Brittany Hotel

dzohar's Profile Photo

Convenient hotel in Paris

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 19, 2010

I stayed with my wife at the Brittany in March 2010. The staff (especially Nathalie and Muzaffar) were most kind and efficient. The breakfasts were adequate. The room was a bit small but the facilities were clean.The elevator is rather small. However the location is excellent next to a Metro station. I recommend the Brittany for tourists who want a convenient base for touring the city.

Directions: Between the Opera and Montmartre

Hotel worker here tried to sexually assault me and

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2009

I went to Paris for a weekend getaway from work and booked this hotel because it had so many great reviews. Got there on a Friday morning and fell asleep almost immediately. The next morning, I was about to leave when I realized that I couldn’t find my hotel key so I called the receptionist desk and the man behind the desk said he’d be right up. He came upstairs and helped me search my room for a few minutes but no key. He told me not to worry and he’d let me in later. I thanked him and was about to leave when he started asking me creepy personal questions. I tried to leave but he stopped me and told me I was beautiful and asked to kiss me. I told him no very clearly but he kept charging into my personal space anyway and forced a kiss on me and started trying to caress me. Only a quick lie then about my boyfriend stopped him and since he was the ONLY person on duty until the night shift, I couldn’t tell anyone until later that night and even then I almost didn’t get to tell my story because the person on the night shift didn’t speak a word of English. Thankfully other kind tourists there helped me translate my story and file a report. Unbelievably, I was refused a room switch and the hotel worker who attacked me was on the morning shift the next day!

As horrible as my experience in Paris was, the real nightmare of it came afterwards when I had to deal with hotel management. For a few days, I kept getting contradicting answers from various (some of them horribly rude) hotel workers about whether or not the hotel worker who attacked me was still working there. I kept trying to reach hotel management but all I was told was that they were on vacation and I could talk to them in three weeks. Finally, I got a very ungracious email that was supposedly from hotel management saying they would not fire the worker unless he was tried and found guilty and even IF they would consider refunding me, it would only be for one night’s stay since they didn’t feel responsible for my other night’s stay.

Avoid this place at all costs! Not only will management refuse to take any responsibility should anything happen but this hotel worker is still there with the master key to every single bedroom!

Unique Quality: Worst hotel staff and management ever
Tiny, dark rooms and hallways

Directions: Near Moulin Rouge

• Bar / Lounge
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews