Disney's Sequoia Lodge - Parks tickets included

Orbitz.com Tingo.com Otel.com

Costs 251% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Meadows11's Profile Photo

Epitomy Of Average

Our stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge was certainly satisfying, but yet nothing more than that. Everything about it really was the epitomy of average. I could have no complaints about the room- spacious(ish), comfortable, clean bathroom and linen, but it was very basic, and certainly didn't leave a lasting impression.

I must say that unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to use the swimming pool while I was there, and from the brochure pictures it looked very pleasant. The best thing about the hotel was probably the resteraunt which offered a good choice of high quality food which we were very satisfied with.

Unique Quality: The hotel's paths and gardens are very picteresque and colourful, and add to the relaxing qualities of the hotel. Though I fear that is by trying too hard to give the hotel a relaxing aura that they feel. They seem to be concentrating on giving the place an air of tranquility in a resort that was designed for the opposite, and this is where the hotel falls flat on it's back.

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Beautiful National Park lodge, just in Paris!

Sequoia Lodge is inspired by America’s national parks.
    Rooms were decorated with bright fabrics and modern wood furniture, The dark wood furniture fitted exactly into the theme of the hotel.

It was December when we stayed in Sequoia Lodge, and it was cold. It was so cold that it was always great to be back at the hotel, where we warmed up at the huge fireplace. I find this hotel great for the winter, because of the dark colours and the whole atmosphere of the hotel. For the summer I think Newport Bay is nicer, because of the bright and light colours.

There were busses to the park, but we decided to walk. It isn’t far to the bus station, it’s about a 7 / 10 minute walk.

Unique Quality: Nice wooden interior, and a beautiful fireplace where you can warm-up after a day in the park.

Directions: Sequoia is located next to Hotel New York and Newport Bay, right on the lake. You can take a shuttlebus to the park, but we decided to walk, because it is about a 7 / 10 minute walk the bus stop.

• monica78's Profile Photo

Disney's Sequoia lodge

From £82 pr. adult in a double room

Unique Quality: The hotel is very nice and big. I think the hotel has about 1000 rooms!
    The hotel also have a health club and a swimmingpool.
    Every morning the Disney characters show up in the reception to say hello to all kids.

More about Disney's Sequoia Lodge - Parks tickets included

Loved Sequoia Lodge

just returned from 5 days and 4 nights stay at Sequoia Lodge with 2 grandchildren aged 5 years and 10 years.
What a great hotel with good facilities for children and such lovely staff.
Goofy carried our cases to the lift.What a surprise!
Pool is great too for an afternoon break but stays open until 9.30 in the evening.Great breakfast and morning visit from Disney Characters gets the day off to a good start.Then just a maximum 10 mins walk along the lakeside promenade to Disney attractions which of course are fabulous for young and old alike.
Grandson also enjoyed Manchester United Soccer School opposite the Hotel with a morning training session from experts.
Voted best holiday ever by grandchildren and fab for us wrinklies too!

l'OPEN TOUR

by Martinewezel

I never discovered Paris with this company, but according to the look on this woman's face, she must be very satisfied!

There are a lot of touring companies by the way. Once from which I heard a lot of good things is Cityrama.

For those who visit Disneyland, booked a hotel in the resort but want to spend one day visiting Paris too : Cityrama picks you up at Hotel New York, Newport Bay or Sequoia Lodge in the morning!

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Glenda_Young

We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge in July 05. There were 3 adults and 2 children (11 and 12 years old) and we stayed in the main hotel although there are lodges in the grounds. The kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool; the adults loved the breakfast buffet (apart from having to use plastic cutlery) and there were Disney characters every day in the hotel at different times for the younger children who seemed to really get a kick from this. The bar is relaxing and the landscaped grounds a peaceful retreat from the excitement of the Disney parks at the end of the day. The rooms have everything you need, everything worked and it was clean - what more could you want? Around the lake are three hotels and the SL is one of these, the other hotels are behind these main three and it's only about 5-10 minutes walk from the main park. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

Tired and grubby

by TripAdvisor Member BizTravellerSurrey

My wife, son and I have just come back from the Sequoia Lodge Hotel in DLP. We paid nearly £1000 for a three day/two night stay plus access to the park of course.
We were disappointed with the hotel. To be fair some of the staff we met were fine. But others were not very interested at all. The room itself was grubby and tired and smelt stale. But as you cant open the windows we were stuck. The room was very dimly lit and had minimal facilities: small TV, two hard backed chairs, small table, thats it. The mini-bar was just about stocked but was not restocked as we used things - strange. The air con was nowhere near strong enough so we sweltered in our rooms each night (remember - we could'nt open the windows). We didnt even bother with breakfast because there were always queues and having read other reviews about the food, I am quite glad we didnt wait. However, apart from MacDonalds in the DLP Village, all the food we had at DLP was of very poor standard indeed, an especially damning comment given that this place is in France where they are very keen on good food. Mr Chirac would be horrified to have food in his country that is far worse than the rubbish you usually get in the UK!
DLP was okay. Perhaps a little tired and the staff were not the most helpful. We too found it hard to spot the Disney characters apart from at the evening parade - which was good. We also experienced rides 'breaking down' for no apparent reason and without sufficient explanation.
We did enjoy Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show - but once again, the food was pretty poor.
Would we go to DLP again? Yes. Would we stay at the Sequoia Lodge Hotel again? No. We would try to find somewhere much better - if it exists. Its only real merit is its location. A short pleasant walk to the Park.

A Nice Surprise!

My husband and I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge in Disneyland Paris in late October 2000.
We chose the hotel as I liked the idea of the USA National park theme and it was also one of the most economical.
After I had booked it I read a few reviews and was dreading going there....but to my surprise IT WAS FANTASTIC.
The reception staff were helpful and explained how everything worked.
The room was beatiful. Large room with a HUGE king-size, very comfortable bed with lots of extra pillows.
The bathroom was clean and there was also plenty of towels. The mini bar was stocked and you could also have a tray in your room for making tea/coffee. The view from the balcony to the lake was nice.
The staff in the hotel were very helpful, as they helped us getting to the airport and booking meals. All in all, the room and the SUPER WOW bed was up to my -high- expectations, when returning from a really exhausting time in the park.
I would surely stay there again. Quality stay for its cost!

Really Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Madison_Stargate

We returned from a 2 night stay at the Sequoia Lodge having decided to go in November for the Bonfire Spectacular. I have to say that we had a fantastic time and didn't want to come home!

Arrival at the hotel was good, I was so pleased when I saw how lovely the surroundings were, the car park is hidden by the trees and as soon as you get out of the car you are hit by the smell of pine resin.
The outside and lobby of the hotel were very welcoming and check in was easy.

Our room was on the ground floor in the main building and overlooked gardens. We found it to be warm and cosy, with the largest bathroom I've ever seen! There was plenty of storage space for thick winter clothing and we were thrilled to get a room with just one bed - an immense king sized one - as we didn't need a family room. It was a 2 minute walk to Lake Disney and just 10 minutes more to the parks, a great walk round the lake and through Disney Village.

OK, the hotel is not immaculate. There is a little renovation that is needed - some wallpaper a bit torn, doors with some scratches etc. However you have to consider that this is a hotel that is never really quiet enough to carry out major renovations and when you realise that at any one time there are approx 4000 guests, a significant number of these being children, you understand how difficult it must be to maintain the property.

I would say that staying in the hotel certainly added value to the holiday - this is my 7th visit to a Disney park and the first time in a Disney Hotel. It created a sense of excitement that staying in an ordinary hotel never can, it is also great being able to stay in the parks till they close and enjoy all that the nightlife has to offer.

All in all this was a great winter break in a warm and welcoming hotel. I will certainly be going back next winter and taking more family members and friends.

You get what you pay for in life and this Hotel is proof

Rather than waffle on as I did about the Newport Bay Club Hotel : I will say these few things ...... ONE MEMBER OF STAFF IN THE ONE BAR FOR A HOTEL THAT ACCOMODATES 3000 PEOPLE!! Does not cut it people!! Get Your acts together!!

RESTAURANT :
BREAKFAST : Hhhmmm, again, NOT ENOUGH STAFF and those that were there did NOTHING to help the growing frustrations of the guests! But the bread, etc was fresh so can't grumble there.
DINNER : Chewy and EXPENSIVE, nothing more to say.

POOL : Not connected to part of the hotel therefore, NOT good having to take children out in the bitter cold after swimming. and definitely NOT big enough for the number of guests!

LOCATION : EXCELLENT

VALUE FOR MONEY? By comparison to other hotels, this hotel was CHEAP and we, therefore, got nothing more (or less) than we paid for!!

The members of our party who did stay here (I did not stay here myself but did visit our friends) paid £100 each for 2 nights/3 days, incl park entry, coach journey and crossing so 'THEY DIDN'T BOTHER GRUMBLING'. You get what you pay for.

Comments