Climat de France Reuilly

Good For No Data

More about Paris

Visiting The Eiffel Tower, ParisVisiting The Eiffel Tower, Paris

Avenue des Champs-ElyseesAvenue des Champs-Elysees

Entrance to "Roger the Frog's"!!!!Entrance to "Roger the Frog's"!!!!

The Mont BlancThe Mont Blanc

Travel from Paris to Sainte Maxime

by leanneedwards

My friend and I are planning a trip to Sainte Maxime.. I thought we could fly to Paris for a couple of days on either end of the trip... but how do we get from Paris to Sainte Maxime.. or if we were to fly to Sainte Maxime from the USA where would the closest or most convenient airport and land travel be??

by leanneedwards

thank you I will check that out!!

by nomad7890

Marseille and Toulon do look closer - but if you would like to see Cannes and maybe Monte Carlo and Eze (beautiful village) - you could fly into Nice and again, take the train.

Another consideration is which airport has the most flights - I've flown into Nice only so I don't know about the others.

by nomad7890

... and personally, when it comes to Paris I will fly into Paris any time, but avoid flying out like the plague - won't go into details, I just don't fly out of Paris unless I don't have the time to go some place else - but I make the time.

by leanneedwards

thank you all!! We may just stay in Paris and enjoy it's beauty!!

Travel Tips for Paris

Walk through the centre as the...

by Pavlik_NL

Walk through the centre as the most beautiful buildings, monuments, attractions, riverscenes, views and parks are all so close from one another. walking gives you the opportunity to enjoy everything to the fullest and, yes ... you need many days to see it all. Paris can make you fall from one amazement into the next and in the evening (when one by one the light go on) everything is again different and you can make the same walks with the idea that you've been never there before. Enjoying the view from Tour Montparnasse at nightfall during a warm summer's evening. Great!!!

Eiffel Tower 3

by bakpakchik

Something I have yet to see in a postcard. But let me tell you a secret .... I saw the same shot in a newspaper just weeks after my return home. A press photographer photographing some kind of protest staged by performing artists had captured the same angle and even the same graffiti. I must have been on to a good thing ....

Paris Spring Weather

by BeatChick

Weather in Paris is a rather unpredictable bird. It ranges from cold & wet to hot & sunny.

Weather in March
I first went to Paris the 3rd week of March in 2001. Weather vacillated between slightly rainy/cold to sunny/cold. But the flowers (Easter lilies?) had JUST sprung up from the ground in the area behind Nôtre Dame. Beautiful! A bit nippy - what I call great walking weather, plus the crowds were smaller, and had a great time. And didn't see too many Americans.

But for me off-season is better as air fares are cheaper ($378 roundtrip from Cincy to London) and I detest hot weather and crowds.

Weather in April
I've also been to Paris in April in 2002 & 2003. In 2002 the Easter Paris weather was rainy, damp, cold, dreary. But in 2003 the entire Easter week was hot & sunny with some rain just on the last day which was Easter Sunday.

So be prepared in Spring to bring layers of clothing & an umbrella. If you get hot you can shed some of those layers; if you get cold then layer up. You never know what the day will bring you. And you just might be pleasantly surprised with some glorious weather!

Photo: March 2001 Seeing the flowers in bloom during early spring my first trip to Paris - I couldn't believe they were already coming out in March. Just another reason to go to Paris during the off-season.

Typical tourists go up to the...

by pginer

Typical tourists go up to the Eiffel Tower to see Paris from its tip.
But Parisineans prefer the view from the Triumph Arch. You should try both and try to guess Parisineans preferences.
This is a picture from the Triumph Arch view. A friend of mine pasted three pictures that I took. You can see from the Eiffel Tower to the Sacre Cour.

Beachvolleyball at the place de Hotel de Ville

by sachara

The last time I was surprised to see the transformation of the Place de L'Hotel de Ville into a sandy beach with even palmtrees. I expected the sand at the Paris Plage not far from there, but not here.

With the historical building as background it was nice to see that several teams were playing a beachvolleybal competition, but it looks like several players were playing for fun as well. Though it was tempting, being a volleyballplayer myself, I only stayed for a while as a spectator.

Comments