Comfort Hotel Mouffetard-Latin

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Budget Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

BEWARE! Housekeeping steals and no one cares

by written on November 29, 2010

The location might be great and the rooms inexpensive, but it's NOT worth it!! Housekeeping habitually steals and management could care less.

I was keeping $193 US dollars locked in my suitcase. Housekeeping not only found the locked compartment in my suitcase, they also found the key (which I had hidden in the back of my closet), unlocked the suitcase, and took $100 of the $193. Since they only took half the money, I honestly probably wouldn't have even noticed the stolen money except for the fact that just that morning I had counted my money (I was checking to see if I had enough money to pay a friend back. I had enough. I had $193). I checked my money again later that night (so I could pay my friend back), and now I only had $93

They had also gone through my friends bags, since my friends noticed their belongings had all been moved around and riffled through (and a deck of previously unused cards was open and scattered on the desk, etc.)

So obviously the houskeeping at this hotel habitually steals from guests. They go through everyone's belongings, know where to look for money, and know how to steal it in a way that isn't easily noticed (for example, they only took half my money, which would probably lead most people to mistakenly believe they had just brought less money than they remembered)

When I tried to tell the hotel, they could completely care less. I first told the front desk Saturday night when I noticed the lost money. The front desk man asked me a few silly questions that didn't matter, then told me to come back in the morning when the assistant manager would be in. True, he wasn't dismissive, but it was obvious from his attitude that he didn't really care. When I came back in the morning and repeated the story of the stolen money, however, the new front desk man told me the assistant manger wasn't in until Monday. When I told the front desk man that we were checking out that day and I wouldn't be around on Monday, can you guess how he responded? He gave a careless shrug and grinned "sorry." Completely dismissive.

So yeah, housekeeping routinely and sneakily steals, and the management absolutely cares less and does nothing to help you or to stop the stealing. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!! It's not worth the cheaper price of the hotel, considering they'll rob any savings right back from you.

Directions: The area is incredible - lots of subway stops nearby and it's in a quaint area. Feel free to find a hotel in this area....just NOT this particular hotel!

tbickle's Profile Photo

Not bad, but not big

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 20, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in 2003.

The good: the hotel day staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel had an elevator, which was good, because we were on the fourth floor. Our window had a nice view of the neighborhood. The hotel is literally a few steps away from restaurants and bars, making unplanned dinners very convenient. I agree with others who've praised its location: close to Metro line, the Pantheon, and excellent dining locations.

The bad: the night staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, denying my wife with a sore back a second pillow. No explanation, no politeness, just: "no." The hotel is literally a few steps away from restaurants and bars, making late-night revelry and noise a constant irritation. The room and shower were teeny-tiny. It didn't trouble me much as we didn't spend much time there, but I could see it being an issue for others. They had a slow Internet-connected "computer," a bizarre, kiosk-like apparatus that I found a little too expensive to use. We went down the street to use an Internet cafe instead.

Unique Quality: The lady at the front desk during the day (I wish I could remember her name) had a wonderful demeanor and beautiful voice as she greeted us: "Bonjour!" It is one of my lasting and favorite memories.

Directions: It's at the corner or rue Mouffetard and rue Pot de Fer, near Place Monge.

mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Comfort inn Mouffetard

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 27, 2007

We were in Parisin December and stayed in nice little hotel near the Latin quarter and the Pantheon - the hotel was on rue Moffetard which is a very nice street with a market at the end and it has a nearby Metro Place Monge - the name of the hotel is Comfort Inn Moufetard on rue mouffetard 56 - if you go there send my greetings to Mrs. Elisabeth who was very nice and friendly.
We stayed there for 4 nights and it was OK. The rooms are very small but clean.

Unique Quality: The location is wonderful because Mouffetard street is a lovely cosy street with a market at its end.

Directions: Metro Place Monge

A sticky night

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 10, 2007

The Comfort Hotel Mouffetard was the only reasonable deal we found when looking for a one night-accommodation option in Paris' 5th arrondissement. We booked a "Budget Room" for 95 EUR and didn't expect too much. Like this we weren't too disappointed when we didn't get much ;)

Unique Quality: The room we stayed in was tiny, there was hardly any space for luggage or to walk. It was clean though so that was alright, after all we had booked the "Budget Room". The night turned into a nightmare though. It was hot and we couldn't really leave the window wide open because there was a restaurant smell outside and everybody could look into our room. The bed was as tiny as the room with a width of only 120 cms! We had to fight for space all night. Plus in the morning when one of our neighbours had a bad cough it sounded as if he was standing next to our bed. A terrible night. I wouldn't stay here again.

The location, right on the corner of Rue Mouffetard and Rue du Pot de Fer is perfect. The city centre with Notre Dame, Centre Pompidou etc is in walking distance. We didn't even take the Metro once while we were staying here.

Directions: Metro: Place Monge

Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Comfort Inn

by written on May 24, 2003

The rooms are tiny and leave something to desire but the location is fantastic. It is in the heart of the Latin Quarter, a short walk from to the pantheon. Of course with the Metro no place is far in Paris.

Unique Quality: At night the street this hotel is on becomes a night market and a hangout for students from the Sorbonne.

Directions: Rue Mouffetard

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Comfort Hotel Mouffetard-Latin

• Wheelchair Accessible

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews