De Seine

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about De Seine

Another hotel question: Relais Bosquet, Hotel du Danube,Hotel de Seine

by CALSF

I heard about about du Danube alot but really don't know which twin rooms are the best ones.

I don't know much about Relais Bosquet other than people saying it's good but it's in the 7th district, kind of far to walk back to the 5th & 6th districts, no?

What about Hotel de Seine? I have read awful comments about the rooms being shabby-does anyone know if it's still horrible?

I'm leaning towards du Danube but not 100% sure yet.

Re: Another hotel question: Relais Bosquet, Hotel du Danube,Hotel de Seine

by alza

hi CALSF
I have both Hotel du Danube and Hotel de Seine in my guide to charming hotels of Paris. I'll send you pics and some text, scanned, by email.
My guide is over 10 years old but still, hotels that made it in there were special then (for various reasons)
You might like to choose based on your feeling AND recent comments you've seen.

lou

Re: Re: Another hotel question: Relais Bosquet, Hotel du Danube,Hotel de Seine

Hi Alza,

I know Hotel du Danube is rated pretty well-Relais Bosquet also but it's not in the same areas.

But Hotel de Seine was given some negative reviews by former guests about a year or two ago. I don't have any feedback about anyone's comments that are current like within this year so let me know if you heard anything good about it.

Re: Re: Another hotel question: Relais Bosquet, Hotel du Danube,Hotel de Seine

by CALSF

Lou, thanks for the hotel information. Let me know if you have current information about Hotel de Seine. They said they've renovated some of the rooms such as the one pictured on their new website. But that's the only room they show so who knows what the others look like?

by CALSF

Twice I stayed in St. Germain at other hotels and each time I always pass this hotel. From the street you can see the lobby. It looks nice.

However, I've read awful reviews over the past two years about the hotel.

But I am curious to know if anyone has stayed there recently or knows if the hotel has improved. If it's good I may consider staying there on a future visit. The location is great.

by Ladyjacinta

hi, I am scheduled to stay in Moderne St. Germaine in the Latin Qtr. Is this the same hotel in which you are speaking of?

Re: Re: Is anyone familiar with Hotel de Seine on rue de Seine, Paris, St. Germain (6th district)?

by CALSF

Sorry, no, your hotel is different. Plus it's in the 5th district (aka Latin Qtr.); Hotel de Seine is in St. Germain (6th dist.); thanks anyway.

Does anyone know about Hotel de Seine and Hotel Prince de Conde?

by CALSF

They are both on rue de Seine and I cannot find any current reviews and comments about either one.

If you know about these hotels please advise if they are good choices.

Thanks.

s anyone know about Hotel de Seine and Hotel Prince de Conde?

by zuriga

I think you may mean Prince de Conte. A friend of mine stayed there not too long ago and liked it. If nothing else, that's a great neighborhood. She's fairly picky so it's probably just fine.

Re: s anyone know about Hotel de Seine and Hotel Prince de Conde?

Hi Zuriga, thanks.

Actually the hotel I am inquiring about is Hotel Prince de Conde and I believe your friends stayed at their sister hotel, the Prince de Conti. I don't know why they named the two hotels similarly.

The Prince de Conde is on rue de Seine while the Prince de Conti is on rue Guenegaud, both in St. Germain.

I am glad to know that your friends had a good stay at Prince de Conti as it had gotten a few unfavorable comments a few years ago. I guess the management changed for the better.

I'm hoping Prince de Conde is just as good.

Re: Re: s anyone know about Hotel de Seine and Hotel Prince de Conde?

by zuriga

Hi CALSF... that's funny about such similar names. I had no idea there was a sister hotel. :-) In any event, enjoy your stay. I'll be going to Paris quite a lot in the next few years as I've moved to London. Maybe you can let me know how your choice turned out!

Re: Re: s anyone know about Hotel de Seine and Hotel Prince de Conde?

by CALSF

Enjoy your frequent trips to Paris then! I'm still deciding if this hotel will be the one, but if it is I'll let you know.

Comments