Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

53, ter Quai des Grands Augustins, 6th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France

Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Nice Hotel, Great People, Great Location

EXCELLENT LOCATION-within walking distance of the Louvre and Notre Dame. Rooms were clean and big enough that my sister and I had some room to spread out. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. If Christina is there, say Hi from me. Kitchen came in very handy as did the free coffee in the morning. Breakfast was 9 Euros. I was happy with grabbing a double espresso and having some bread and cheese in the room. My sister likes American style cereal which we got at the Monoprix.

There were three internet connected computers in the lobby, but one was broken most of the time and depending on the time of day it was sometimes difficult to get one.

The TV had CNN and BBC, but what we really liked was the French station that showed American movies in French subtitles. We saw American Pie and Dead Man Walking.

The only strange thing was when we got to the room, the lights wouldn't work. We were getting ready to go ask the desk what was wrong when I noticed a fixture by the door. It had the same name on it as my room card. I stuck my card in it and everything turned on. I had never seen a feature like that, but seems like a good energy conversation measure.

I don't know what we were charged for the room because it was part of a package, but the whole deal seemed to be very reasonable.

Unique Quality: Towel warmer
    Internet in the Lobby
    Free Coffee in lobby

Directions: Latin Quarter

More about Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres

Surprisingly Great!

by TripAdvisor Member Ready4Road

I recently took a 4 day trip to Paris with a friend. Unfortunatlely (or fortunately) I had to leave the accomodation booking to practically the last minute. I was looking for an apartment in the Marais - Left Bank area. However, everything I was interested in was booked. I had heard of Aparthotels and decided to give it a try with the Citadines St. Germain des Pres because it looked like a great location. The previous Tripadvisor reviews praised this aspect, but gave it pretty much a thumbs down on the service and staff. I had an entirely different and welcome experience. The staff were extremely helpful on many occasions and so, so pleasant. I can't fault them. The room was very spacious and well appointed with flat screen TV, mini sound system and fully equipped kitchenette. We really appreciated the little corridor that separated the bathroom from the main room, so noise was never an issue. Beds were very comfortable, although the hotel is right on the quai de Grands Augustins which is quite noisy, the room was in the back and very, very quiet. I have been to Paris several times so I do have a basis for comparison, and I can safely say that I will be returning to this Citadine.

Great experience-am returning this December

by TripAdvisor Member jefarr

I stayed with my husband and three children, age range 4-14, at Citadines St-Germain-des-Pres. We arrived late December and stayed over until early January. It was a fantastic experience. We arrived and were directed to a large modern apartment with plenty of room to accommodate all of us comfortably. The furniture is modern and functional (which was fine for us as we were not looking for lavish or bed & breakfast antique decor). The desk staff were polite and helpful. Upon check-in they gave us a map of St Germain and highlighted where the nearest supermarket was without us having to ask. An additional bed for our four year old was delivered and installed immediately upon arrival. The small kitchen was immaculate and well appointed. The hotel position is amazing-walking distance to the the Louvre, Notre Dame, great restaurants. When our child fell ill on New Years Eve the desk staff obtained an English-speaking doctor for us who came straight to the room in just over an hour after the call. We didn't use the breakfast buffet at the hotel but it looked fairly basic so I would recommend venturing out to one of the local patisseries or breakfast in your apartment if you've got kids. Overall a great experience. We are returning to the Citadines St Germain this December.

Modern, Clean, New, Large Rooms and a PEFECT Location!!

by TripAdvisor Member Paradegirl_nyc

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment at the Citadines Paris Saint-Germain-des-Prés Apart‘hotel from Saturday September 1st through Wednesday September 5th. I had read the mixed reviews on here and was blown away by my Citadines experience. I was traveling with my parents and this was the perfect solution to not getting 2 small rooms in a small hotel! The hotel overlooks the Seine and is only ½ block from Pont Neif. We walked to the Lourve in under 10 minutes as well as explored San Germain (located down the streets behind the hotels) for many of our meals. Notre Dame was less than a 10 minute walk as well/

The room was modern and spacious for Paris. There was a small flat screen TV in the main “living” area as well as one in the bedroom. There was a spacious desk with internet available free via modem (just plug in the Ethernet cord and you are on). The desk had a side table that pulled out into a table you could use to eat on. There were extra chairs in one of the closets as well. The couch pulled out into 2 single beds. I only needed one, so I left the other bed, a trundle or captain’s bed, under the sofa. The bathroom was quite nice with a full shower with high shower head, heated towel rack and just enough towels for 4. There were no washcloths – which I later learned is typical for Paris. The toilet was in a separate room down the hall by the kitchen – which actually worked out well. There was a small kitchen with a small fridge, stove top, microwave and mini-dishwasher. This was the best feature for us as we could bring in beverages for night. There were 2 hanging closets and 1 linen closet that could be used for clothes as well as a small safe. I do not remember a clock in the room, although we did use the phone service for wake up calls. We did not get the room cleaned while we were there; I believe it is 5 days before that is included. When we needed more tissues or toilet paper, the front desk was happy to provide these items.

The hotel staff could not have been nicer. We did not expect to use them as a concierge, although they were happy to point us in the right direction. Many times we saw the Assistant Manager sitting in the lobby with a map showing guests where to go. We did not expect them to carry our bags either, and carts were available in the lobby. They arranged taxi’s for us to the airport and stored our bags for us the day we departed until it was time to leave. (Expect about 50 Euro via taxi from the airport to the hotel.)

We only got coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby each morning as we went into San Germain to the many bakeries to get fresh pastries and croissants each morning. It looked like a basic continental breakfast, but for 9 Euro a person, we didn’t think it was worth it.

This hotel, as well as this chain, is a hidden gem in Paris! The location was fantastic and the quality of the accommodations was top notch – 4 stars at least. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel and will continue to return to this hotel on my future trips to Paris.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Perfection....is close!

by TripAdvisor Member NG_Travel

The hotel was in a perfect location in front of the Seine near Notre Dame Cathedral,the Halles shoping center and Louvre museum,also near a metro and Rer station. Located in St-Germain des Prés a very animated quarter.

The room is well furnished...Microwave-oven, dishwasher, refrigerator
and flat screen TV...You have free wifi (in the room) and free cofee at the front desk...If you need you room to be clean it cost 20 euro per day...The staff is very polite and helpful...

What a wonderful experience!

by TripAdvisor Member loru

We just spent a wonderful month at this Citadines. I certainly wonder at some of the reviews I am reading. They don't resemble the place we stayed in.

We were in a one bedroom apartment which was in the back so it was quiet. It had been recently renovated and was immaculate. We loved the small kitchen and never did try their breakfast as it was so easy to buy pastry and fruit in the neighborhood. (Rue Buci is so close)...a little creme fraiche and voila! a great breakfast in our room. We had two televisions and a large desk in the second room made it easy to do any paperwork we had. Computer hookup was quick and easy.

We found the service perfect. The staff answered our many questions, and in many cases made reservations at restaurants for us. Unlike others, we loved having the maid service once a week. It was a pleasure not to be disturbed. In a few instances we needed things and a simple request brought them to us.

We loved this facility and would return. What a location! The only problem we found was that the elevator needed servicing on two occasions...but that was minor. The only bad thing is that now we would never stay in a "plain hotel"..having a small kitchen makes a vacation perfect.

Great location, modern hotel apartment

by TripAdvisor Member madeleineUk

The other reviews do not do justice to the location. It's in St. Germain, on the river, across from the Pont Neuf and the lovely little garden Vert Galant. Turn right and you can see Notre Dame. The Louvre is five minutes walk acorss the Pont Neuf. In two minutes walk, you are at Rue de Buci with its cafés, food shops and in the heart of St Germain. The Quai is busy and you will have to pay more for a premium room if you want to be at the front.
We were in apartment 1001 for 3 nights, on the ground floor overlooking a small courtyard garden at the back half of the hotel. With the windows open, we could hear no traffic. There was a queen-sized bed in one bedroom, also equipped with a flat-screen TV and a small cupboard. Outside a small corridor with a much larger closet, including ironing board and vacuum cleaner, small safe and shelving. The loo is separate from the bathroom. The shower was not a power shower but the whole apartment including the bathrooms (the loo is separate) were newly renovated. When we asked for extra pillows, they were available, but the blankets were rather thin!
The air conditioning is efficient, the carpets in the apartment looked like a throwback to a 1970's acid party but otherwise we could not fault the neutral decor.
The second room has a sofa which detaches into two separate single beds - and they were comfortable, unlike most sofa beds. They were easy to put away to use the room as a sitting room during the day. This room also contained a large desk and extra table which could be easily set up for eating. There were four chairs and another flat screen TV. (French channels plus MTV, CNN, BBC World).
The kitchen was small but immaculate with a fridge, dishwasher, microwave/oven, extractor and two hot plates and more than enough plates, glasses, pots and pans to meet the requirements of four people.
If you are looking for a romantic paris experience, with blowsy chinz curtains and deep romantic beds, this is not the hotel for you (although this is certainly the arondissement you should be staying in). But for anyone wanting a short city break, especially families, this is a great deal, especially since you have a fully functioning kitchen and are surrounded by fabulous food shops. Eating out - and taking drinks in cafés can quickly get expensive so you can save some money if only by eating breakfast in your room (don't ear the hotel breakfast in the lobby). The bakeries on the Rue de Buci open early, every day.
There are three computers in the lobby and connections in the rooms (although we didn't use this). There's a parking garage under the hotel and laundry machines in the basement.

There was a slight drawback about noise - not from the street but the apartment doors to the corridor were thin and we sometimes heard people in the corridor. When you are sleeping, this is less of a problem as you can shut the bedroom door and have the small internal corridor between to act as a buffer. The plumbing was also a bit noisy from the rooms above - something I've only ever encountered before in older hotels in the district.

Fantastic - loved the whole experience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Paul_Rachel

We stayed there after being given a choice of about four different hotels around Paris from our travel agent. We decided on this one, after being recommended to stay in this particular area of Paris. After booking with our agent we then started reading some terrible reviews on here and started to get slightly worried. Thankfully for us these turned out not to be the case for us.

We found the staff really happy, courteous and extremely helpful with nothing being too much trouble. We were pleasantly surprised with our room, finding it not only clean but had a fantastic view and really quite spacious. As for the location - first rate!! Not only would we stay here again, we have recommended to friends and family.
Paul & Rachel, Nedlands, Western Australia

No service at all.

by TripAdvisor Member CondeR

No service hotel at all. You have to carry your bags all over the place. New apts are not aligned, floorwise, with old ones. So, when you step out elevator and you think you have reached your floor you will have to carry again all your bags 4 steps up to reach your room. Terrible. When you ask for help-sorry sir no service. I was with my daughter and wife w/ 3 large bags.(traveling in France for 20 days)
Cleaning service(paid) is terrible and lazy.

Great Location, Very Safe, and Modern-Clean

by TripAdvisor Member JaniceSanAntonioTX

My grandaughter (age 17) and I stayed at thisCitadines for over a week. Even though there were a few negatives,like having to ask four days in a row to have the room cleaned up and the towels re-freshed, it was a great stay. The staff is helpful, friendly, but not tooo friendly. The hotel feels and seems very safe; for us, two women travelling alone, this factor is significant. The rooms are quiet, also a plus. But the greatest element is the location. We were in walking distance of the Louvre, Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville, Shakespeare's bookshop, and the Pompidou. A Champion's grocery store is about two blocks away--convenient. We ate several times at Mamalina's--a hole in the wall Italian--very near the hotel. Our favorite is a great little bistro, Les Augustins, just a bit further down the street toward Notre Dame. My beautiful granddaughter who is a really foodie thinks that this is the best. She recommends the gratin du jambon. Finally, we ate in a not-touristy French restaurant, Ze Kitchen Gallerie. right around the corner from the Citadines. Walk a few feet past the sign for the Citadines Parking Garage on the side street. Even a blase French puppy dog resting under one of the tables communicated that this restaurant is the place to be! The restaurant deserves its good review in the Michelin Red Guide. There are many, many tourists in the neighborhood, but I hope to stay at this Citadines again and again.

Location advice, please

by Orta

My family of four plan to visit Paris and have not yet decided which apartment to stay:
Citadines Louvre, rue Richelieu
Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Prés, quai des Grans Augustins

Can anyone tell me if there are supermarkets or street markets close to these apartments?
Merci.

RE: Location advice, please

by CALSF

Both are good locations but I prefer the St. Germain location as I personally favor the 6th district more than the 1st where the rue Richelieu apt. is located.

There are more independent grocery stores than supermarkets although you can find a few like 8 a 8 and Monoprix in the St. Germain district. Also there's a small street market on rue de Buci.

RE: RE: Location advice, please

by adelinemmc

I agree. I'd go for the St Germain location. The market at rue Buci is fab indeed and you can stroll in the small street around.

You are also not very far from the Luxembourg gardens which is a nice green space for the kids to play.

A.

RE: RE: Location advice, please

by Roadquill

These are what at 10 minute walk from one another, on either side of the river? St. Germain will probably be noisier, closer to the left bank scene. Most of the places on the quai's tend to get a lot of traffic, pedestrian and car. r Buci is a neat little area. I remember a great chocolate / sweet place right by the church. You are a short walk to the d'Orsay It should be quieter on Richelieu and you are very close to the Louvre, Jardin Tuilleries. Check tripadvisor.com for comments on these two places.

Comments