Citea Lilas d'Espagne Paris

More about Paris

Potted petunias, Jardin du LuxembourgPotted petunias, Jardin du Luxembourg

The Conciergerie, ParisThe Conciergerie, Paris

Mural on the WallMural on the Wall

Drunk guy at the park, cops escorting him outDrunk guy at the park, cops escorting him out

my passport will expire July 26 2011, I will travel jan 9-17th 2011, do I need to renew my passport

by 9tigers

before jan? I think I read somewhere I have to have my passport valid 6 months after my travel or something, if that is the case, my passport will still be valid is it not?
I am going to the office this afternoon, they can tell me that as well right?
if they say it will be fine, and will I for sure not get into some issues when I travel?

Re: my passport will expire July 26 2011, I will travel jan 9-17th 2011,

by dustmon

You should be OK with that---you have time to get a new one, tho-----
It is no fun to be told you cannot get on the plane if there is a problem!
Good luck!

Re: my passport will expire ......................

by planxty

I believe it depends on where you want to travel to. I have visited countries where they require a six month validity from date of arrival, other countries do not. Check with the embassy / website of the country you intend to visit.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

do I need to renew my passport

by xymmot

six months is usually the norm, but if you have the time, send your passport out and get a new one. In the USA it takes about three weeks and if we really want it for reasons unknown, we can go to the office and get one in 24hrs with extra fees. Cheers Tommy x

Re: my passport will expire July 26 2011, I, do I need to renew my passport

by xymmot

going to France Jan 9-17 2011 should not be a concern for expire passport unless you continue travel for months at a time like some VT'ers I know. When the passport expires in July, you should be in the USA right? If so, just renew it and be ready to travel again. Cheers Tommy x

by 9tigers

I called the office and she told me it is best I renew it since it will be just at the edge of 6 months. so I just went there and filled the apple and will renew it :)

Re: my passport will expire J 9-17th 2011, do I need to renew my passport

by leics

You made the right decision. It is always best to cover yourself against excessively-strict immigration officials, wherever they may be. Saves any potential hassle (which is always worthwhile, imo).

by 9tigers

yap do not want any trouble

Re: my passport will expire July 26 2011,

by wise23girl

Good...that is what I do ...err on the side of caution. I just renewed mine... a little early but now I have one with the latest chip...or whatever it is.

Have a great journey

Re: my passport will expire July 26 2011,

by Beausoleil

In theory your passport must be valid until July 17 so you should be safe. However, if there is any problem that delays your leaving, you could have a problem. We ran into an ash cloud cancelling hundreds of flights for days on end. There is also the possibility of an accident of some sort requiring hospitalization that has happened to my parents. It's best to renew and have one less worry as you travel. You made a good decision to renew it.

Enjoy your trip. You certainly are doing an excellent job of planning.

by 9tigers

and u guys are making my planning a lot easier :)

Re: my passport will expire July 26 2011, I will travel jan 9-17th 2011,

by Lurchizo

As said by others some countries need it to be valid for a further six months past your time of travel but others do not. No sense chancing it as I had a friend did a stop in Saudi on the way back from Singapore and they would not let him lay over as his passport would expire two months after his landing. You should be able to get your new passport within two weeks I would think so get a new one before you leave.

did that , ty all

Travel Tips for Paris

NO FIREWORKS ON NEW YEAR'S EVE

by luzmaria

I was quite disappointed cos as a matter of fact there were no fireworks last year or the year before in new year's. only drunk people looking at the eiffel tower from trocadero (in front of it)...

the only day you can see AWESOME fireworks above the eiffel tower is on july 14th. and it's worth it.

Easy way to find street numbers.

by pfsmalo

A thing to remember when you're searching for a street number on a map is that in Paris the street numbers of streets parallel (roughly) with the Seine run from East to West. That means that a street such as "Rue de Rivoli" has its no. 1 near to St. Paul and its last numbers close to the "Place de la Concorde". This is true on both sides of the Seine. I.e. Blvd. St. Germain begins near the IMA and finishes at the Senate building. The difference is with North/South running streets. They run away from the Seine, i.e. the no.1 of any of these streets is always close to the Seine and the higher nos. are out towards the Peripherique. This is also true whether on the left or right bank of the Seine.

Paris 2001 - Bohemian Montmartre

by Kodi01

This was my first visit to Paris and this lovely location on top of the hill is the Montmartre area.

At the bottom of the hill is an artsy district with artist showing their masterpieces.

The weather was fantastic for being the end of October and Halloween was alive in the city. The Eiffel Tower, I went back to Paris in 2002 and will probably go again this year 2003.

Greetings!

by suhadis

Always always start with "Bonjour" when starting a conversation anywhere - at the restaurant, at the ticket counters etc.. even though you don't speak the language. From then onwards you can enquire if they do speak English (Parlez-vous anglais?). Learning some French phrases would really help out as not all French people are conversant in English. And if you ever choose this path, do pick up an audio guide and not a French phrase book as english speakers sometime fail to connect the pronounciation and the spelling of words. So on an audio guide you memorise by entire sentences...

Speak French!

by sabsi

Speak French! People appreciate if you do. I tried my best - which really isn't a lot - and I survived somehow. If you don't speak French - take a dictionary, anyway. It will be useful because announcements in the Metro, lots of menus and descriptions are only available in French language!! Even in Disneyland all the puppets speak French!!!!

Comments