Comfort Hotel Mouffetard-Latin

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• BEWARE! Housekeeping steals and no one cares

The location might be great and the rooms inexpensive, but it's NOT worth it!! Housekeeping habitually steals and management could care less.

I was keeping $193 US dollars locked in my suitcase. Housekeeping not only found the locked compartment in my suitcase, they also found the key (which I had hidden in the back of my closet), unlocked the suitcase, and took $100 of the $193. Since they only took half the money, I honestly probably wouldn't have even noticed the stolen money except for the fact that just that morning I had counted my money (I was checking to see if I had enough money to pay a friend back. I had enough. I had $193). I checked my money again later that night (so I could pay my friend back), and now I only had $93

They had also gone through my friends bags, since my friends noticed their belongings had all been moved around and riffled through (and a deck of previously unused cards was open and scattered on the desk, etc.)

So obviously the houskeeping at this hotel habitually steals from guests. They go through everyone's belongings, know where to look for money, and know how to steal it in a way that isn't easily noticed (for example, they only took half my money, which would probably lead most people to mistakenly believe they had just brought less money than they remembered)

When I tried to tell the hotel, they could completely care less. I first told the front desk Saturday night when I noticed the lost money. The front desk man asked me a few silly questions that didn't matter, then told me to come back in the morning when the assistant manager would be in. True, he wasn't dismissive, but it was obvious from his attitude that he didn't really care. When I came back in the morning and repeated the story of the stolen money, however, the new front desk man told me the assistant manger wasn't in until Monday. When I told the front desk man that we were checking out that day and I wouldn't be around on Monday, can you guess how he responded? He gave a careless shrug and grinned "sorry." Completely dismissive.

So yeah, housekeeping routinely and sneakily steals, and the management absolutely cares less and does nothing to help you or to stop the stealing. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!! It's not worth the cheaper price of the hotel, considering they'll rob any savings right back from you.

Directions: The area is incredible - lots of subway stops nearby and it's in a quaint area. Feel free to find a hotel in this area....just NOT this particular hotel!

• tbickle's Profile Photo

Not bad, but not big

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in 2003.

The good: the hotel day staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel had an elevator, which was good, because we were on the fourth floor. Our window had a nice view of the neighborhood. The hotel is literally a few steps away from restaurants and bars, making unplanned dinners very convenient. I agree with others who've praised its location: close to Metro line, the Pantheon, and excellent dining locations.

The bad: the night staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, denying my wife with a sore back a second pillow. No explanation, no politeness, just: "no." The hotel is literally a few steps away from restaurants and bars, making late-night revelry and noise a constant irritation. The room and shower were teeny-tiny. It didn't trouble me much as we didn't spend much time there, but I could see it being an issue for others. They had a slow Internet-connected "computer," a bizarre, kiosk-like apparatus that I found a little too expensive to use. We went down the street to use an Internet cafe instead.

Unique Quality: The lady at the front desk during the day (I wish I could remember her name) had a wonderful demeanor and beautiful voice as she greeted us: "Bonjour!" It is one of my lasting and favorite memories.

Directions: It's at the corner or rue Mouffetard and rue Pot de Fer, near Place Monge.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Comfort inn Mouffetard

We were in Parisin December and stayed in nice little hotel near the Latin quarter and the Pantheon - the hotel was on rue Moffetard which is a very nice street with a market at the end and it has a nearby Metro Place Monge - the name of the hotel is Comfort Inn Moufetard on rue mouffetard 56 - if you go there send my greetings to Mrs. Elisabeth who was very nice and friendly.
    We stayed there for 4 nights and it was OK. The rooms are very small but clean.

Unique Quality: The location is wonderful because Mouffetard street is a lovely cosy street with a market at its end.

Directions: Metro Place Monge

• A sticky night

The Comfort Hotel Mouffetard was the only reasonable deal we found when looking for a one night-accommodation option in Paris' 5th arrondissement. We booked a "Budget Room" for 95 EUR and didn't expect too much. Like this we weren't too disappointed when we didn't get much ;)

Unique Quality: The room we stayed in was tiny, there was hardly any space for luggage or to walk. It was clean though so that was alright, after all we had booked the "Budget Room". The night turned into a nightmare though. It was hot and we couldn't really leave the window wide open because there was a restaurant smell outside and everybody could look into our room. The bed was as tiny as the room with a width of only 120 cms! We had to fight for space all night. Plus in the morning when one of our neighbours had a bad cough it sounded as if he was standing next to our bed. A terrible night. I wouldn't stay here again.

The location, right on the corner of Rue Mouffetard and Rue du Pot de Fer is perfect. The city centre with Notre Dame, Centre Pompidou etc is in walking distance. We didn't even take the Metro once while we were staying here.

Directions: Metro: Place Monge

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Comfort Inn

The rooms are tiny and leave something to desire but the location is fantastic. It is in the heart of the Latin Quarter, a short walk from to the pantheon. Of course with the Metro no place is far in Paris.

Unique Quality: At night the street this hotel is on becomes a night market and a hangout for students from the Sorbonne.

Directions: Rue Mouffetard

More about Comfort Hotel Mouffetard-Latin

Good place to stay

I was quite nervous about seeing the Comfort Inn Mouffetard after reading some of the reviews on here! I thought it would be small, dirty and not a nice place to stay - not true! It is true that the best thing about the hotel is the location - it's a busy street with plenty of places to dine and has a very close train stop.

I didn't find the hotel dirty at all, the hairdryer didn't work but I'm yet to find a hotel that provides a decent hairdryer! The room is very small, but as me and my partner had only two bags between us, the size was fine. I guess it depends on how much room you really need for a short trip away...

Paris was great, I'm totally addicted to the crepes with Nutella and I want to go back already! I would stay in the Comfort Inn Mouffetard again, it's priced reasonably, is a good location and the size is perfectly adequate for mine and my partner's needs.

Have a good time in Paris!

P.S. The receptionist is nice!

Great Place To Sleep At Night

by TripAdvisor Member travellator

Stayed in late-October 2004 as part of Eurostar train+hotel package and got an excellent value for the price paid. Front desk personnel are very friendly and helpful. Space in the elevator, room, toilet and washroom are fairly tight, but it's accepted that buildings in Paris are generally small. In the end, it's something you can laugh about because it adds to the experience. Ultimately space does not matter, especially since you're out exploring the city for 12hrs everyday -- all you need the room for is a place to wash up and sleep in, right?! Don't know about other peoples' complaints about the cleanliness as I found my room quite clean, brightly decorated, with no grudginess lurking in the carpets or floors.

Had an upper floor room, facing the rear and had no problems with any sort of street noise. Also was able to keep my luggage in their locked luggage storage room for the day when I checked out. The only minor inconvenience is that while it is only block away from the closest Metro stop, Place Monge, I found that it was kind of out of the way in terms of the Metro lines, almost-always having to do a long-walk transfer through the huge Chatalet/Les Halles stop. Of course, once you get your bearings of the streets, it is not difficult making your way to and from the hotel by foot. Would stay here again if I was going to Paris and wanted a good, clean hotel on a practical budget. Use that saved cash on shopping or the sights.

Friendly clean and comfortable

good location. Very friendly lady anglophile on reception and all you could reasonably ask from an hotel at these rates.
There is a bar 50 yards further (down) along mouffetard with live satellite tv of Premier League soccer (and also I think NFL games).

Too small a room but the location is great

by TripAdvisor Member MrE_Dog

Ok, go here to sleep and nothing else. The room we got was so so so so small that they had to mount the TV the ceiling. I didn't know this at first but there is no such thing as non-smoking room in Paris. So the room smelled like smoke and I did mention how small it was.

The location has it's good and bad points. The subway is not so far away. Mouffetard itself is an awesome location the food selection is excellent. Get crepes up the street. Avoid the Chinese food (on the same street) cuz it's costly and they don't give you much. We had a 4 course dinner near by and that was awesome.

We could not get a shuttle to pick us up fo the airport. We had to walk along ways with our luggage to the other subway station that would lead to the airport. That was a long walk.

The location is beautiful but expect to walk zig zag through the city to get anywhere.

The food rules in PARIS!!!

the Honest true

I stayed at this hotel for 5-nights.......here is the truth without all the nonsense! the hotel is very small. i am 6'3, in the bathroom i had turn around in one spot, no biggy, my room was simply furnished and clean..staff is friendly.....the jewel of this hotel is the location...typical small charming parisien street lots of cafes, bars, laundry if you need it, subway 1 block away....you can walk to notre dame....europe is meant for walking take comfy shoes......don't expect too much especially if you are on a budget......lastly, if you want a nice hotel with all the bells and whistles, in europe, you will definately have to open your wallet much wider!!!!!!!!i love this hotel and don't like unfair reviews.feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
los angeles
cali

Hotels in the latin quarter

by df53

I'm looking for a decent, mid-priced hotel in the latin quarter. So far I've come up with the like of the Modern Saint Germain and the Comfort Inn Mouffetard.

Any opinions on these 2?
Any other suggestions?

thanks
Dave

by CALSF

Not sure of your budget. I stayed at the Abbatial St. Germain (in a triple room however) and I was satisfied totally as it was a 5th fl. room, enough space, spotless bathroom, nice staff, great location, one block from the Seine. I've got it posted as a Paris hotel tip if you're interested.

I have a VT friend who stayed in Dec. at Hotel Residence St. Christophe in the rue Mouffetard area. Very inexpensive and he and his gf loved it. He reported the staff was very nice.

Also there's the Hotel St. Thomas d' Aquin in St. Germain which I never stayed at but would give it a try sometime. It's pretty inexpensive for this district.

by df53

many thanks for the tips. Have opted for the Hotel Minerve. Booked it directly with the hotel so got a pretty good rate of 98 euros per night.

by Pappy17

My brother and sister-in-law stayed at the Minerve, and loved it.

by Ciambella

Don't know when you'll be in Paris, but Hotel Les Argonautes runs €70 for a double room in high season (booked through Eurocheapo). This is what I wrote about the hotel:

It's smack dab in the middle of Latin Quarter.

by Ciambella

Correction: My wife called the hotel up directly. When they asked what rate we saw on the Net, she gave them the rate on Eurocheapo site. It seems they would take the rate from whereever site you give them. The rate is €60 and €65 in other sites if you care to spend the time to search.

by Sofia0412

Have a look at the Hotel rive Gauche http://www.hotelrivegauche.com/, a 2 star hotel at metro stop Saint Germain. The hotel is clean and nice, staff were great when I stayed there...
Have a good trip!

by meheu

try the Timhotel Quartier Latin, http://www.h-quartier-latin.com/ it is a nice 3 stars hotel located in the famous place Monge, nearby the rue Mouffetard and this nice area. Price are correct. The hotel was newly renovated so you won't have any bad surprises.
Enjoy Paris

by Pappy17

If you still are looking for a place, I stayed at the Hotel Port Royal, and it was great. It's located right around the corner from Rue Mouffetard and is close to the Metro.

Here is their website:

www.portroyalhotel.fr.st

You can also go to my Paris Travel Page, too.

Comments