Du Centre Hotel

Hotels.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Arc de Triomphe du CarrouselArc de Triomphe du Carrousel

Empty Chairs, Empty Spaces (Jardin de Tulleries)Empty Chairs, Empty Spaces (Jardin de Tulleries)

Salle La Comedia des Pavés.Salle La Comedia des Pavés.

Tour Saint Jacques, Paris, France 2009Tour Saint Jacques, Paris, France 2009

Two days 1 night tour to Switzerland

by tvious

Hello everyone,

After reading through various VT postings in Switzerland forum posting, I am confused on the best way to spend my short two days in Switzerland from Paris in early Oct. Being a first timer to Paris & Switzerland,it further confused me.
Appreciate if someone could advise me hopefully step by step on the following:-

1. Are there any travel agent in Paris that provides full tour by coach/car to Switzerland for a short two days trip ?

2. OR in which city/town should I disembark in Switzerland for a similar arrangement i.e day tour to a choosen destination...would prefer to some snowy moutains and beautiful lakes ?

Thank you.

by Beausoleil

Hi. Normally we drive but this April got stuck by the volcanic ash cloud. We were grounded in London, finally got to Paris and needed tickets quickly to Toulouse so we tried a travel agent. She was great. I suggest you call this travel agency or walk over when you get to Paris and let them book you on the tour you want. It takes the stress out of it and you will get exactly what you want. Yes, you may pay more, but you only have two days so it might be worth it. Here's the travel agent. It's in the St. Germain district right across from St. Sulpice church. Bailly Voyages, 10 Rue Saint-Sulpice75006 Paris, France +33 (0)1 5542-7000

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

by puerto_lover

I recently took a train from Paris Gare de Lyon to Geneva. The train time is about 3 hours and something. But Geneva is not Alpine scenery but does have the largest inland lake in Switzerland. Continuing from Geneva using the train you can circle the northern shore and perhaps arrive at Vevey a small town where Charles Chaplin decided to spend his latter years. Just a few more kms is Montreux. This area of the lake is easier to reach than many other scenic places in Switzerland from Paris. It s fairly painless to organise train travel from Paris to Switzerland. You can buy tickets on the internet ?

You can look at Swiss Rail http://www.sbb.ch/en/

I think visiting Switzerland for one night from Paris by car / coach is too ambitious. Travelling by car to the scenic areas will take at least 5 hours. To get to a place like Grindelwald then add an hour. This is better achieved over a few days.

by tvious

Thank you for the many advises. Appreciated.

Travel Tips for Paris

Disneyland and child friendly Paris

by whitelilysummerain

My favourite thing about Paris was Disneyland and this was my main reason for going to Paris, but instead of just staying at Disney I wanted to see Paris itself too, even if it wasn't in a very thorough way. I'm so shocked at how different it all was to my expectations, I thought my favourite thing would be the beauty of Paris but I preffered Disneyland which was a lot better than I imagined.

My trip was split in two parts 3 days in Disney for the children, three days in Paris for the adults. We had two children with us aged 6 and 9 so the Paris part had to be child friendly, they didn't want to que for long periods and would get tired walking alot, with this in mind I bought our Louvre & Disney tickets before we left so that we never had to que, and booked tours to see Paris by day and by night. But to be honest Paris was hard work, and this was due to the people mostly.
We found it easier to feed us and the children in Disneyland as in Paris near our hotel (Les Halles) everywhere seemed to be shut at the times we wanted to eat apart from non French places, one of which gave my a bad stomach and Hippopotamus which I really liked.

The boat cruises on the river Seine were nice but disappointing, on the one by day the children felt ill due to the heat of being under glass and we had agro trying to get off when it stopped to alight some people, and the one at night was meant to be part of an illuminations tour but it was still light, so nothing was illuminated

I would return to Paris but without children to enjoy the Moulin Rouge and other tourist night life hot spots and would know to expect a snappy answer before I even finsih the sentance.
I would most definately return to Disneyland but this time I would stay there and would plan for a more relaxed pace to enjoy it all. My fondest memory is seeing how delighted the children were to see the Disneyland, and seeing the Eiffel tower sparkle for 6 minutes on the hour, whch I knew nothing about so that was a pleasant suprise.

The Market

by ladycordelia

In Antony, they have an awesome market every Sunday morning. At the market, Jean-No and I can buy much fresher vegetables, cheeses and meats than in the grocery store for much cheaper. I don't have any pictures of the market, but i will try and take some next sunday.

City of Music

by eho

Listening to classical music performance by a street performer outside the Louvre wrapped up a perfect day.
The night was cool but comfortable, a few drifting stars were shining in the sky, the lights of the pyramid and its reflection were waving nearby, and the violin performance was absolutely world class!

The key sentence

by rabid

My French is horrible, but I've never been subjected to the alleged rudeness of Parisians.

I've found that there's a sentence that unlocks French friendliness:

"Excusez moi, j'ai un problem>."

When they say, "Oui?"

I say, "En Englais, s'il vous plait?"

They say, "Oui"

And we move forward in English.

I'm not even sure that the grammar (gender etc) is correct, but it's always worked.

In fact, I tested it once in Bon Marche. The first time I used the phrase, and the help was immediate and friendly.

The second time, I just said, "Bonjour" and then, "Je ne parle pas Francais..." and there was a distinct difference.

More Money!

by ScubaBoy

If you are going to Paris, take loads of money, the place is rip off city. I can't believe they charge more for local beer than the same (non local) beer in London!!! £3.50 a pint in happy hour is not good value at all.

Coffee for £3 - who are they kidding!!!

And we went in the expensive areas either!

Comments