Citea Residence La Defense Place Charras

Costs 50% less but rated 18% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Pont Alexandre III, ParisPont Alexandre III, Paris

grocery store, Parisgrocery store, Paris

Panthéon - Pendule de Foucault.Panthéon - Pendule de Foucault.

Moulin RougeMoulin Rouge

Montmartre

by Esse13

Hello I've planned to go in Paris the next weekend with some friends. Do you have some suggestion for restaurants or bistrots not very expensive in the area of Montmartre?
Thank you in advance for your replies.

by johngayton

I quite liked "Au Cadet de Gasconne" at 4 Place du Tertre (on the main "artist's" square). Good provincial French food and very typical Parisienne service. Not particularly cheap but about average for Montmartre.

by tmpaca

Le Bistro de Montmartre, rue Rachel is nice, good food and prices.

by sweetkoala

here's a list of restaurants in the 18th (A part of Montmatre area is in the 18th arrondissement)

Travel Tips for Paris

Changing notes of big denominations

by anoum

Parisians seem to use credit cards to pay for almost everything so many places do not have enough notes to give you the change if you want to pay with notes of big denominations despite the amount you may have incurred. My Parisian friend tells me she doesn't normally see notes bigger than 20 Euro. From my experience, it is possible to get notes of big denominations changed at the Post Office. You have to buy something there (in my case, I had a 500 Euro note and I bought Xmas cards that cost 6 Euro) and the person in charge will change it for you without a blink.

Take a day and walk around the...

by teitss

Take a day and walk around the city to get yourself acquainted with at the tremendous amount of things to see Easting lunch at Jeles Verne( sp ??)in the Eiffel Tour over looking the entire city of Paris

One more for good times sake. ...

by Jschukal

One more for good times sake. Please don't fall asleep, this the last on from the tower. Hey, I took the stairs up, I was going to shoot some film!!! By the way, yes, that's me, not Hercules. So easy to get the two confused! The black is some crappy panaramic function on my camera. What a waste. I don't really know what's going on with my shirt there, I guess I thought it was Friday night in brooklyn and you know, Italian guys like to show off the pecs and gold for the ladies. Wait, I'm not Italian. Again, I don't know what's going on with my shirt.

Typical Back Street Pub - Latin Quarter

by Mikebb

We had walked to the Pantheon on rue de Soufflot and then continued on past the adjoining church Genevieve, walking down rue Valette you can admire some local restaurants and apartment buildings as you quickly come to the square where Le Pub is located on the corner of rue Lanneau. This is a lively place with tables and chairs outside and people enjoying a drink and something to eat.

It looked like the local pub, a nice place to pass a few hours. Should you not feel like a beer just wander around the square, listen to the music and admire some of the old buildings.

Shaking hands with Parisian mime

by matcrazy1

Shaking hands with Parisian mime?, why not? look at my picture, please :-).

Haha, I can't stop laughing. Look, what happened today (15 Jan 2004). A women, new VT-er living in Paris e-mailed that she found... her husband for the first time in internet just on my pictures and asked me when I took these pics of her husband named Alexandre. I took them in September 1993.
Isn't the world small? Btw the husband was very, very sympathetic :-).

Comments