Citadines Paris Bastille Gare de Lyon

Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Garden painted in the salonGarden painted in the salon

Bakery & Candy Shop, ParisBakery & Candy Shop, Paris

The stairs of the Butte Montmartre.The stairs of the Butte Montmartre.

Sacre CouerSacre Couer

Can I buy Paris Visite at Orly airport?

by mindcrime

1)Can I buy Paris Visite at Orly airport?
2)can I use it for the Orlybus or the Orlyval shuttle?
3)my plan was to buy a 5day pass for 1-3 zones (€30) but now I see the 5day pass for 1-6 zones(€50). Is it a good value if we use it for a trip to Verailles, Disneyland and the trip from the airport?

we will be a group of 7 p so a card that will cover all its more comfortable than to search for tickets all the time and we plan to use metro 3-5 times per day anyway.

by leics

This link tells you where you can buy the Paris Visite:

There will be branches of Relay at Orly, or you can buy it at the RER station.

You can use the Visite on the Orlyval but it makes no mention of the Orlybus.

I can't help with whether it's better value or not, but you certainly won't need to 'search' for tickets; you can just buy them at Metro/RER/railway stations.

by mindcrime

Thanks for the link! good thing the Orlyval is included,

...but still I cant see if I can get it at the airport or not

by leics

You can get it at Relay, it seems, and they will certainly have a branch at the airport.

by pedroswift

"Relay" being a chain of paper/magazine/book shops located at nearly every big railway station and airport in France.

by June.b

Yes, I bought one long time ago from Orly airport. And it seems to be a good value if you plan an extensive use of it. have fun!

Travel Tips for Paris

Pommes Pont Neuf

by johngayton

It's a bit of a touristy guidebook thing to point out that Pont Neuf means "New Bridge" but is in fact Paris's oldest bridge - well, it was new once!

The bridge was commissioned by King Henry III in 1577 and finally completed in 1607, a couple of Henry's later.

Pommes Pont Neuf , on the other hand, are a fancy type of French Fry which you might come across in posh restaurants - at my place I call them "Jenga Chips" - 'cos I ain't posh. By all accounts they are so named because it was at the bridge that the French Fryers used to ply their trade.

So just to be a little askew here's my Pont Neuf recipe:

Take a couple of large baking potatoes (the floury ones rather than the waxy ones) and top and tail them. Then cut the skins off vertically so you end up with a rectangular box shape. Now cut each box into six fat chips, which should be about 1cm thick and 5cm long.

Deep fry in good vegetable oil at 150 centigrade for about 12 minutes, until they just start to soften and remove from the fryer. Turn the temperature up to 190 and refry until crispy on the outside. Toss in sea salt and cracked black pepper and eat with whatever you would eat with normal chips - DELISH! 2nd pic is Paris!

visit Eiffel Tower. Ascend to...

by sham

visit Eiffel Tower. Ascend to the viewing platforms of the tower ( all the way up, you have to climb stairs at the last part, but it's worth it! ). From the top of the viewing platform of the Eiffel Tower, get ready for a spectacular panoramic view. You could even use the binoculars at every corners and view the River Seine.

Hotel des Invalides

by bugulma

Louis XIV decided to build a house for old soldiers, who were wounded and mutilated in the wars and in 1676, after 5 years of building, Hotel des Invalides opened its gate. Now Hotel des Invalides draws tourist attraction with two things. The first is Napoleon I Emperor's ashes lie here. The second is the rich military museum.
There are some metro stations near by such as Invalides (line 8 or 13 and RER C), Varenne (line 13) and La Tour Maubourg (line 8).

Rude and unhelpful :(

by whitelilysummerain

In Paris I found that people serving you acted like you were putting them out. You often get a snappy answer before you even finished the sentance.
I was charged more than I should of been for drinks in Jardin des Tuileries, which I figured would be more effort than it was worth to argue about.
At first I found the way I was looked at very threatening, like I would be targeted because I was a tourist but I got used to it eventually.
One of my party got lost on our first night, a call from England had took all their credit ( the same then happened to me) and it took several hours to find someone who would let him use a phone to ring me for the Hotel address. One person asked for his mobile phone in exchange, another took money off him for a phone card and then gave him one with no credit on it after that night he was convinced that the French really dislike the English.
A police man bruised his arm while he quite clearly told him in English to **** OFF!
We only just got into our boarding gate by 5 minutes due to Britsih Airways staff at CDG airport sending us the wrong way one person just shrugged without even trying, and we had arrived more than two hours before our flight.
And they drive like maniacs crossing a road is like an extreme sport, even with traffic lights, I certainly think I would of enjoyed my trip to Paris more had we encountered friendlier people.
At first I put the nonchalance of effort down to Paris not needing the tourism to survive, but very few were actually pleasant even to each other so it must just be the way they are. I wouldn't of believed how agro they are without provocation without actually seeing it for myself, as I try to see the positive in everyone but I was really shocked more than once as there was just no need for it.
I'm sad I have come away from Paris with such a low opinion of its people.

Street Artists in Paris are...

by joecooper

Street Artists in Paris are unmatched by any other city across the globe! The best musicians can be found in the Metro -their tunes echoing down the corridors. Some often board the carriages and serenade your journey - most of these do not even want any money! My favourites were a guy on a xylophone and another with an accordion who actually sounded like an entire orchestra he was so skilled. If they are good give them 5/10 FF or whatever you can spare. If you really love them, the best usually have CDs you can buy.

Another hub of activity is Montmatre where there are more performing artists such as clowns and classical emotion acting along with the always clever moving statues. If you don't know what I'm on about then you'll have to find out won't you!? Montmatre along with Square G. Pompidou have lots of portrait artists too, which vary widely in talent!

Comments