPossibly the most economical ride on the grounds

Invalides, The Dome ChurchInvalides, The Dome Church

LionLion

N.D. de Paris: central nave (Oct 09)N.D. de Paris: central nave (Oct 09)

Unique Hotels in Paris

by theyogamama

Hello- I will be in Paris for 4 nights in July and I am looking for a really unique hotel. I will need something with a room large enough for 2 adults and a teenager that also comes with breakfast. Nothing modern or stark, I would really like something INTERESTING....authentic.... Parisian.... and nice enough to please my parents who like a 5 star hotel experience. I really don't want to spend more than $300 to $350 US dollars a night. Any thoughts???????? I realize this is not an easy request, so I appreciate any "hidden gems" that you may have had experience with. This will be my 5th trip to Paris, I am just on more of a BUDGET this time around :(

by alza

The Pavillon de la Reine at Place des Vosges is one such place. Rates may be closer to 300 Euros than USD 300 but you might get a deal online. A really lovely hotel.

by Beausoleil

Place des Vosges is a stunning area too. However, I just checked the hotel web site and the cheapest room is 380 euros, at today's exchange rate that is $574 US dollars . . . a little out of your stated price range. You could check for Internet specials because if you found one, it would definitely be worth it.

You might type Paris into the VT Search Window above and when you get the VT Paris Travel Pages, check Tips for Hotels and Accomodations. You should have no trouble finding what you want in your price range. Unfortunately, it is way out of my price range so I can't be any help.

We've always loved the gardens of the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles. It is below your price range, about 210 US dollars and they do have a couple rooms for 4. The web site looks lovely. You could check it out at http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/

We've never stayed there, just enjoyed the garden. You could get reviews at http://www.tripadvisor and that might help. It looks utterly charming and is in the Latin Quarter so close to all the major Paris sights.

You can check current exchange rates at http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

by zuriga

The Relais Christine may be in your price range. It's a beautiful spot in the 6th - lots of good restaurants and sights nearby as you know. I've never stayed there but had friends who did and they were very pleased.

by Chris_66

One of the best hotel in Paris that would fit to "interesting, authentic and parisian and nice" hotel is hotel de l'Abbaye St Germain; a 4 star hotel in the middle of the Saint Germain des Pres area but in a quiet street. http://www.hotelabbayeparis.com/
Another hotel that is unique is hotel Ares Eiffel; another 4 star hotel very close to the Eiffel Tower; design, modern, posh, all the equipment you ever wanted in an hotel room and of high quality: http://www.ares-paris-hotel.com/
Hotel Le Péra Paris: another 4 star hotel; this one is close to Madeleine; I like particularly the impressive and huge lobby/bar with its glass roof and chimney; they have triple and suite; major plus point of this hotel is that it is one of the most affordable 4 star hotel in the area. http://www.hotellepera.com/
If you need more info about Paris ask me.

by Beausoleil

Chris 66, I've just read a bunch of hotels you recommend in Paris. They are out of my budget range but all of them looked excellent. Why don't you put them on your Travel Pages as Tips for Hotels and Accomodations? You can just copy from your post here . . . or choose the Tip option when you hit "Post Answer."

They will soon be lost here on the Forum and all of them look like good Tips and should be available in the future.

Just a thought. 8^)

by theyogamama

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated. karen

Travel Tips for Paris

Paris is a lovely city to be...

by delon

Paris is a lovely city to be in. The atmosphere, the people it's enjoyable. Besides there are dozens of monuments and structures which will definitely steal a glance from you. Don't miss : Eiffel tower, Arc de triomphe, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Louvre Museum, La defense, Musee d'orsay. Going to the top of the Eiffel tower was certainly the best experience. A splendid view of Paris awaits you atop the Eiffel tower. I also enjoyed strolling along Champs Elysees towards the Arc de Triomphe, did an awful lot of shopping there.

May of 1968

by AndyRG

This month was a historical one not only for modern french history... Paris is somehow the "capital" of culture and... responsible for important changes at the political field, in theory and in action, which were obvious that period.
I had taken this picture at an exhibition in Athens.

4th arrondissement - must see places of interest

by kris-t

The 4th arrondissement contains the southern part of the medieval Marais district as well as the Île St-Louis and the eastern part of Île de la Cité, the oldest part of Paris. This area is very popular thanks to attractions such as:

the Notre-Dame Cathedral,
the Place des Vosges,
the city hall and the gothic Tour St-Jacques. Contrasting with all the historic buildings is the modern Centre Pompidou.

The language "thing"

by asturnut

Speak french. Take a dictionary. Don't expect anyone to speak english to you, even if they do. And don't expect anyone to be nice. If they are it will be a pleasant suprise.
I've got a really funny story about the speaking french thing. My group arrived early from the airport, so the rooms at our hotel were not ready yet. They took our luggage and suggested we go find a place to eat. This sounded like a good idea, since we were all starving. So about 15 of us trekked off into the city unescorted. We found a place that looked good and sat down. Then the menus came, and UH-OH! none of us speak french very well and no one at the restaurant spoke english. Okay, no big deal, we'll just get out our french dictionaries right? Wrong--- they were at the hotel in our luggage a mile away.
So, we struggled for a good 20 minutes trying to patchwork our french to figure out what was what. What we didn't know was that in French 'entre' means appetizer (in english) and 'appetizer' means entree )in english). Talk about confusing! So, we all ended up ordering measly portions of food when we were starving to death. All the while we were struggling, this man was sitting at the bar laughing at our follies. After a while, he got up and in perfect English said 'have a nice day'. The jerk sat there, laughed at us and watched us struggle and order the wrong food, and never once offered to help. Thus, we were introduced to the famous Parisian snobbery. And this was just the beginning.... Lesson learned: Always pack your dictionary in your carry on!!!

Disney resort Paris

by MATIM

When you travel to Paris with children you can't avoid Disney the most popular attraction, well besides the Efteling, see my Tilburg page!

Direct trains from Paris depart several times per hour, from early morning till late, every day right to the gates of Disneyland.

By car, Disneyland Resort Paris is situated 32 km (19 miles) east of Paris. Access is from the A4 motorway (direction Metz/Nancy. For the Disney Parks exit sortie 14 Parcs Disney.

Comments