De Diepp Hotel Paris

Orbitz.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about De Diepp Hotel Paris

J. Vernet "Port de Dieppe"J. Vernet "Port de Dieppe"

Statues next to the entranceStatues next to the entrance

Dark display windows at Modern Department.Dark display windows at Modern Department.

Musée du LouvreMusée du Louvre

Trains from CDG Airport

by dianawitt

We would like to travel directly to Reims from CHarles de Gaulle by train. Is that possible, or should we go in to Paris first. Please advise.
Dianaw

by Beausoleil

Looks like you can go directly from CDG to Reims. Of course then you miss Paris . . . ;^)

by cubsur

Well there are only three journeys per day that avoid Paris (the change of train from local train to TGV is made at the station of Champagne-Ardenne) otherwise the journey would involve passing through Paris.

by puerto_lover

The new station 5 kms south of Reims called Champagne-Ardenne (at a locality called Bezannes) is on the fast TGV network. I have not researched the times from Charles de Gaulle to this station but it may well be the preferred option if timings are good.
The route is mentioned on Wikipedia:

by puerto_lover

Having looked up times (as an example for next Wednesday) there appears to be 4 trains leaving Charles de Gaulle at the following hours:

07.46
10.42
12.54
19.53

The journey time to Champagne-Ardenne is 30 minutes. Cost around €30
Look at your date of travel on : http://www.tgv-europe.com/

by rudy.viae

You already have all the info here. I'll just add that you'll find the TGV station in Charles de Gaulle airport at Terminal #2, between halls 2D/2F and 2C/2E, lower level. YOu can see where it's located here: http://www.cdgfacile.com/pages/plan_gare_rer_et_tgv_terminal_2_cdgpag.html

Travel Tips for Paris

I have arrive to Paris a...

by yakacik

I have arrive to Paris a July14th night after 2 days of sleepless train trip from Istanbul when I was on my 20ies.

The firends who met me there did not let me sleep for another 12 hours...

So when in Paris you shouldnt sleep...and walk everywhere Of course Eiffel tower, Louvre museum , Champs-Elysees, Montmartre and so....

I miss the Cassoulet dish I had in the restaurant 'Il etait une oie' and Osso Buco from the Pizzeria Pino in Champs-Elysees

Bottled Water

by CALSF

I love Paris for its drinking water! Truly, the water is potable from the faucets! That means you can save your euro and forego buying massive quantities of bottled water.

Upon arrival in Paris, find a Monoprix or a local grocery and stock up on one large and one smaller bottle of water. When they are depleted just refill them at your hotel's bathroom faucet.

It made no sense to me on subsequent trips to Paris that I should have to pay for new bottles of water. I figured that if I can ask for a carafe d' eau at a restaurant and that water was drinkable, why not the water from my hotel's bathroom faucet as well?

So that's what I have been doing now: refilling my water bottle before I leave my hotel room for the day. Maybe I will buy a second small bottle and refill that too so I'll have a couple bottles of water with me on the road.

Saves alot of euro and every euro saving sure helps we $$ poor Americans visiting Paris these days! :)

Wallace Fountains-Quenching Thirst all over Paris!

by BeatChick

Wallace Fountains are a fast, economical way to quench your thirst. They provide a clean, potable source of water that comes in handy while you're gadding about Paris. The strange thing is, though, that unless you are aware of them they don't really capture your attention, they blend so beautifully into the landscape of Paris. For instance, I had been to Paris twice and had visited Shakespeare & Co. each time and never noticed the tall, graceful one out front. It was only on the 3rd trip, having been made aware of them, that I saw them.

These fountains are just lovely, cast in a pretty green with water running continuously thru the middle (to catch into your water bottle). However, not all of them seem to be working. My last trip I noticed the one in front of Shakespeare & Co. was not running and neither was the one in the Place Emile Goudeau (in Montmartre near the Bateau-Lavoir). The one in the Place des Abbesses and in the Parc Jehan Rictus (both Montmartre) were working perfectly.

The fountains were a gift from Sir Richard Wallace who wanted to provide drinking water to everyone in Paris.

I want to thank VT's own Guyon for writing about it - it was his from his Wallace Fountain tip 2 years ago that I saw my 1st photo of one and he provided the website that listed all the locations.

This website shows a listing of all fountains as well as the history behind them; be sure to print out a copy. Besides procuring water from them it's just plain fun to seek them out. I used the list before the trip to map out the ones that would be in the areas I planned to visit. Then I made it a point to find them. Rather like a treasure hunt!

Photos: April 2003 & Feb 2006

Before visiting France take...

by MooreTravels

Before visiting France take the time to learn some of the basics of the language and some of the cultural differences. Once you have an understanding of these differences your stay in France will be greatly enhanced.

Open your ears and Enjoy Summertime Music

by jakiline

Go to "Place des Vosges", walk around the arcades, and there you may enjoy a free lovely concert: might be classical music, or jazz, or chanson française...The acoustic under these passageways is really good.
I first thought it was music coming out from loudspeakers (unusual here) and then I saw these musicians on the picture : it is a string orchestra playing every weekend.
I volunteered to buy their CD 20 euros: it is a good deal (beautiful version of Vivaldi) and the money goes to their association.

Comments