De Saint Germain Hotel

Satisfaction Average

More about De Saint Germain Hotel

Hotel de Saint-Germain, rue du Four

by Judylo

Has anybody stayed at the Hotel de Saint Germain? I have a reservation there, also one for the Grand Hotels des Balcons, an dI have to cancel one of them before next week! (I leave June 18.) I know the Balcons has gotten a lot of favorable reviews here. I stayed at the Hotel du Dragon in 1998 and I think the Saint Germain was around the corner, and it looked cute. Any advice?--I'll be staying in a single room...

Re: Hotel de Saint-Germain, rue du Four

by YVRDave

I have heard the rooms are small ath the St Germain, have a look

by Judylo

yes, I've heard they're small, too...but I think most single rooms in Paris are small!

Not at The George V

by Judylo

OK, well, I'm talking 2-star hotels that cost under 100 euros a night!

But the George V is only 100/hr

Re: Hotel de Saint-Germain, rue du Four

by GUYON

Hotel de St Germain is close to the corner of rue du Four et Blvd St Germain, near rue du Dragon.
Grand Hotel des Balcons is near the Jardin du Luxembourg.
If you are sensitive with the gardens choose les Balcons. If you prefer the city and the streets choose the first.

thanks, Guyon!

Paris in the fall

Hi everyone,
I'm planning on taking my 11th trip to Paris this fall -- to lessen the sting of my 50th birthday! (I also have an old friend in Paris with the exact same birthday.)

So I'm planning in advance ...

I usually go in May or June. Since I want to be in Paris on October 5, does anybody know if I'll have trouble finding a hotel?--I understand it's Fashion Week then.

Also, has anybody stayed at the Pas de Calais hotel in the 7th? Last summer (when I stayed at the Hotel de Saint Germain, very pretty and great location) I walked by the Pas de Calais and thought it beautiful.

Thanks!
Judy

Re: Paris in the fall

by Judylo

Oops! I guess there's no edit feature here. I meant the Pas de Calais hotel in the SIXTH arrondissement.

Re: Paris in the fall

by rexvaughan

I am not familiar with the Pas de Calais Hotel, but did go to Paris last year in October. I also hit Fashion Week and had to contact numerous hotels before I found one. I suggest you start now trying to book accommodations. I have a couple of suggestions if you want.

October was a nice time to visit as there were not as many tourists and we had very pleasant weather. I don't think you could go wrong anytime in Paris. Congratulations on your upcoming birthday. Life begins at 50!! so you have a lot to look forward to.

Rex

by Judylo

Thanks, Rex! I have a couple of favorite hotels, but just in case they're booked, I could use some other suggestions. I prefer the 6th arrondissement... There's a chance a friend of mine might come with me, but if not, then I'll get a single room, I hope for not more than 120 euros a night. Thanks, Judy

by rexvaughan

The closest place I have stayed to the 6th is in the Marais (3rd I think) at the Hotel Lyon-Mulhouse, 8 Blvd Beaumarchais. It is just of the place de la Bastille and very convenient to the metro there. I am pretty sure you could search and find a website. The tel no is 01 47 00 91 50. The rooms we have had there on two occasions were larger than most and very clean and modern. I think you could get a single room fro about 80 Euro and a double for less than 100. Good luck and have a great time in wonderful Paris.
Rex

by CALSF

Try Hotel St. Thomas d'Aquin which is actually in the 7th on rue du Pres-aux-Clercs. But it's on the St. Germain des Pres side of the 7th.

Rooms are all double size and costs only 129 euros inclusive of the breakfast. I hear the best rooms are the street facing ones.

This is a very low rate considering the great location. But this hotel tends to fill up quickly so if you are interested book now.

by 10028

Congratulations, Judy! I celebrated my 50th in Paris a couple of years ago. A couple of months ahead I told all my friends I would host my own dinner and all they'd have to do is get themselves to Paris. Surprisingly about 10 friends managed the trip, and we had a blast. I've been many times, too, and couldn't think of a better place to turn the big 5-0.

Comments